Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

4.3

NET WT. 0.08 g / 0.002 Oz. HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL/HYDROGENATED GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL/HYDROGENATED HUILE VEGETALE, ZINC STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I rely heavily on filling my brows to obtain insta-hotness. I've had a long-term love affair with MUFE Aqua Brow. It definitely was smudgeproof, and it actually had a brown-black color that is really hard to find. Over the years that I've used it though, I realized that it was difficult to make my brows look natural with it and it didn't add much dimension to my sparse brows.

I decided to try Brow Wiz as a replacement. I can say I ADORE this product. I've used other brow pencils in the past (NYX, Rimmel, Wet n Wild). The Anastasia has a considerably firmer texture than the ones I've mentioned. I find that this gives you more control with how light/dark you want to fill your brows in. Also, I think that this is a great choice with those with oilier skin. Waxy brow pencils AND the MUFE tend to give me the "sweaty" brow look that is not cute IMO. I always prime my brows with eyeshadow primer, and I didn't see that this pencil had any trouble holding up. It also has a really fine tip that allows me to get crisp, clean lines ... especially at the bottom border of my brows where I like to draw my arch (drawing in at the top border looks more unnatural to me). I don't really use the spoolie that much, but it is nice to have especially when I go too heavy with the inner corner. The last selling point for me is that I can do my brows pretty fast with this pencil; whereas I really had to take my time with the MUFE. Priming + drawing in + setting with the Tinted Brow Gel takes me less than 2 minutes.

The color range is definitely something to write home about. MUFE does have more options (8), but many other lines would have 4-5 max. Anastasia offers 7 options, and I would say that there are 3 options for those with black hair depending on your taste. Brunette/Dark Brown works for those who prefer warmer toned brows, Ebony (which I use) is pretty neutral, and Granite is cooler-toned. For reference, I switched from MUFE Aqua Brow in #40. I would guess #35 = Granite, and #30 = Brunette/Dark Brown.

Natural is definitely the name of the game with this product. My mom tends to be brutally honest about my makeup. Ever since I've been using this product, she's been genuinely complimenting my brows. The guy I am seeing now is pretty damn good at spotting things like bronzer, highlighting, and fake lashes. I finally told him that I feel like I'm nothing without my brows, which he replied that he couldn't tell that I fill mine in. Those comments make this product a SCORE for me!

Despite its greatness, I do find that the pencil is pretty pricey for what it is. I've played with other higher end brow pencils as well. I really do feel like this is on a (higher) league of its own. Until I find a suitable replacement, I will stick with Anastasia.

This product is my baby. I am a huge fan of natural looking eyebrows, and this brow pencil allows me to achieve just that. The pencil is so thin, giving you the ability to draw realistic looking "hairs" to fill in your brows without looking like you just colored them in with a crayon! Also it's very pigmented. You don't have to push hard or go over the same area twice. I had yet to find a brow pencil that could accomplish this before I tried the Brow Whiz.

The spoolie is tops. It doesn't tug at your hairs. It doesn't separate them and make them all crazy. Just combs them down. You would think this simple task wouldn't be hard to accomplish...but believe me, other spoolies don't compare.

As thin as this pencil is, and as clumsy as I am, and as much as this thing has been dropped, I still have yet to break the lead. This has totally impressed me. Definitely a durable product.

I am convinced this is the best brow product you can buy, and it has officially become my HG. The only reason I took off a lippy is the price...I am totally a budget buyer. I'll admit it. And I don't make much money. AND I go through Brow Whizzes so quickly. I can't justify buying them so often. I usually just get the NYX dupe, which works pretty good but doesn't hold a candle to this one. If it wasn't so expensive...and if I didn't go through them so fast, Brow Whiz would have five stars for sure.

If you love a natural looking brow and an easy to use, excellent quality product, look no further ladies.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

UGHH this is so expensive but screw you Anastasia for being soo good to me. Actually no, I take that back. THANK YOU for FINALLY catering to us Asians with grey brows. My Asian sistahs, if you have light grey brows, go for GRANITE, it is PERFECT. I originally had purchased this in Medium Ash and while it was an okay match (less red and brown undertones) it still didn't look quite right in natural light. I love how thin the tip is and how easy it is to build up.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

There are brow pencils, and there are Brow Pencils.
I've been using this pencil for almost three years now and I'll continue to repurchase it for a long time to come. What hooked me to it was it's lasting power.
Most brow pencils run down my eyelid within 4 hours of wear, or are easily smudged when I carelessly wipe my brow with the back of my hand. Brow Wiz doesn't run anywhere. It is a friend through good days and harsh days.
It is a little harder/waxier than, let's say Maybelline Define-a-Brow, but it is still easy to apply. It is also super skinny which allows me to fill in my brow in the softest, lightest strokes possible so I don't look like I fill in my eyebrows at all. It is on the expensive side but mine last between 7 to 9 months if I use it 3 to 4 times per week.
I rarely give a high end product Holy Grail status simply because I'm hard up on money more often than not. If I could afford only 4 makeup items for the rest of my life (or even until the end of the year) they would be 1- foundation, 2-powder, 3-mascara, 4- Anastasia Brow Wiz. Simple as that.

on 1/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like the product, but I can't get over the fact that this $20 pencil only lasted me a month. Way too much money for the miniscule amount of product inside.

Switched over to the regular Anastasia pencil and getting the same results

on 7/29/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Out of all the ultra fine brow pencils I own/owned, this is my favorite one and currently HG. My hair is medium brown and my brows are soft black. I have had the hardest time finding a pencil that isn't too warm in tone or too dark and most of the pencils I have used always had these issues. The Anastasia Brow Wiz in medium ash is a cool toned medium brown that's just perfect for my brows and looks extremely natural without the reddish tones that most pencils have. It's also the only pencil that's small enough in diameter to allow me to draw realistic looking hairlike strokes.

My brows are already thick so I don't use the pencil on the whole brows. Instead I only use them to extend the tails and to fill in occasional gaps in them. The tail parts are the hardest (for me) to draw hairlike strokes without looking unnatural but this pencil allows me to do so and the results look like real hairs. The product itself isn't too creamy nor too dry. To me it's just the right consistency. Application is easy without tugging or dragging on the skin but doesn't deposit too much product either. In fact I found it almost impossible to put too much on even with a heavy hand. The pencil is retractable with no sharpening required and has a spoolie on the other end to blend the product out. Doesn't smudge nor fade and lasts all day from morning until I take it off, even on my oily complexion. In short, it's the best I have used so far.

How the Anastasia Brow Wiz compares to other brow pencils I own: Almost one shade lighter than MAC Stud and the same shade but cooler in tone than MAC Spiked. It's also less creamy and finer in diameter. Same shade as Tarte Emphaseyes in medium brown but slightly cooler in tone, smaller in diameter and not as creamy. A bit darker but the same tone as the DiorShow Universal brow pencil but easier to apply. Although the pencil is the same diameter, I find the DiorShow to be too dry, making application a bit difficult. The same shade as Sephora's brow pencil in Midnight Brown but the Sephora one is slightly warmer in tone. The pencil diameter is almost the same but the Anastasia is easier to apply.

Overall, it's the best $20 I've spent on a brow pencil and I will repurchase when I run out.

Well, they finally got it just right. Excellent packaging, no need to sharpen, and the spoolie on the end is great for blending. I used to use MAC Fling, but it was a touch too yellow for my ashy hair color, and I hated the way the lead constantly broke. Anastasia's Brow Wiz has improved upon that with a slightly harder formula that resists breaking. (I should note, though, that my blond pencil broke once. I put the lead back in and it worked fine, except that it was prone to falling out. Now I use Medium Ash and the lead hasn't broken yet.) Medium Ash is such a superb color; it works for dark ash browns all the way up to light blondes. It's neither too yellow nor too red, and looks more natural than pencils that avoid the yellow/red trap by using too much grey. I use MAC Beguile Brow Set over it when I want to darken a touch, and Sophisticated when I want to lighten a touch. Brow Wiz in Medium Ash is a must-try if you have hair like mine (light brown with blonde highlights).

on 12/19/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really handy brow product and the one I reach for most frequently as well as when I'm in a rush and don't have time for brow powder, pen, etc. Yes, it's on the small side in terms of product provided for what you pay for but I suck it up because it's just goof proof. There's no need to sharpen, the nib is tiny enough to replicate the look of small hairs and it isn't over pigmented and harsh looking. The spoolie attached to the other end of the pen is good quality - I typically brush up my brow hairs with it first, just to get an idea of what shape is realistically achievable, fill in and then brush through again with the spoolie to distribute the product and soften the look. Despite the dark colour I use (Granite), the pigment goes on quite soft and I would have to spend some time to get my brows looking cartoonish. This also leaves behind a slightly waxy film in your brows so brow powders will adhere better than they would on bare brows. Concentrate colour in the arch of your brow and define the area extending to the tail. Use this as a shaper and definer rather than a brow filler for bare spots. Use a lighter hand in the first half of your brows to avoid a heavy look.

Choosing a shade is tough only because there are so many options. I have very dark brown hair with natural coppery highlights (I'm mixed race - my mother is East Asian and my father is white) and pale n15 skin. If I wanted to replicate the hair on my head, it might make sense to go for a colour like Dark Brown or Ebony since they have warm undertones - right? Wrong. Although my hair has warm highlights, my skin is cool (I have blue-purple veins, etc) and my eyebrows don't have any redishness in them. I found that Dark Brown and Ebony both looked very fake on me, obviously drawn on and just "off". I switched to Granite, which is a dark slate grey and it's a perfect match. As the Brow Wiz does not come in Ash Gray at the time being, I think dark haired people may want to stick to Granite. (In the brow powder, Ash Gray also works on me - a little softer than Granite but similarly cool undertones). My personal opinion is that almost all of us look better with cooler toned brows than warm ones, regardless of your colouring. The other rule of thumb would be for those us on the dark haired spectrum to use an ashy, lighter colour than our brows while fair haired people may benefit from a more defined shade of taupe.

I have repurchased this product more times than I can keep track of and will continue to rebuy it. I buy mine from Cult Beauty as it is cheaper on there since CB removes 20% VAT on foreign exported goods.

Grade: A

on 6/18/2011 2:50:00 PM

Yes. Yes. Yes. Will definitely repurchase.

So very glad I bought this pencil. I've only had it two weeks, and I love it .....

Not only are my eyebrows disappearing (over 40) but I way overplucked in my teens. They've never grown back, and filling them in properly (as always prescribed by the beauty editors, makeup artistes, and Anastasia herself) has been one of my biggest beauty challenges.

This is the FIRST pencil I have EVER used in which I can extend my inner brows towards the center, as well as out, without thinking I have on that phony baloney penciled eyebrow look.

I've never liked Anastasia's brow stencils .... while I think they are great for women who are in front of the camera and need more makeup, for everyday brow filling, the prescription of powder and stencil, at least on my features, is way too much. Does. Not. Suit. My. Tastes.

This product allows me to extend my brows with a very subtle natural look. Love it. It does not tame or add volume to the brows you have (I use Lancome's "Modele Sourcils," and Anastasia's brow wax or brow gel), what you can do is get a perfect natural base color with the feather strokes this pencil allows you to create.

Can't speak to how long this pencil lasts, but I will stockpile, for certain. Don't want to be without this one. If you can't stand that overdrawn brow look, and need to frame your eyes, try this.

I am beyond delighted.

ETA: I purchased in the light ash, and the color is perfect for me ... and probably another reason why I think it delivers a beautiful natural, defined brow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! First off I just wanna blab that it`s been over a year since I last did a review on here! I miss those days of telling the tales of good and bad beauty products, helping the beauty community on here.
Now onto the product. The Brow Wiz is perfect for anybody who has next to no eyebrows--and not just sparse, I`m talking eyebrows so thin it looks like they aren`t on the persons face if you look from a couple feet away. The formula is tough (not soft like a kohl crayon) and yet, applies colour with ease, enough so that you can gradually build on your non-existent brows while not tugging on your skin. The pencil is VERY thin enough to create hair-like strokes, and the formula lasts about 5 hours before it starts to fade, pretty average for my slightly oily skin. I really like the spoolie especially because of how short and stiff it is, giving you the ability to sweep through and blend the colour in only several swipes.
The colour medium ash (which I have) is perfect for those with dark or Asian hair struggling to find a brow product that isn`t too red in colour. Most of the colours in Brow Wiz are those that I have not seen in any other brow pencil.

Overall, I give this 5 out of 5 for the formula, the small thin packaging, and the vast array of natural colours. Although I would not personally buy it again (I`m a dramatic brow girl plus I just prefer to slap on my brows and edit from there) I know someone out there with no eyebrows is searching the moon and back for a brow product that will give them a naturally coloured eyebrows that don`t look drawn in.