Body Essence Olive & Honey Exfoliating Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/20/2009 10:02:00 AM

What a pleasant surprise! I love this stuff and so does my HUSBAND! If he likes it then you know it's a keeper! I bought it at Walmart for super cheap and couldn't be happier! I have tried other scents from this line and this is by far my favorite as it is not to feminine or fruity but still SEXY! Definitely will be looking for this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this body wash by accident, and am so glad I did. It smells wonderful, and is not harsh or drying for me. You get sooooo much product for a price that can't be beat. I'm not sure I like the pump bottle, as I keep this in a hanging shower organizer & have to take it out and set it on the side of the shower to use. I've had it for months and am only halfway through the bottle, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to repurchasing.

on 1/2/2009 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a nice bod wash. It smells delicious. I love the large bottle with pump top and you get a lot for your money. The exfoliating grains feel great on my dry itchy winter skin. I wish it was a little more moisturizing but I'd still repurchase.

on 4/12/2008 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am very satisfied with this body wash. I am a sucker for exfoliating bits, so that was the draw here. Not to mention that I've not missed the billions of raves about olive oil all over MUA. This was cheap, had a tempting name, and was a big size. Done and done, it went into my cart.

At first I was not a big fan of the smell (anyone who likes the scent of honey would have no problem, but I am an oddball and actually don't like the scent or taste of honey) but it's very light and now I hardly even notice it. And by that I don't mean "it smells like poo but I've gotten past that," I just mean I normally go for citrus scents instead. This one isn't bad, though.

I guess I should get to the benefits of the product. I think it does a very good job.It's moisturizing and does not leave my skin feel thirsty and dry like some that I normally pick, but it still does feel like it truly cleanses my body with no residue left over. I'm not sure if any body wash can really exfoliate, considering that it gets diluted and foamed, but if any can, then this does. It had nice little visible macadamia nut shell bits. I am also a big fan of the pump. This is not traditional body wash packaging, but it sure makes things convenient for now... we'll see how things go when I get down to the bottom inch.

All in all, this stuff is a great deal and I would surely re-buy. I'm hoping they have more formula options/different scents, but even if not I would happily repurchase this in particular.

i love this stuff!! it smells great! it makes my skin super soft. and it makes my face feel better. and my makeup goes on alot better when i wash my face with it

on 2/19/2008 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was buying this brand called Body Essence at Walmart for my DS & DH to use in their bathroom. I had tried the ones I got for them, but they were too drying for my skin, so I always bought other things for myself. They had tried and liked the Mango Cream and the Sweet Vanilla Cream scents so far. The other day, I wanted to pick them up another body wash. It seems like Walmart keeps adding new fragrances in this line of body washes. I saw the Olive & Honey Exfoliating body wash and it looked to be more moisturizing than the others. I actually wanted to try this myself before putting it in their shower. Well, it never did go into their shower because I love it! It has a little bit of exfoliating macadamia nut or something. The scrub particles are not plentiful enough to be a really good exfoliating scrub though. That would be the only complaint. But with this brand, you get awesome scents, large amounts of product in pump bottles, and for sooo little money! OK, what I love about this particular body wash is, it uses more gentle cleansers, so it's not drying. The natural ingredients it contains besides water are: panthenol (B5), tocopheral acetate (Vit. E), retinyl palmitate (Vit. A), sodium ascorbyl phosphate (Vit. C), olive fruit oil, honey, sweet almond seed meal, macadamia seedcake, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed pearl powder, and pumice. There are chemicals as well, it's not all-natural. No animal testing with this brand. It comes in a large 24 oz. pump bottle, great for the shower. I have even used this on my face in the shower without problems. It's winter and I barely need a moisturizer after using this, so I don't anticipate needing one at all when the weather warms up. I love the smell. What else can I say? This is worth a try, and if you don't like it, you have a giant hand soap to use at the sink :)