Yesterday I reviewed the 'Light' version of this and figured why not write up about/compare my experience with this version too. I got it as part of a Dr Hauschka sample pack full of lots of trial sizes. In itself it's not a bad product at all, has a lovely rose scent just like the light version and lots of natural ingredients, it's just too heavy for me to use on a daily basis, perhaps 'rich' would be a better word as the cream itself absorbed pretty rapidly and kept my skin nicely hydrated, but as the days progressed my face looked more and more like an oil slick.
I only used on a night time, just a pea sized amount carefully patted onto the skin as opposed to massaging in until absorbed - which is what I would usually do with a moisturizer.
Funnily enough my skin usually switches to something more along the lines of 'normal' when I'm in colder climates so I decided to take this with me on a trip to Europe last year, but despite that I was still finding this too rich and the same oil slick problem. Definitely one for more drier and dehydrated skin types. Much prefer the 'Light' version of the Rose Day cream over this one.
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment