Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream
Rose Day Cream

3.9

Water, Peanut Oil, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Beeswax, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Sucrose Distearate, Olive Oil , Fragrance, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Limonene*, Citral*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Eugenol*, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Lanolin, Lecithin *Component of natural essential oils

This is my second-favorite facial moisturizer for the dry winter months (my favorite being Evan Healy's Whipped Shea Butter with Olive Leaf). It is extremely rich, so you have to be really careful not to apply too much. It is so thick that you have to pat it onto the skin; it doesn't rub in.

If you put on too much, your skin will look greasy, but if you put on just the right amount, your skin will have a nice sheen that makes it dewy looking. The scent is also wonderful. Love this product, just wish it weren't so expensive.

I have found that this product is wonderful to use after microneedling, when the skin is parched. It absorbs right in and doesn't give me pimples.

I do not use this in the summer months, because it would make my face way too oily. As some have noted, it does sit on top of the skin a bit--which is exactly what I need in winter.

I adore this cream, it works beautifully with my pale pinky slightly dry skin. It has a heavy texture as many have said. Warming it in your hands does not work and frankly is a waste of product at this cost so I like to dot it over the dry areas and tap / roll it in. It melts in nicely and leaves a dewy glow. The scent is heavenly, true garden rose scent. I have been using this for a few months with no irritation, it is very calming considering the high concentration of essential oils / scent. I have bought the light version to try, but honestly I think this is the best formulation. Texture takes some getting used to but it is worth it for the results. This will be my go-to cream for winter and a rich treat for the warmer months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of those products what really shouldn't work for my skin type, based on the ingredients list- shea butter, oils, fragrance etc and yet so far my skin has been responding well. It is fragranced, but it dissipates very quickly and hasn't caused my sensitive skin any issues, usually I get hives from highly perfumed skincare but this seems okay so far.
I am still breaking out but I really can't be sure if this is to blame, so I'll update in a few weeks when I can be more certain how it's working with my acne prone areas. I have noticed active acne healing far quicker than normal though.
Very expensive for such a small tube, but only a very little is needed. It does have a slight occlusive feel to it, but I always apply it to damp skin, because otherwise it simply doesn't absorb at all and has a tendency to sit on the surface.
UPDATE: sadly this did break me out with longer use, but I still recommend it if you aren't acne prone or it doesn't have any clogging triggers for your skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as part of a Dr Hauschka sample pack full of lots of trial sizes. Of all the products this one was probably one of my least favorites. In itself it's not a bad product at all, with a lovely scent and natural ingredients, just too heavy for me to use on a daily basis, perhaps 'rich' would be a better word as the cream itself absorbed pretty rapidly and kept my skin nicely hydrated, but as the days progressed my face looked more and more like an oil slick.
I only used on a night time, just a pea sized amount carefully patted onto the skin as opposed to massaging in until absorbed - which is what I would usually do with a moisturizer.
Funnily enough my skin usually switches to something more along the lines of 'normal' when I'm in colder climates so I decided to take this with me on a trip to northern Europe, but despite that I was still finding this too rich and the same oil slick problem. Definitely one for more drier and dehydrated skin types.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/12/2018 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I hoard this whenever Wholefoods has them on sale. I use this on my face after I was diagnosed with cancer. I had to get brain radiation and that mean losing my hair and itchy scalp. But this cream saved me. I applied it to my forehead after each radiation treatment. And when I got bald, to my scalp. I didnt get radiation burn or burnt scalp ans went through 1 tube. I know it’s quite expensive to be used for such a large area such as the scalp. But it was all worth it. I didnt even get scalp irritation.

For the face, this also works great. But you have to get used to the rose scent. This is my favorite moisturizer.

on 11/11/2017 5:07:00 PM

One of my favorite moisturizers! Glowy skin

on 3/22/2017 3:55:00 AM

I live in a desert climate and have dry skin so this cream is very very important to me. I need something thick that almost acts like a barrier on my skin, not letting any dry patches come through. I also have sensitive skin and my face has not reacted badly to the ingredients in this product in any way.

I'm reading here that people find it too thick but to me the thickness just means it's not just another lightweight moisturiser (of which I own too many). It actually works at moisturising properly and not just being completely absorbed by my skin immediately.

If you didn't know already - there is Light version of this day cream so that might be better for those who don't need/like a thick face cream. I have yet to try that one but judging how natural the ingredients are, I am sure it is great too. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product years ago and decided to try it again because I wanted a moisturizer with a lot of nourishing plant oils. I wish it worked for me, but it irritates my face--probably because of the fragrant oils, doh. I love the rich texture (though in cold weather, it can be hard to spread) and the floral/herbal scent (though that's from the aforementioned fragrant oils). I'm not so hot on the packaging (annoying metal tube) or price ($45, though it can be found cheaper online).

Minus the fragrant oils, this could be a winner. As it is, it leaves my face red and angry. Too bad.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Im on the edge about this product. It was my first Dr. Hauschka that I purchased. I know there are people who follow his rules religiously, but I'm just not convinced. This cream is EXTREMELY difficult to spread, I had to spritz my face with face mist to apply it easily. You really have to spend some time massaging it in and even then it somehow seems to sit on top of my skin. I suppose it would be most suitable for cracking-dry skin types and in the colder weather, absolutely. I'm afraid it would bring more troubles than benefits during summer.

on 2/12/2016 3:34:00 AM

I love the smell and the idea of this. It doesn't break my combination skin out. I was using this for 6 months until I just found out it contains St. John's wort:(