The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion

The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil), Stearic Acid, Talc, Glycerin, Orbignya oleifera (Babassu Oil), Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), Corn Starch Modified, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Avobenzone), Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Coumarin, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol, Eugenol , Caramel , CI 19140

on 1/4/2018 10:13:00 PM

Having recently discovered that my favourite body lotion from the Vitamin E range has sadly been discontinued, I've been on the hunt for a body lotion that will live up to Vit E's wonderful results. I tried TBS almond milk and honey body lotion but the smell really put me off ( whiffy feet 😥). So I pootled along to talk to my favourite SA at my local Body Shop and she recommended the shea whip body lotion. I could kiss her feet! It has to be my favourite Body Shop product (and I use a LOT). From first use I had silky soft skin. It left no greasy residue and the smell! Oooooooo yummy! I can't stop sniffing myself! I've had a lot of peops asking what lovely perfume I'm wearing. How nice ! Yep, this is the one. I'm saying yes to the shea. And Body Shop, please take note : if you dare to discontinue this lotion, I'll be a very unhappy bunny!

on 7/10/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Is this the same one as Shea Body Whip? I think most probably. I love the Shea body butter but that's too thick for daily use. Got this for day & everyday use. Really nice, not too thick. Smells similar to Shea body butter.

This moisturiser is light, absorbs fast, not greasy but also moisturising. Perfect combination for morning routine.
I love pump bottles for accurate measurements and prevents loss of quality (tub's frequent opening will result in loss of the quality of the product).

Sinks in after a while. Does dissipate after a few hours so might need to reapply during the day.

I like it!

on 11/10/2014 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm really into TBS shea range, especially the body butter and the scrub. They both work really well to moisturize the skin and smell amazing.
There was a promotion on the shea lotion and it was summer, so I thought I'd give it a go. I like it, it does indeed feel lighter than the butter but the smell isn't as nice. The base of this lotion is sunflower oil, which, for me, was a bit disappointing since it's a much cheaper product.

I'm not sure if I would buy this again, maybe if there is a good promotion. I feel like the body butter it's a superior product.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't really understand why this one is called whipped, but the smell is horrible. It is really reminds of some sort of cheap man cologne :( And the smell sticks for a long time. It dries quickly but not quick enough to use int the mornings. Definitely not repurchasing.

I love this lotion!I am a big fan of the shea butter range,so i couldnt help but fall in love with it!I prefer the body butter as it creamier and makes my skin as soft as velvet is.But as the weather gets warmer(i live in Greece <3) it takes a while for it to get absolutely absorbed.I wanted something quite moisturizing,but lighter!Aaaand,that;s it!It leaves my skin super soft.To be honest,it is not very different for an averange good body lotion.Except for the smell!That smell,my God! Either you love it,or you hate it!I personally,think is the best smell,so nutty and sexy,and tropical!!I love how it lingers on my skin and clothes!! also use the shea butter body mst!Great combination!So dinstinctive smell!My boyfriend loves that too!Although it is quite pricey,i will for ever repurchase! am addictided to how gorgeuous my skin is by using these products,and the smell! Best smell ever <3

on 9/29/2013 1:06:00 AM

i got this half price so it was i steal and i am pretty pleased about it.mind you i have dry skin this smells like the shea body butter but just a bit different it feels creamy but not thick and it moisturises for a while and then my skin starrts going all dry again it terrible but then again i am glad i got it half price.any goood recomendations for lotions ?

on 7/11/2013 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you have dry or really dry skin you will be a fan of this. The reason why I gave this a 4-star rating is because the moisturizing effect disappears after a little while but that's fine with me because I use a body butter anyways to keep my body soft.

on 6/25/2013 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love how this comes with a pump! It's easy to get the product, and it's hygienic too. :) This lotion is thicker compared to the other lotions I've tried from TBS, but I like how moisturizing it is. It makes me skin feeling so very soft. The best part? The lotion is absorbed really quirky into the skin. No more eeky, sticky feeling! I find that it is best to use this cream during the really hot (& humid) months - their body butters are a bit too much. The scent is pretty neutral but not very strong; it's lasting power is pretty ok, or perhaps it's a sign that I've gotten used to it. The only downside is that I find it slightly expensive for that amount... Their packaging, while hygenic, makes it very hard to get the lotion when there's a little left.
Nonetheless, I will continue to stock up these during the hot months, or whenever there is a sale ;)

on 1/10/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lotion! It absorbs beautifully, and being an acne prone individual, I've had no issues with arm breakouts - which can happen to me quite frequently with lotions.

The scent is fantastic. Very clean, almost like a luxury type soap. I've been searching for a scent that was not too overpowering, but very clean so I can layer with my sweeter vanilla scent and this is it!

on 2/18/2013 3:57:00 PM

I love that this comes in a pump, and the scent is nice. A scent that reminds me of summer and beaches. The lotion itself has a nice consistency, but it seems a bit watery. I don't really like the moisturizing effect of this, somehow it's not moisturizing enough but still feels a bit sticky on the skin. it's annoyingly hard to get out the last bits of the lotion, so the packaging could have been a little bit better.

Popular Lotions / Creams