MAC Mocha

Mocha Mocha

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Mocha blush is a classic. I’ve owned this several times and I’ve bought it for my mom. It’s a very wearable everyday pink. On me, it’s very neutral. It’s not peachy or yellow or blue. I personally don’t see the plum and it reads slightly warm on me. I have a hard time with pinks, but I love this one.
The formula is amazing. It’s Pigmented and buildable and blendable. My mom struggled with hard pan but I never have. I’m not sure what she and I do differently.
I love that I can get it in a pan and pop it in a palette.

on 11/29/2017 6:56:00 AM

Mac Mocha is a gorgeous cool-toned pink blush with a plum undertone and a matte finish. It looks natural against my NC15 skin tone, with just one layer of blush giving excellent colour payoff. It can also be layered up for a more dramatic effect, without becoming cakey or powdery. It gives a natural, healthy flush to the cheeks - making me look bright and awake. This is a colour that can easily be worn daily. It applies like a dream, it is well pigmented and well formulated. It lasts all day on my skin, with only minimal fading on more humid days. I highly recommend this colour, MAC blushes are excellent quality and Mocha is no exception.

on 11/29/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect rosy pink to give u this refresh look. Just a lil on my apples and im ready to go..very casual..buildable but i like a couple swipes..not too much..i love it

on 11/28/2017 5:38:00 AM

This blusher is really gorgeous because its beautiful color and also it fits all makeup looks whether pinks looks, browns, oranges so i can use it all in one blush and that the most remarkable feature of it 👍👍👍👍👍👍😍

on 10/7/2017 3:37:00 AM

The perfect plummy/mauve pink blush, a definite staple for me, and I have repurchased and used one already...MAC's blushes are top quality, buttery etc, and Mocha is no exception.

on 8/21/2017 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In love with this blush. Like all blushers in the Mac collection of mattes, the color is buildable, so you can do a hint of color or amp it up if you prefer to. It comes in the usual MAC packaging which I happen to be fond of, just my personal choice. In the pan, this reads a dusty rose with a faint mauve undertone. Not as pink as in the photo. But I digress.

Once applied and "set" on my skin sure enough a warm mocha undertone comes alive!. Worth noting I cannot wear browns in blush. But somehow this perfect hint of mocha comes through on my now medium tone (aging) though born with fair Irish skin, So not too pink, not too mauve, not overly warm nor cool either. I would recommend the color for those with a similar skintone I don't believe it would work for one and all. That said..

I came upon this after returning the MAC Desert Rose,, a red disaster on me (also reviewed). I already have quite a collection of blushers from low to high end and one day I decided enough! I need to simplify ala Mark Zuckerberg and his grey t's. Ok not quite that much but I wanted ONE blush that would work with everything, reach for all the time without making a decision on what to choose. Also easy enough to apply that my not expert skills would not be noticeable. And this does it.

Highly recommend.

Not sure why I was recommended this. I'm NC25. This blush looks a little dull on my skin, does not brighten the complexion. Does not complement brighter lipsticks from Mac. Works with Brave lipstick and Cream in My Coffee lipstick.

on 5/4/2017 10:14:00 AM

I loved this product at the beginning when I first bought it. The pigmentation was good even for a natural blush and I thought this was IT. HOWEVER, I am a month into using this product now and noticed the pigmentation is completely GONE. There is absolutely no pigment in it at all and I have fair skin. Normally I would just move on to the next blush but this is a high end blush and I paid a lot for it! I would say the drug store blushes are a lot better than this. It has started to go hard pan and I am very disappointed with the price they charge for a blush that has no quality after a few uses. Now I can’t return it because it’s been over a month. Very deceiving !

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First, to address the elephant in the room: as a college student, I like to think I know my coffee pretty well. This "soft plum-pink" blush has nothing to do with that. (But--albeit in a different way--it, too, makes you appear more awake. So perhaps it is aptly named after all.)

Lately, I've been in a blush rut; I usually love bold colors on my cheeks, but it just wasn't feeling right for school and the drab weather New York has been having lately. I was looking for a natural, matte everyday blush for my NC20-25 cool olive skin. Pinks that are too cool toned make me look sallow, while anything too warm toned is emphasized and turned orange by my skin. Keeping that in mind, I was looking for a neutral sort of rosy-plummy shade. I first purchased Breath of Plum (originally I really was trying to find Mocha, but my usual store didn't have it in stock and I've never been the delayed gratification type), but it ended up being way too dark and almost reddish for what I wanted. I went to a different counter to return it, finally found this little gem, and after spending a while painting my arms up and down with swatches, Mocha came home with me.

I use a Sigma F10 brush to apply my blush, and I only find I have to tap my brush once into the pan to get a decent payoff on my cheeks. Of course, if you're crazy like me, one tap is not nearly enough--I want my blush to be seen. I find that even swirling the brush in the pan a little won't result in too much color as long as it's properly applied and blended. I've had issues with matte blushes looking patchy and far too pigmented when worn (I'm looking at you, Exhibit A) but Mocha doesn't fall into this category. Thanks to my skin's undertones, it actually turns out to be a little warmer than it looks in the pan, but still very pretty. When not overdone, it just gives a nice natural glow that makes you look awake, healthy, and lasts all day on my combination skin. It really is a perfect daily blush for me.

The one thing I'd have to say about MAC (particularly matte, but I haven't tried enough of the finishes to know for sure) blushes is that they do have the sort of formula that develops a weird hard film on top as oil from your face is transferred to the pan from your brush. To remedy this, I usually take one of the spare spoolies that I "borrow" from Sephora and gently scrape the film off, and it works like a charm. If you've been able to make it through my rambling and your skin tone is similar to mine (honestly, even if it's not, anyone from fair to tan might like this--my aunt is NC42 and it looks even more natural on her), I'd definitely recommend to give MAC Mocha a try!

Its great easy to blend very flattering shade would recommend

Popular Blush Products