Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream
Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing CreamActive Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

4.5

Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (Oat), Ceramide 3, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (Oat), Methylparaben, Steareth 20, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Chloride

on 4/25/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't have eczema, but I get itchy skin, especially in drier months. I decided to try Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream based on the great reviews, and to be honest, I was not bowled over. The texture is quite thick and creamy, and stays slippery long enough to thoroughly spread onto skin without rubbing, which is great, especially for sensitive skin. The formula is fragrance-free and contains 1% colloidal oatmeal, which supposedly calms irritated skin. It does take several minutes to "set" to a non-greasy finish, and when it does, It has a very heavy feeling with a lot of "drag" that is great for holding up my socks (when applied to lower legs).

The product's performance as a barrier cream is top-notch, with superior longevity--when I apply after my morning shower, it stays put until the next day. However, feeling the dried lotion coated on my skin is not the most comfortable, so those looking for a light and silky product are likely to be disappointed. For me, the lotion really falls short in terms of moisturizing and relieving itch, the main reasons I bought it. If I skip one day of applying it, my skin doesn't retain any moisturizing benefits from the previous day(s). Not only does it NOT completely relieve itch, it sometimes makes the itching worse. As far as this cream potentially helping skin that is already irritated--forget it. I had a rash and tried applying this product to promote healing. It did nothing for the rash, and if anything, was slightly more irritating than expected. Another nit is that the packaging is quite inconvenient for handling with slippery hands. The CVS knock-off has a pump dispenser, which is much more workable when applying the product to large areas.

It is unlikely that I will repurchase this product unless I'm in a situation where I need its nearly bulletproof barrier-forming properties. Even so, I think its lack of versatility will require layering over something that is better at providing moisture and skin-healing. In that sense, it is not the best value for those in search of a daily all-around lotion.

on 10/23/2016 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had eczema ever since I was a baby, so looking for the right moisturizer to keep flaky skin soothed, itch-free and hydrated has been a life long search. This product has been my favorite BY FAR. I've been using this for about 3 years. My back and shoulders flare up with severe rashes in the summer time due to the heat, and in the winter it gets super dry, itchy and scaly if I don't apply this cream after a shower while my skin is still wet. I've tried the Cetaphil lotion and cream, but they both weren't as effective as the Aveeno one. The redness and bumps are significantly reduced in the morning, and the itchiness goes away so I don't scratch. It's scent-free, and the hydration lasts throughout the day, so I don't have to reapply. Very happy with this product.

Wonderful cream for sensitive skin like mine. Everything irritates me and makes me break out, not this. Soothing, moisturizing, softening....just awesome cream all around.

Best cream I've found for KP. Doesn't feel greasy after applying and dries out very fast. Soothes my bumps and redness. Only moisturizing face cream I can apply to my eyelids without the burning sensation. If you want a cheaper and similar lotion try suave's advanced therapy body lotion (though I would prefer this one over it)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got a sample of this at my dermatologist's office and decided to try it out on my face since I have been loving my oatmeal face masks to sooth my acne-prone skin. This is a lightweight gel-type texture moisturizer that doesn't feel heavy, yet really gets deep down into your skin to hydrate it. It looks wonderful under makeup and helps soothe any redness or irritation. I will be picking up a full bottle of this one soon.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After knowing dimethicone can cause acne, I would not put this lotion on my face. But it is still a good lotion

on 3/6/2016 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've had eczema since I was 7 and this is the best cream i've tried by far! Suffer from outbreaks usually once in a while and this calms and moisturizes SOSO well. Brings my face back to normal in usually a couple of days. Also gets rid of dryness, but you do need to reapply during the winter

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've only used this for a week now, but I must say I am extremely impressed. I'll come back and update this review if my opinion changes, however I am pretty sure this is the perfect moisturizer for me. I've struggled with constant eczema on my face for over a month now (which I believe is accutane-induced), and have been using steroid creams for about a month in attempt to control it. I have used a steroid cream daily (horrible, I know!), and was desperate for an alternative as I knew I simply could not continue to use steroid creams as they will thin and damage your delicate facial skin with long-term use. I was skeptical at first, but after using some regular aveeno on my hands to clear up some hand eczema (worked like a charm!) I thought "hey, this will probably work on my face too!". I knew aveeno carried an "eczema care" line, and went out immediately to buy this moisturizer. I've used it night and day for about a week now, and I must say its doing just as good of a job, if not better, of controlling and healing the eczema on my face. It hasn't caused me to breakout, is very gentle and non-irritating, and is actually quite soothing and almost cooling on the skin. My facial skin has been red, angry, dry, dehydrated, and itchy beyond belief. I've had to wear concealer in order to cover it up in order to be able to go out in public and to go to work, which I know is not helping things. My skin needs to breathe and I feel like this cream (actually feels more like a gel/lightweight lotion) has really breathed new life into my skin and had given it a chance to repair itself. The lotion is lightweight and absorbs pretty well, but I do use a lot as my skin is very dry, so it leaves it a little bit sticky feeling. I am okay with this though, because I think it's just because I use a lot of it lol. If you're struggling with eczema, especially on your face, I highly recommend this! I tried Cetaphil, Cerave, all-natural products, rosehip oil, steroid creams, and none of these things worked. I felt like they only made things worse. This lotion has been an absolute godsend! My skin isn't perfect, but I think with continued use this will bring my skin back to being good as new :)

on 12/16/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I developed extremely painful dry skin under my eyes and on my eyelids recently that nothing helped with! I bought some expensive eye creams and different moisturizers but nothing. After chucking my new concealer out the window thinking it was contributing to the dryness I saw some pictures of eczema. I have never been diagnosed with eczema but it sure did look like what was on my eyes. Within seconds of putting this product on my skin I felt better. It was hydrated and not painful. Within 2 days of applying this cream 3x a day my eyes looks great and better than before! I don't know if this is marketed for your face or eye area but I was in need of something to work! This saved me. You do not need a lot of product! This tube will probably last me seriously years, I don't think I will run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't waste your money on this. I have no idea why this has such good reviews. This only temporarily relieves itching from eczema. This cream is almost like a gel, it is not moisturizing at all and I had to reapply within the hour. It temporarily relives itching, but did not improve my eczema and did not moisturize. Also this is way overpriced. I have yet to find a good product from Aveeno. If you are struggling with dry skin and eczema try the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, it is life changing!