Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream
Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing CreamActive Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

4.5

Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (Oat), Ceramide 3, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (Oat), Methylparaben, Steareth 20, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Chloride

on 10/23/2016 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had eczema ever since I was a baby, so looking for the right moisturizer to keep flaky skin soothed, itch-free and hydrated has been a life long search. This product has been my favorite BY FAR. I've been using this for about 3 years. My back and shoulders flare up with severe rashes in the summer time due to the heat, and in the winter it gets super dry, itchy and scaly if I don't apply this cream after a shower while my skin is still wet. I've tried the Cetaphil lotion and cream, but they both weren't as effective as the Aveeno one. The redness and bumps are significantly reduced in the morning, and the itchiness goes away so I don't scratch. It's scent-free, and the hydration lasts throughout the day, so I don't have to reapply. Very happy with this product.

Wonderful cream for sensitive skin like mine. Everything irritates me and makes me break out, not this. Soothing, moisturizing, softening....just awesome cream all around.

Best cream I've found for KP. Doesn't feel greasy after applying and dries out very fast. Soothes my bumps and redness. Only moisturizing face cream I can apply to my eyelids without the burning sensation. If you want a cheaper and similar lotion try suave's advanced therapy body lotion (though I would prefer this one over it)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got a sample of this at my dermatologist's office and decided to try it out on my face since I have been loving my oatmeal face masks to sooth my acne-prone skin. This is a lightweight gel-type texture moisturizer that doesn't feel heavy, yet really gets deep down into your skin to hydrate it. It looks wonderful under makeup and helps soothe any redness or irritation. I will be picking up a full bottle of this one soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After knowing dimethicone can cause acne, I would not put this lotion on my face. But it is still a good lotion

on 3/6/2016 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've had eczema since I was 7 and this is the best cream i've tried by far! Suffer from outbreaks usually once in a while and this calms and moisturizes SOSO well. Brings my face back to normal in usually a couple of days. Also gets rid of dryness, but you do need to reapply during the winter

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've only used this for a week now, but I must say I am extremely impressed. I'll come back and update this review if my opinion changes, however I am pretty sure this is the perfect moisturizer for me. I've struggled with constant eczema on my face for over a month now (which I believe is accutane-induced), and have been using steroid creams for about a month in attempt to control it. I have used a steroid cream daily (horrible, I know!), and was desperate for an alternative as I knew I simply could not continue to use steroid creams as they will thin and damage your delicate facial skin with long-term use. I was skeptical at first, but after using some regular aveeno on my hands to clear up some hand eczema (worked like a charm!) I thought "hey, this will probably work on my face too!". I knew aveeno carried an "eczema care" line, and went out immediately to buy this moisturizer. I've used it night and day for about a week now, and I must say its doing just as good of a job, if not better, of controlling and healing the eczema on my face. It hasn't caused me to breakout, is very gentle and non-irritating, and is actually quite soothing and almost cooling on the skin. My facial skin has been red, angry, dry, dehydrated, and itchy beyond belief. I've had to wear concealer in order to cover it up in order to be able to go out in public and to go to work, which I know is not helping things. My skin needs to breathe and I feel like this cream (actually feels more like a gel/lightweight lotion) has really breathed new life into my skin and had given it a chance to repair itself. The lotion is lightweight and absorbs pretty well, but I do use a lot as my skin is very dry, so it leaves it a little bit sticky feeling. I am okay with this though, because I think it's just because I use a lot of it lol. If you're struggling with eczema, especially on your face, I highly recommend this! I tried Cetaphil, Cerave, all-natural products, rosehip oil, steroid creams, and none of these things worked. I felt like they only made things worse. This lotion has been an absolute godsend! My skin isn't perfect, but I think with continued use this will bring my skin back to being good as new :)

on 12/16/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I developed extremely painful dry skin under my eyes and on my eyelids recently that nothing helped with! I bought some expensive eye creams and different moisturizers but nothing. After chucking my new concealer out the window thinking it was contributing to the dryness I saw some pictures of eczema. I have never been diagnosed with eczema but it sure did look like what was on my eyes. Within seconds of putting this product on my skin I felt better. It was hydrated and not painful. Within 2 days of applying this cream 3x a day my eyes looks great and better than before! I don't know if this is marketed for your face or eye area but I was in need of something to work! This saved me. You do not need a lot of product! This tube will probably last me seriously years, I don't think I will run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't waste your money on this. I have no idea why this has such good reviews. This only temporarily relieves itching from eczema. This cream is almost like a gel, it is not moisturizing at all and I had to reapply within the hour. It temporarily relives itching, but did not improve my eczema and did not moisturize. Also this is way overpriced. I have yet to find a good product from Aveeno. If you are struggling with dry skin and eczema try the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, it is life changing!

on 6/15/2015 8:03:00 PM

Steroid Free & Fragrance Free Eczema Relief

First off, if you've been suffering from eczema related problems and using topical steroids to hold it at bay, stop now before it's too late.

For the last four months I've been using doctor prescribed topical steroids for my face (every two weeks for 2-3 days at a stretch) - which had become very sensitive to climate and water changes. I only have an extremely unwise 4 month long flirtation with Retin A to thank for this but back to the product at hand...

I'd started with Class 1 Steroids and moved my way down to Class 4 steroids but I realized that each and every one of the samples I received came with the same warnings about steroid overuse. After reading up on the longlasting effects of topical steroid overuse (thinning of skin, rebound effect) I'd been looking for a steroid free alternative to my problems but let's face it, it's pretty scary trying a new product even if you've read all the (mostly) positive reviews. On a recent trip to MD, my skin broke out in rashes so badly that I took the plunge and tried this cream out.

Results: Granted this is a steroid free product so the progress was relatively slow but on the first day the inflammation came down enough for me to apply cover for a get together in the evening. It's now been two days and my skin is about 75% recovered and I'm so glad I didn't turn to steroids to fix this - Believe me the allure of using topical steroids is a serious siren song especially if you want results fast but it's honestly a slippery slope - I'd gone from one application every other month, to every month, and then every two weeks within a few months and it was pretty scary.

Application: A little goes a long way, my skin is pretty dry at the moment but this cream is very moisturizing. It does NOT play well with physical sunscreens though and tends to pill if you try to layer them so for the time being I've resorted to using my pressed powder SPF till my skin calms down.

Care: I've read on some boards that on rare occasions some people may be allergic to colloidal oatmeal (an ingredient that Eucerin also uses in their eczema therapy relief cream) so before using, do a small patch test (I tried this on my hairline and jawline) before covering your entire face :)