Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

4.5

NET WT. 0.08 g / 0.002 Oz. HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL/HYDROGENATED GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL/HYDROGENATED HUILE VEGETALE, ZINC STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really excited to use this when I first bought it, and I ended up being really disappointed. The pencil breaks so easily, and you have to make sure you don't buy one that is already broken. It's kind of ridiculous that for $21, you get a pencil that could break with the slightest touch. I really liked the spoolie on the side, which I still use to this day. The shade was good for my brows, but the formula is too dry for me. Sadly, I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 1/12/2017 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! It stays all day, even with my incredibly oily skin, and I overdraw my brows a bit, but none of it moves. I love it and I definitely recommend it for oily skin. It's great for making your brows look natural or a little more defined. So pleased! The price is a tad high, but it's worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I gotta say, this is by far the best brow pencil I have worn in a long time...my brows and I have had quite the on/off relationship. The color is great (I swear by the shade Carmel) and the the consistency is off the charts amazing. This woman knows how to make a darn near perfect brow pencil. It's not too hard and not too soft (I'm looking at you, MAC, grrrrr), its just the right kind of product of what a brow pencil should be. The shade stays true all day, and even though it wipes off easily, you barely even notice a smudge. NOT to mention the pencil is thin and the the tip is the right size to make mock hairs, find the perfect shape or create the perfect arch. This pencil is so popular in my city, I literally have to reserve to buy it every time I run out! NO JOKE.

I would strongly recommend this pencil to the gals with sparse eyebrows especially because it will not make your brows look heavy or artificial. I can vouch for that because I have sparse brows myself; and to the ones who are blessed with full brows, it's good for touch ups as well.

While the price is a little on the spendy side, it's still a great splurge, and the product is beyond amazing! I would purchase again and again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product, great color range but there are less expensive pencils that perform just as good. Nothing negative to say, but why pay more when you don't have to.

on 6/27/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is a great brow pencil. I have been using it for five months daily, and I am happy with how my brows look when I use this product. It's extremely easy to use. I have very thick brows that have a few sparse areas to them, and this fills those spots in perfectly and the look is very natural. My brows are almost black and I used the Dark Brown shade. I was nervous that the look may be too dramatic when filling in my brows, but this product makes them look completely natural. The spoolie brush at the other end is also so helpful to use. The only issue I have with this (and this the case with any retractable pencil) is that it's not possible to tell when the product will be done. It just finished for me all of a sudden and now I have to run out to by a new one before I can go out!

on 6/24/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I never used to really put much effort into doing my eyebrows because I've always shaped them well enough to go without any makeup and considering how long it takes me to get ready, I just didn't want to bother taking the extra time to fuss with them if I could get away without wearing anything. With recent trends making eyebrows the big focus, I actually didn't realize how much I was missing out on in the eyebrow department. With already nicely shaped eyebrows, I was only one step away from having perfect eyebrows so I started to experiment with different eyebrow makeup. I first started with powders and while the look was very natural, it didn't really add that extra "oomph" I knew I could have. Everyone started raving about the dip brow pomade and I found it to be too high maintenance for me as the wax would roll up into balls, making it harder to apply them smoothly. I found that it was just taking too much time to do my brows and I didn't want to have to spend more time than I needed to. Then I continued my search and came upon Brow Wiz in Sephora. I was quite pleased at how much easier it was to draw the shape of my eyebrows and fill them in without looking overdone or fake. The soft brown is a perfect match to my hairs so it blends so perfect that the extra makeup looks like my very own. The pencil has a soft gel-like formula so it doesn't go on overwhelmingly if you happen to use a heavy hand. If it does go on heavy, it can be blended out and softened with the spooly brush on the other end. The best part about this pencil besides the nice and natural looking result, it takes me less than a minute to draw, fill in and brush out. It used to take me 10 minutes with dip brow pomade and 5 with other pencils because most of that time was trying not to overdo it and then having to blend it out. The Brow Wiz goes on with just the right amount so less needs to get blended out. Doing my eyebrows is now my favourite part of my makeup routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The pigmentation and longevity of the browwiz is on point. I would only wish more a large variety of shades and undertones as well as a decrease in price. Personally, I feel like a majority of brow products give a similar effect, and the price for this in comparison to something drug store is kind of steep. I also find the spoolie on the end of the browwiz to be kind of sharp and painful, but overall I think it is a very good product and worth giving a try if you're truly interested in it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very sparse, thin brows and they need quite a bit of help. Thanks to Brow Wiz, it doesn't take as much effort to fill them in! I love the colour selection, and the super thin pencil applicator. It makes my brows look so natural, and not drawn on. Since the pencil is so thin, it is easy to make fine hair-like strokes to make your brows look completely natural. The price tag is a bit high, but I think it is worth it. Another bonus is - you don't have to sharpen the pencil.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Omg. I'm in love. I have the promade and I love it but it takes me 8 minutes to do both my brows. With the pencil it gives me a natural brow in 4.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rely heavily on filling my brows to obtain insta-hotness. I've had a long-term love affair with MUFE Aqua Brow. It definitely was smudgeproof, and it actually had a brown-black color that is really hard to find. Over the years that I've used it though, I realized that it was difficult to make my brows look natural with it and it didn't add much dimension to my sparse brows.

I decided to try Brow Wiz as a replacement. I can say I ADORE this product. I've used other brow pencils in the past (NYX, Rimmel, Wet n Wild). The Anastasia has a considerably firmer texture than the ones I've mentioned. I find that this gives you more control with how light/dark you want to fill your brows in. Also, I think that this is a great choice with those with oilier skin. Waxy brow pencils AND the MUFE tend to give me the "sweaty" brow look that is not cute IMO. I always prime my brows with eyeshadow primer, and I didn't see that this pencil had any trouble holding up. It also has a really fine tip that allows me to get crisp, clean lines ... especially at the bottom border of my brows where I like to draw my arch (drawing in at the top border looks more unnatural to me). I don't really use the spoolie that much, but it is nice to have especially when I go too heavy with the inner corner. The last selling point for me is that I can do my brows pretty fast with this pencil; whereas I really had to take my time with the MUFE. Priming + drawing in + setting with the Tinted Brow Gel takes me less than 2 minutes.

The color range is definitely something to write home about. MUFE does have more options (8), but many other lines would have 4-5 max. Anastasia offers 7 options, and I would say that there are 3 options for those with black hair depending on your taste. Brunette/Dark Brown works for those who prefer warmer toned brows, Ebony (which I use) is pretty neutral, and Granite is cooler-toned. For reference, I switched from MUFE Aqua Brow in #40. I would guess #35 = Granite, and #30 = Brunette/Dark Brown.

Natural is definitely the name of the game with this product. My mom tends to be brutally honest about my makeup. Ever since I've been using this product, she's been genuinely complimenting my brows. The guy I am seeing now is pretty damn good at spotting things like bronzer, highlighting, and fake lashes. I finally told him that I feel like I'm nothing without my brows, which he replied that he couldn't tell that I fill mine in. Those comments make this product a SCORE for me!

Despite its greatness, I do find that the pencil is pretty pricey for what it is. I've played with other higher end brow pencils as well. I really do feel like this is on a (higher) league of its own. Until I find a suitable replacement, I will stick with Anastasia.