Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream

3.9

Water, Peanut Oil, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Beeswax, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Sucrose Distearate, Olive Oil , Fragrance, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Limonene*, Citral*, Farnesol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Eugenol*, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Lanolin, Lecithin *Component of natural essential oils

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Im on the edge about this product. It was my first Dr. Hauschka that I purchased. I know there are people who follow his rules religiously, but I'm just not convinced. This cream is EXTREMELY difficult to spread, I had to spritz my face with face mist to apply it easily. You really have to spend some time massaging it in and even then it somehow seems to sit on top of my skin. I suppose it would be most suitable for cracking-dry skin types and in the colder weather, absolutely. I'm afraid it would bring more troubles than benefits during summer.

on 2/12/2016 3:34:00 AM

I love the smell and the idea of this. It doesn't break my combination skin out. I was using this for 6 months until I just found out it contains St. John's wort:(

To Read all 346 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/29/2016 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This is one of my favorite moisturizers. I've been using it for years. My skin is prone to redness and needs strengthening and soothing and this cream helps with that. It has a very rich, heavy texture and takes a bit of time to absorb so I don't use it under make up (it's not my daily moisturizer), instead I use a few times a week (on dry areas only) when I'm at home with no make up on. I can see the difference on my skin. It feels deeply nourished. Great for cold winter months. Recommended for skin prone to redness. It may be too heavy for oily, acne-prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Awesome moisturizer. I recently moved to Germany from the US, ran out of my favorite Cerave cream, and bought this as a replacement. (It's cheaper in Europe, around €19.) My dry + oily skin seems to really balance out with this stuff - it hasn't caused any clogged pores, and even shrunk a few small pimples the first time I used it. A really small amount goes a long way; just a light glaze leaves keeps dryness away all day (in Berlin's horrible winter cold/wind, that's a huge deal), and my skin looks fresher and more "plumped" in the morning - love it. Just wish it came in a larger size!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

You don't realise how well this works until your skin really needs it! I used to hate this product because of how thick it felt but a few days ago I stupidly burned my skin very badly with 10% benzoyl peroxide. My skin was a burnt, flakey and red mess and either my moisturisers irritated my skin further or weren't moisturising enough. However, I remembered I had this stored away so decided to give it a try. This completely calmed down my skin whilst also providing adequate moisture. Yet to see if this breaks me out - will update after a few weeks. If this does not break me out or clog my pores it will be my new holy grail moisturiser !

on 8/31/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

THIS IS MY NO.1 MOISTURIZER! I have been using this cream for over 4 years and I still love it! My skin was becoming really dry and sensitive during cold winter time, and this cream is really amazing for that purpose. At first I thought that it is pretty heavy and hard to apply but I learned to wet my fingers in hot water before, rub a small pea size cream between fingers and apply a thin layer with my fingertips in a patting way.This way it works the best. Next day my skin looks amazing, moisturized, even skin tone, no redness at all. And my skin is very sensitive, breaks out easily (from different creams, foundations, etc).
Pros:
- Moisturizes very well
- Nice rose scent
- Great for night time but I love it during day time too
- Does not break out sensitive or acne-prone skin (amazing! This is the best part!)
- Organic, natural product
Cons:
- Takes few min to sink in if applied too much
- Can be too heavy for humid summers like in Florida (if you have oily skin type)
- Expensive (I buy from Whole Foods when on sale for $34, otheriwise $42). But worth it! I have bought it more than 6 times already! I buy a bunch when on sale.
----------------------------
NOTE (Sep/2014): I just learned that Jennifer Lopez uses this for years, and prefers over La Mer. I was re-purchasing it for 5th time or so and the sales person asked me if I'm buying it because of J.Lo? I was like 'What?" And then she explained that J.Lo and other celebrities loves it and many people come buying this cream.
---------------------------
UPDATE (Aug/2015): I have been trying another moisturizer (Eucerin) when looking for something lighter for summer. I have to say that I got breakouts just after few days of using Eucerin cream. I immediately went back to Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream and my face came back to normal - all breakouts gone (with help of Manuka honey and lemon). Now I am using Rose Day cream and my skin is beautiful! Exercise helped, as well.

on 6/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

I started getting really dry patches on my cheeks with redness and some acne, so I decided to try the whole Dr. H line including this cream. I really love the smell of this cream and I really want to love it. Its okay so far. Not life altering, but my skin has become less red. Not quite as moisturizing as I would have liked. If you really want the full effect you need to use more than a pea size amount.

Update: 10/30/2015
Have stopped using this cream and the whole line altogether as it gave me a rash on my cheeks. Must be the fragrance.

Gave me pimples, enlarged pores and very oily skin. I guess it will be suitable for very dry skin. Also notice the second ingredient is alcohol. Definitely not repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this in the winter months for the past eight years (changing it up with Embryolaisse from time to time.) It smells beautiful and natural and I feel that it protects my skin whether I'm in dry, over-heated apartment or offices, or outside in the cold. I have sensitive skin, but neither this cream nor the light version have ever caused me to have an allergic reaction.

I gave it four lippies for the price because it is a premium product made with high quality ingredients and its pricing is in line with premium brand/department store creams. That said, I think it's insanely marked up in the US, which is a shame because if it were reasonably priced, people would be able to experiment and try out all of this brand's amazing products. I started using it while living in Europe where it's around EUR 29, and had the pleasure of trying a bunch of the line without it breaking the bank. Now, I just stock up when I'm in Europe or have friends bring it over for me from Germany

on 2/22/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

love it love it love it. I use a lot of different brands. In winter retinol products in summer vitamin c products always different brands. The only product I always have at home is rose cream from dr hauschka. I love this product specally in winter, it is perfect for my very dry skin and it smells very nice. I used many products from dr hauschka and I all loved them. The only bad thing about this brand is the price...