MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush - Mocha

MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush - Mocha
No TitlePowder Blush - MochaPowder Blush - Mocha

4.4

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to use Mocha when I first started wearing makeup. My grandfather's gf was a makeup artist and did seasonal color analyses. She was the first to tell me that I was a summer; cool, muted, and light, with little contrast. She said my best lip and cheek color is a dusty mauve-pink, which is exactly what shade this blush is. It's super flattering on my skin tone, it looks just like the shade I turn when I blush. I think this color would suit a variety of skintones. I just recently repurchased this after not using it for years, and I'm wondering why I ever stopped! The texture of this blush is perfect, no shimmer or glitter, but also not dry like most matte formulas. I know some people have had issues with getting a hard pan, but I've been lucky to never experience that. I love mac in general but this one will remain with me for the rest of my life. Highly recommended

on 8/29/2018 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the hard pan I get all the time (which I' m afraid might be an issue with that particular shade), Mocha is my favorite.
Blushbaby, which I wore for years before this, looked OK: a tad too warm, and a bit boring, really. However, I used it up.
But when I tried Mocha on bare skin, the difference was stunning: my complexion just became more luminous and healthier.
Mocha is so natural that it never becomes noticeable under any light - it just enhances everything else: eyes, brows, lips. So, I guess, I now have a staple blush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Mocha blush is a classic. I’ve owned this several times and I’ve bought it for my mom. It’s a very wearable everyday pink. On me, it’s very neutral. It’s not peachy or yellow or blue. I personally don’t see the plum and it reads slightly warm on me. I have a hard time with pinks, but I love this one.
The formula is amazing. It’s Pigmented and buildable and blendable. My mom struggled with hard pan but I never have. I’m not sure what she and I do differently.
I love that I can get it in a pan and pop it in a palette.

on 11/29/2017 6:56:00 AM

Mac Mocha is a gorgeous cool-toned pink blush with a plum undertone and a matte finish. It looks natural against my NC15 skin tone, with just one layer of blush giving excellent colour payoff. It can also be layered up for a more dramatic effect, without becoming cakey or powdery. It gives a natural, healthy flush to the cheeks - making me look bright and awake. This is a colour that can easily be worn daily. It applies like a dream, it is well pigmented and well formulated. It lasts all day on my skin, with only minimal fading on more humid days. I highly recommend this colour, MAC blushes are excellent quality and Mocha is no exception.

on 11/29/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect rosy pink to give u this refresh look. Just a lil on my apples and im ready to go..very casual..buildable but i like a couple swipes..not too much..i love it

on 11/28/2017 5:38:00 AM

This blusher is really gorgeous because its beautiful color and also it fits all makeup looks whether pinks looks, browns, oranges so i can use it all in one blush and that the most remarkable feature of it 👍👍👍👍👍👍😍

on 10/7/2017 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect plummy/mauve pink blush, a definite staple for me, and I have repurchased and used one already...MAC's blushes are top quality, buttery etc, and Mocha is no exception.

on 8/21/2017 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In love with this blush. Like all blushers in the Mac collection of mattes, the color is buildable, so you can do a hint of color or amp it up if you prefer to. It comes in the usual MAC packaging which I happen to be fond of, just my personal choice. In the pan, this reads a dusty rose with a faint mauve undertone. Not as pink as in the photo. But I digress.

Once applied and "set" on my skin sure enough a warm mocha undertone comes alive!. Worth noting I cannot wear browns in blush. But somehow this perfect hint of mocha comes through on my now medium tone (aging) though born with fair Irish skin, So not too pink, not too mauve, not overly warm nor cool either. I would recommend the color for those with a similar skintone I don't believe it would work for one and all. That said..

I came upon this after returning the MAC Desert Rose,, a red disaster on me (also reviewed). I already have quite a collection of blushers from low to high end and one day I decided enough! I need to simplify ala Mark Zuckerberg and his grey t's. Ok not quite that much but I wanted ONE blush that would work with everything, reach for all the time without making a decision on what to choose. Also easy enough to apply that my not expert skills would not be noticeable. And this does it.

Highly recommend.

Not sure why I was recommended this. I'm NC25. This blush looks a little dull on my skin, does not brighten the complexion. Does not complement brighter lipsticks from Mac. Works with Brave lipstick and Cream in My Coffee lipstick.

on 5/4/2017 10:14:00 AM

I loved this product at the beginning when I first bought it. The pigmentation was good even for a natural blush and I thought this was IT. HOWEVER, I am a month into using this product now and noticed the pigmentation is completely GONE. There is absolutely no pigment in it at all and I have fair skin. Normally I would just move on to the next blush but this is a high end blush and I paid a lot for it! I would say the drug store blushes are a lot better than this. It has started to go hard pan and I am very disappointed with the price they charge for a blush that has no quality after a few uses. Now I can’t return it because it’s been over a month. Very deceiving !

Popular Blush Products