Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Brow Wiz

4.4

NET WT. 0.08 g / 0.002 Oz. HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL/HYDROGENATED GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL/HYDROGENATED HUILE VEGETALE, ZINC STEARATE, STEARIC ACID, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510)

on 1/12/2017 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! It stays all day, even with my incredibly oily skin, and I overdraw my brows a bit, but none of it moves. I love it and I definitely recommend it for oily skin. It's great for making your brows look natural or a little more defined. So pleased! The price is a tad high, but it's worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was pretty late to the game on this one. I got this in "Dark Brown" and it's a pretty close match for my hair. I will say that it's probably the best brow pencil I've used, but it does require a certain technique and a rather light hand in order to not look patchy.

My brows are naturally pretty sparse and the skin below them gets dry, so it's hard for most brow products to look natural on me. On a bad day I end up with boxy fake-looking brows, and even on a good day whatever product I use starts looking patchy around hour five.

This pencil will set you back $21, and despite all the hype I don't see a huge amount of difference between this and the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. Even the packaging was obviously intended to be similar. I'll admit the Brow Wiz does last a bit better throughout the day. However, having found such a close dupe leads me to believe this isn't the "only brow product worth talking about", how the beauty community can sometimes approach it.

I've enjoyed using this, I think it's easy to apply and looks natural, and I really can't think of anything off hand that's worked better than this, but then again I've tried woefully few brow products over the years. Like all brow products this has its good days and its bad for me, and I can't lie and say it's revolutionized anything for me. Unless something else comes along I will continue to alternate between this and the NYX Micro Brow Pencil.

on 1/3/2017 6:27:00 PM

Anastasia brow wiz in soft brown is the only brow product I use, it's so great!! I've tried other brands and the brow pomade but none compare for me. It can go on light or dark, and looks so natural and is very easy to apply. I love the brush that comes on one end of the product, and the reason I gave it a 4/5 for packaging is because the brush on last one I had broke off, but the product had almost run out anyway. The price is relatively high (along with most anastasia products), but it is so worth it!!

I use this brow pencil every, single day. There is no other product that compares if you want natural looking, defined brows.

I love the thin, precise application and the consistency of the pencil itself. A lot of eyebrow pencils are either too hard (have to press WAY too hard to get any color, thus completely losing the precise application) or too soft (barely pressing and getting a glob of unwanted color). Brow Wiz is the perfect texture and always glides on smoothly. It's an automatic pencil that rolls up, and you never have to sharpen it. It will always apply precisely, down to the very end of the tube.

The colors in this line are just right for my hair/skin tone as well. I can use either Taupe or Soft Brown. I typically stick with Soft Brown as my hair is currently highlighted blonde, and the Taupe is slightly darker and ashier than the Soft Brown. The Soft Brown, is a perfect natural (NOT WARM) light brown, with a very slightly ashy quality I love. Nothing I hate more than a brow color that is too warm, and completely unnatural. This color is perfect for me and blends right in with my natural eyebrow hairs.

I tried this product about a year ago, and I will never stray. I repurchase once a month so I never run out. HG eyebrow pencil for sure!!

on 12/30/2016 5:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I ran out of this awhile ago and am recenty going to go out and finally get another one.
I bought this along with the line's very popular dipbrow pomade to try out both very hyped up products. Out of the two, I loved the browbwiz A LOT more, although do keep in mind that I prefer tp keep my brows looking natural, only filling in sparse areas here and there to even them out.

I do believe that this eyebrow pencil is worth the splurge because it has a perfect conststancy and size. It's creamy enough to blend out with the spooly to soften/ blend the lines, but its hard enough to allow you to create false hairs and textire. It also applies in a very tiny area which I LOVE because again, individual hairs can be drawn on and this is just amazing to cover sparse areas with.

I'd definitely recommend this to someone who likes natural looking, feathery brows. If you want more solid and opaque brows, I wouldn't go for this and go for the dipbrow or an eyebrow powder.

on 12/30/2016 2:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The brow wiz is a very good brow pencil and comes in a wide shade range for everyone. The formula is creamy and very easy to work with. The spoolie end is very nice i really enjoyed using it even with other brow products.
However when i use it i found some hair coming off from my eyebrows but i heared that this is normal when using eyebrow pencils.
What really annoys me was that the spoolie part was broken.For that price range i expect a better packaging !

on 12/26/2016 9:37:00 PM

I absolutely love the Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I have dark brown hair so I use Medium Brown. This was my first brow pencil and I loved it so much that I purchased it again. I don't think that it lasts all day but that may be due to my oily skin. I 10/10 recommend.

on 12/19/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really handy brow product and the one I reach for most frequently as well as when I'm in a rush and don't have time for brow powder, pen, etc. Yes, it's on the small side in terms of product provided for what you pay for but I suck it up because it's just goof proof. There's no need to sharpen, the nib is tiny enough to replicate the look of small hairs and it isn't over pigmented and harsh looking. The spoolie attached to the other end of the pen is good quality - I typically brush up my brow hairs with it first, just to get an idea of what shape is realistically achievable, fill in and then brush through again with the spoolie to distribute the product and soften the look. Despite the dark colour I use (Granite), the pigment goes on quite soft and I would have to spend some time to get my brows looking cartoonish. This also leaves behind a slightly waxy film in your brows so brow powders will adhere better than they would on bare brows. Concentrate colour in the arch of your brow and define the area extending to the tail. Use this as a shaper and definer rather than a brow filler for bare spots. Use a lighter hand in the first half of your brows to avoid a heavy look.

Choosing a shade is tough only because there are so many options. I have very dark brown hair with natural coppery highlights (I'm mixed race - my mother is East Asian and my father is white) and pale n15 skin. If I wanted to replicate the hair on my head, it might make sense to go for a colour like Dark Brown or Ebony since they have warm undertones - right? Wrong. Although my hair has warm highlights, my skin is cool (I have blue-purple veins, etc) and my eyebrows don't have any redishness in them. I found that Dark Brown and Ebony both looked very fake on me, obviously drawn on and just "off". I switched to Granite, which is a dark slate grey and it's a perfect match. As the Brow Wiz does not come in Ash Gray at the time being, I think dark haired people may want to stick to Granite. (In the brow powder, Ash Gray also works on me - a little softer than Granite but similarly cool undertones). My personal opinion is that almost all of us look better with cooler toned brows than warm ones, regardless of your colouring. The other rule of thumb would be for those us on the dark haired spectrum to use an ashy, lighter colour than our brows while fair haired people may benefit from a more defined shade of taupe.

I have repurchased this product more times than I can keep track of and will continue to rebuy it. I buy mine from Cult Beauty as it is cheaper on there since CB removes 20% VAT on foreign exported goods.

Grade: A

on 12/16/2016 1:22:00 PM

Pro: pigmented, smooth texture, lots of shades, good packaging

Cons: don't get much product

I really loved this product and the shade blonde was a great match for me. I have very blonde eyebrows so I had to use a TON of product to get the color through my entire brow. I literally went through a whole Brow Wiz in a little over 2 weeks and at $21 a pop, I couldn't justify repurchasing it. However, if you have naturally full and visible brows, you would probably love this as it is great for making small hair-like strokes! Because I go through product so quickly, I decided to purchase the L'Oreal Brow Stylish Definer which is a nice affordable alternative. I have recently moved on to using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe and haven't looked back.

This has always been and still is my go-to brow pencil bc it's so precise and i hate the sharpening brow pencils bc they finish super quick. With this I can actually fill my eyebrows in with lines to make it appear more realistic bc it's already a thin pencil and there's no hassle of constantly resharpening every use. My only complain is that the product does still end up running out fast and that's that I hardly use it. I just do a few lines here and there and my eyebrow routine is done. I can't imagine for people who need it for more eyebrow detailing and filling, they would probably finish the product in 1-2 weeks! Also the pencil when it "runs out" still has a little left inside but you just can't twist it up anymore so it's unusable and really a waste of product on their end. All in all though, I'll always repurchase this.

Popular Brows Products