Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

4.5

NET WT. 0.08 g / 0.002 Oz. HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL/HYDROGENATED GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL/HYDROGENATED HUILE VEGETALE, ZINC STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I naturally have pretty full brows, but my tail ends could do with some filling in. I’m not looking for an extreme Instagram brow, but just some filling in and reshaping.

PROS:
-comes in many shades that even fit my really dark brows
-has a spoolie that WORKS
-retractable pencil end that doesn’t require sharpening
-both of the caps are the same so I’ll never mistake one with another
-the brow pencil is easy to glide on
-easily blendable

CONS:
-the price literally the only thing.

I absolutely loved this product and will definitely be repurchasing. I purchased mine from Sephora when I was looking for a brow pencil and intended to buy Benefit’s Precisely, My Brow, but since I was unable to find a match, I purchased this instead. I had no idea I would enjoy this product so much!!

I have the shade Medium Brown and this shade works really well for me. For reference I have light skin (NC20) and dark brown hair. I love the formula of the mechanical pencil because it's not too waxy not too dry and it's pigmented enough. NYX micro brow is similar in terms of formula but I can't find an exact dupe for the shade Medium Brown. I also have the brow pencil by Anastasia in the exact same shade but I find that Brow Wiz gives a more precise application.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I adore this! I have had every hair color under the sun, and finding eyebrow pencils to match them was easy, until I grew out to my natural color. All dirty blonde pencils were either too yellow, too brown, too grey, too waxy or patchy or smeared too much. I recieved a sample of this in an Ulta order before Christmas and just finished it today. I had become so accustomed to the simplicity and convenience of it, that I just had to buy the full size. It LOOKS SO NATURAL!!!! I look like I actually have naturally full brows. No other brow pencil has looked so natural to me, and been so smudge proof. It's easy to use, a very slender tip that gives a hair-stroke look. It's not so opaque that your brows look drawn on with a marker. It is worth every penny. At my age it is about looking natural and doing it on a budget and quickly. This pencil lasts and lasts. I'd try it, you will love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the longest time (about 15 years) I was attached to a Clinique Superfine brow pencil in 002 Soft Brown. The color was a perfect match, the pencil had a fine tip, and didn't mind too much the absence of the spooley. Then, despite not having a perfect shade match I pushed myself to buy a Broz Wiz to get to know what the fuzz is about. I've bought Medium Brown that is a bit too dark for my complexion and the Soft Brown that is too warm for me. (Taupe was a way too green)
Wow! I wish I've done that sooner. This is the first ever pencil that I've used that doesn't leave visible strokes and looks natural without almost any efforts on my part. Going over the pencil with the spooley blends it to perfection.
I wish they had an exact dupe shade for a Clinic - a cool light brown. But even without the perfect shade match, there is no going back to Clinique. The tip of Anastasia's pencil is thinner, it's is easy to check how much of the product left (Clinique only goes up and doesn't go down), and the spooley makes everything better.
The downside of this pencil apart from not having the right shade is the fact that it does smudges pretty easily and doesn't stay perfect all day. My sparse brows require touch-ups. I will not repurchase, but I'll have a look at another Anastasia products.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

LOVE IT! Perfect consistency, great hold, great construction with the screw-up tip. I still haven't used the brush since I always use Maybelline Brow Precise on top. I will continue buying this for all eternity. Right now I use Ebony, but I might wanna go lighter for summer! I'll try it out ^.^

on 5/4/2017 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Brow perfection. The texture this brow pencil imparts looks so soft and natural. Application is quick and easy.

Previously, I used hairspray sprayed on a brow brush, followed by Maybelline Tough As Taupe cream eyeshadow applied with an angled brush. I've replaced all that with this pencil spoolie combo - and the end result is far superior.

I'm very fair (Mac NC20, Porcelain in Bobbi Brown) with dark eyes and hair, and the Ebony shade looks perfect on my naturally soft black brows.

HIGHLY recommended product.

on 5/2/2017 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I swear by this product. I have repurchased it many times and will continue to do so. It is the best brow product by far. It's better than Benefit's Ka-BROW! Eyebrow Cream-Gel and Goof Poof Eyebrow Pencil. There is a variety of shades so you can find your exact color. The packaging is very convenient as well: one side is the pencil and the other side is the brush. Works very well when used with the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. Definitely must buy!

on 12/19/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really handy brow product and the one I reach for most frequently as well as when I'm in a rush and don't have time for brow powder, pen, etc. Yes, it's on the small side in terms of product provided for what you pay for but I suck it up because it's just goof proof. There's no need to sharpen, the nib is tiny enough to replicate the look of small hairs and it isn't over pigmented and harsh looking. The spoolie attached to the other end of the pen is good quality - I typically brush up my brow hairs with it first, just to get an idea of what shape is realistically achievable, fill in and then brush through again with the spoolie to distribute the product and soften the look. Despite the dark colour I use (Granite), the pigment goes on quite soft and I would have to spend some time to get my brows looking cartoonish. This also leaves behind a slightly waxy film in your brows so brow powders will adhere better than they would on bare brows. Concentrate colour in the arch of your brow and define the area extending to the tail. Use this as a shaper and definer rather than a brow filler for bare spots. Use a lighter hand in the first half of your brows to avoid a heavy look.

Choosing a shade is tough only because there are so many options. I have very dark brown hair with natural coppery highlights (I'm mixed race - my mother is East Asian and my father is white) and pale n15 skin. If I wanted to replicate the hair on my head, it might make sense to go for a colour like Dark Brown or Ebony since they have warm undertones - right? Wrong. Although my hair has warm highlights, my skin is cool (I have blue-purple veins, etc) and my eyebrows don't have any redishness in them. I found that Dark Brown and Ebony both looked very fake on me, obviously drawn on and just "off". I switched to Granite, which is a dark slate grey and it's a perfect match. As the Brow Wiz does not come in Ash Gray at the time being, I think dark haired people may want to stick to Granite. (In the brow powder, Ash Gray also works on me - a little softer than Granite but similarly cool undertones). My personal opinion is that almost all of us look better with cooler toned brows than warm ones, regardless of your colouring. The other rule of thumb would be for those us on the dark haired spectrum to use an ashy, lighter colour than our brows while fair haired people may benefit from a more defined shade of taupe.

I have repurchased this product more times than I can keep track of and will continue to rebuy it. I buy mine from Cult Beauty as it is cheaper on there since CB removes 20% VAT on foreign exported goods.

Grade: A

on 10/30/2016 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a product that actually lived up to the hype for me. The packaging makes it super easy to apply quickly and precisely and the color selection allows everyone to get a good match. I would recommend picking this out in store because I would have likely selected the wrong color based on the swatches available online. I have medium brown hair but needed the dark brown brow wiz.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I've had a desire to fill in my brows but could never seem to get it right. I'm a natural redhead and most of the "red" shades I've found are either too orange, too brown, too easy to apply harshly... No matter what product I used it always clashed. Finally I tried this out in auburn at Ulta. It was perfect. My blonde eyebrows had color to them! They looked natural! Best of all, it wasn't too difficult to control how saturated I wanted the color. I've accidentally pressed a little too hard a few times and it evens out once I use the spoolie. When I received this for my birthday I was thrilled. I've used it regularly since.

As much as I love this product, though, I did have to deduct a lippie. The main reason isn't for the product itself but the packaging. The long, thin barrel feels flimsy and fragile, like if I accidentally hold it a little too firmly that it'll snap in my hand. The product itself also seems to break easily. I've used testers that were difficult to impossible to close properly because the product broke in the barrel. I haven't had it happen to me- yet- but it makes me wary of what could happen if I accidentally dropped it on a hard surface from a not-so-great distance. Nevertheless I adore this and definitely plan on repurchasing. I'm so happy that I finally found a brow product that works for me.