MAC Mocha

MAC Mocha
Mocha Mocha

4.4

on 10/7/2017 3:37:00 AM

The perfect plummy/mauve pink blush, a definite staple for me, and I have repurchased and used one already...MAC's blushes are top quality, buttery etc, and Mocha is no exception.

on 8/21/2017 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In love with this blush. Like all blushers in the Mac collection of mattes, the color is buildable, so you can do a hint of color or amp it up if you prefer to. It comes in the usual MAC packaging which I happen to be fond of, just my personal choice. In the pan, this reads a dusty rose with a faint mauve undertone. Not as pink as in the photo. But I digress.

Once applied and "set" on my skin sure enough a warm mocha undertone comes alive!. Worth noting I cannot wear browns in blush. But somehow this perfect hint of mocha comes through on my now medium tone (aging) though born with fair Irish skin, So not too pink, not too mauve, not overly warm nor cool either. I would recommend the color for those with a similar skintone I don't believe it would work for one and all. That said..

I came upon this after returning the MAC Desert Rose,, a red disaster on me (also reviewed). I already have quite a collection of blushers from low to high end and one day I decided enough! I need to simplify ala Mark Zuckerberg and his grey t's. Ok not quite that much but I wanted ONE blush that would work with everything, reach for all the time without making a decision on what to choose. Also easy enough to apply that my not expert skills would not be noticeable. And this does it.

Highly recommend.

on 5/4/2017 10:14:00 AM

I loved this product at the beginning when I first bought it. The pigmentation was good even for a natural blush and I thought this was IT. HOWEVER, I am a month into using this product now and noticed the pigmentation is completely GONE. There is absolutely no pigment in it at all and I have fair skin. Normally I would just move on to the next blush but this is a high end blush and I paid a lot for it! I would say the drug store blushes are a lot better than this. It has started to go hard pan and I am very disappointed with the price they charge for a blush that has no quality after a few uses. Now I can’t return it because it’s been over a month. Very deceiving !

Not sure why I was recommended this. I'm NC25. This blush looks a little dull on my skin, does not brighten the complexion. Does not complement brighter lipsticks from Mac. Works with Brave lipstick and Cream in My Coffee lipstick.

First, to address the elephant in the room: as a college student, I like to think I know my coffee pretty well. This "soft plum-pink" blush has nothing to do with that. (But--albeit in a different way--it, too, makes you appear more awake. So perhaps it is aptly named after all.)

Lately, I've been in a blush rut; I usually love bold colors on my cheeks, but it just wasn't feeling right for school and the drab weather New York has been having lately. I was looking for a natural, matte everyday blush for my NC20-25 cool olive skin. Pinks that are too cool toned make me look sallow, while anything too warm toned is emphasized and turned orange by my skin. Keeping that in mind, I was looking for a neutral sort of rosy-plummy shade. I first purchased Breath of Plum (originally I really was trying to find Mocha, but my usual store didn't have it in stock and I've never been the delayed gratification type), but it ended up being way too dark and almost reddish for what I wanted. I went to a different counter to return it, finally found this little gem, and after spending a while painting my arms up and down with swatches, Mocha came home with me.

I use a Sigma F10 brush to apply my blush, and I only find I have to tap my brush once into the pan to get a decent payoff on my cheeks. Of course, if you're crazy like me, one tap is not nearly enough--I want my blush to be seen. I find that even swirling the brush in the pan a little won't result in too much color as long as it's properly applied and blended. I've had issues with matte blushes looking patchy and far too pigmented when worn (I'm looking at you, Exhibit A) but Mocha doesn't fall into this category. Thanks to my skin's undertones, it actually turns out to be a little warmer than it looks in the pan, but still very pretty. When not overdone, it just gives a nice natural glow that makes you look awake, healthy, and lasts all day on my combination skin. It really is a perfect daily blush for me.

The one thing I'd have to say about MAC (particularly matte, but I haven't tried enough of the finishes to know for sure) blushes is that they do have the sort of formula that develops a weird hard film on top as oil from your face is transferred to the pan from your brush. To remedy this, I usually take one of the spare spoolies that I "borrow" from Sephora and gently scrape the film off, and it works like a charm. If you've been able to make it through my rambling and your skin tone is similar to mine (honestly, even if it's not, anyone from fair to tan might like this--my aunt is NC42 and it looks even more natural on her), I'd definitely recommend to give MAC Mocha a try!

Its great easy to blend very flattering shade would recommend

on 6/29/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After years of using pinky coloured blushes, I finally found a soft plum colour I love! Based on tons of online reviews, I tried Mac's Breath of Plum and Mocha, and found Breath of Plum a little too purple for my skin. Mocha seemed to have the right mix of pink and purple for me. I'm relatively fair, and last time Mac searched me, I was an NC20. The blush stays in my cheeks all day and never seems to fade. It actually builds quite easily and it wouldn't be hard to accidentally put on too much. Overall I'm very happy with this, just wish it were a little less expensive, but I'm sure it's going to last for some time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I confess, I owned this blush for the better part of a year before I really got in the groove with it. When the MA first put it on me, I was thrilled, it looked to be a perfect match for me. But when I got home with it...nothing. It looked like I wasn't wearing any blush at all. Well, phooey. I live too far away to return it easily, so I just tossed it in the drawer for someday. Every so often, I would get it out and try again. Well, finally, finally! I used a brush that is a little coarser and kind of dug at the blush to make sure I could actually see it on the brush, just wanting to make sure I was picking it up. I noticed that I scratched through the top layer of it in the pan and actually got color on my brush. I don't know what the deal was but I am finally able to use this blush.

It gives me a nice, subtle, very natural blush, but definitely with color. I am about a NW15-20 most of the year.

on 5/7/2015 11:17:00 AM

i absolutely love this blush because it just gived me some color and warmth not clown face

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first ever blush and my favourite ever. I went to the MAC store telling the lady I want to start wearing blush and have this slight pink, flushed cheeks in the autumn/winter that gives the impression that it's really cold outside and I had just coming in. She smiled and brought me this little treasure. The colour is beige/pink that makes my cheeks looks soft pink and very very natural.

I wear it above L'Oreal's makeup primer, a single pass or twice at maximum. It last all days and stays well on its place.