Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk
Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 4/15/2017 2:49:00 PM

I was on a kick of trying milk cleansers, and thought I'd give this natural choice a try. It's a very nice cleanser. It removes all of the dirt, oil and makeup on my face, and didn't strip my skin. That being said, right before this I tried Clinique's Take the Day Off Milk Cleanser, which is probably one of the best cleansers I've ever used. So this paled in comparison. I got a few small breakouts from this. And I would not recommend this to anyone who is sensitive to strong scents, because it has a very strong herbal-y scent. And I'm not fond of the glass bottle. It did not make it easy to travel with. Also the price is ridiculously expensive for the amount of product you get. So sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

on 4/10/2017 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately this ended up breaking me out. I tried to stick with it for a few days to see if I'd get used to it but the flare-up got worse so I decided to call it quits. I started using Dr Hauschka's cleansing cream and special toner recently and it's been good, but before that I was using Garnier's micellar water and Estée Lauder's ANL serum at night and to be honest that was fine too. I have a past of severe acne and even though Dr H swears the alcohol in this cannot cause reactions because it's naturally derived or whatever, I could feel the tingle on my skin when I put this on and lo and behold: the next day my skin was a royal mess. So I'm just going to stick with what I know works for me and doesn't aggravate my skin.

I also simply prefer to use as little products as possible on my face, mostly because I don't have that much time and I like to be efficient but also because my skin freaks out so much if I pile on the products. Any micellar cleanser really suits me fine without the need for a separate makeup remover or rinse-off cleanser: they don't dry out my skin and they don't irritate but they do actually do the trick of removing my light mineral makeup. Dr Hauschka worked fine on me before I added this into the mix but my beautician said with the cleansing cream you really need the cleansing milk or another makeup remover as well. Also their Melissa day cream (that she also sold me on) is lovely but it doesn't have an SPF and I've kind of become used to using a light, non-comedogenic day lotion (Avene) with an SPF. So now I'm thinking: why did I let her talk me into buying all these extra products when the little routine I had going worked just fine...?

on 8/24/2015 6:13:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

The best cleanser I have ever used. It must be used with a cleansing cloth or a soft face washer. It is not harsh, never drying and very comfortable. It does not remove very heavy makeup though.

on 7/13/2015 3:12:00 PM

I have been using the Dr. H Cleansing Cream, Toner, and Rose day cream, and decided to try this to remove makeup and cleanse before bed.

I would rub in on dry and then wash it off with a hot facecloth. But even after rinsing twice it felt greasy and like a film was left on skin. It made me want to re-wash my face again! And it did not remove my eye makeup at all.

My skin was looking great when I first started Dr. H, but now three weeks later its breaking out on my forehead and cheeks. Super disappointed because I love the smell, and the whole idea behind the line and the other products, but my skin has spoken, and its not a happy camper.

on 2/21/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent cleanser except that I find if you wear foundation you need the help of a cotton ball or wash cloth... Will not take off makeup on contact which is highly annoying. But since I'm on a holistic journey it will do. But will search for better...

on 2/16/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is actually a Dr. Hauschka skin care product that I really have come to like. I was recently tempted to try Dr. H. again when my skin freaked out and I decided to go back to strictly all natural products. Overall I trust this brand although I have definitely had some issues with some things (for instance my dry skin just hates the whole "go without moisturizer at night" thing). Anyway, I have come to believe that you just have to find the way that works best for you to use these products sometimes. Here is what works for me with this cleansing milk (at night to remove makeup):
- I massage this into my dry face, sometimes with a tiny bit of water, but usually 2 pumps on my face is more than enough to massage in without any dilution.
- I take a washcloth and wet it with water that's fairly hot, wring out well, and place over my face and kind of let my face steam for a couple minutes, then gently wipe to remove the cleansing milk and all my makeup. Sometimes I repeat this step.
I find that this way melts off all my makeup (I do use natural brands that may be less heavy though), does not leave any residue, and leaves my skin super soft.
In the mornings with no makeup on, I apply to my dry skin, massage in, and just rinse with water.
I will probably continue to buy this, at least for now. It is expensive, but it doesn't take much, and my skin feels great using it. No reason to change it up for now!

on 2/10/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For my very sensitive combination skin it works very well. No toner or tonikum is needed afterwards. I use it also to get rid of my Tom Ford foundation/eye make up and my Chanel volume mascara in my night skin care routine. It works!

on 1/9/2015 11:08:00 AM

Excellent for my sensitive skin. I wish it was possible to refill the bottle in some store instead of buying new glass bottles all the time..

on 11/30/2014 7:49:00 AM

I've been using this product for over 5 years and it was very effective : deep clean, not agressive at all for my sensitive-combination-acne prone skin.

But... for some reason (stress) my skin has turned very sensitive the last couple of months and this type of cleanse was not enough for my acne. I am very sad I can't use it any longer. It's a great product!

This bottle has pros and cons. I like the fact that it smells wonderful and is pretty good at removing makeup. I use a dr hauschka sponge. I don't think it improves skin conditions like acne or redness though. But it is a lot less harsher than other cleansing products and does not strip oils or make face feel tight. The other annoying thing is I go through this quickly and by the time you get near the end if the bottle, the pump no longer works and you end up losing 1/3 of the product unless you were to heavily tap it.