benefit Cosmetics Her Glossiness in Kiss You [DISCONTINUED]

benefit Cosmetics Her Glossiness in Kiss You [DISCONTINUED]

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this lipgloss as GWP when buying some benefit products.

I love it, love the colour, I usually go for pink but this is really lovely, love the smell, and the feel on my lips.

It is not sticky at all, and does last for a while on your lips, even if the gloss goes, you are still left with a very moisturising feel on your lips for a good while after.

I am happy enough with the packaging and the applicator, and when this runs out I would most definitely buy it again.

on 12/15/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Buildable color
Not too sticky
Creamy & moisturizing
Kinda between a lipstick and a shimmery gloss
Amazing color
Lasts a good amount of time
Cute packaging
Nice smell

Cons:
The Price
Can get 'goopy' looking
The applicator wand doesn't bring out enough product & is somewhat loose as if it's going to snap off
The gloss somewhat seems dry

Would I buy it again? No. Although this lip gloss looks amazing on me, I think I can find a dupe with a less annoying applicator and gooey look for a better price.

As always I adore the Benefit packing, cute and practical.

Kiss You is the "new and improved" version of Kiss Me, also by Benefit. I love it. It's thicker than Kiss Me, but not sticky by any means. It is a touch more purple, has a touch of shimmer that really doesn't show on the lips at all, and it's probably twice as pigmented. Still on the sheer side as glosses go, but buildable now whereas before I didn't feel like I could build it up to show the pretty color.

Speaking of the color, it's a cool purple pink, and when layered twice for me it's a lovely glossy lilac without being dead and opaque, and it stays true to the shade - doesn't just turn pink. LOVE the color.

on 8/10/2009 2:41:00 PM

Unlike the other reviewers I love the smell of this, it has an apricoty coconutty smell and feels moisturising. A little bit sticky, it goes on more thickly than dazzleglasses. I am having a fuscia thing at the moment and so made a beeline for this, I love the colour and the way it reflects on your lips sometimes seeming more pink and sometimes quite blue.
Having got it home it is very very similar to eclectic edge lipglass, not as sheer though. Funtabulous is also very close although Kiss me doesn't have any sparkle. I would say that if you have either of those Mac dazzleglasss then you needn't bother with this colour. I'm undecided about purchasing more colours.

on 6/25/2009 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have two of the three lip gloss duos from the Peace Love & Glossiness set (24k [sheer gold w/lots of gold glitter], Your People My People [sheer w/soft pink glitter], Kiss You [sheer fuschia], Talk to My Agent [sheer mauve w/glitter]).

PROS: Look pretty in the tube? Decent lasting power, slightly moisturizing.

CONS: Over priced. Smell sweet and plasticky (I thought mine were bad b/c they were RIS, but other MUAers have said the same thing about new ones direct from Benefit or Sephora). The colors are nothing special on--you could probably get a nicer Cover Girl lipgloss. A little sticky.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in these glosses. While I love other Benefit products (Posietint, PlaySticks, etc), I think these are going in the trash.

on 6/19/2009 12:53:00 PM

So this is the new and improved glosses of Benefit. In fact, the popular KISS ME, is the older version of KISS YOU. The problems with the older version is that people claimed it was too sheer, didn't deliver color or staying power. KISS YOU is the very much improved version and I like it a lot better. The staying power is much longer, I think it's because it has almost the same consistency as MAC's lipglasses (kinda like the sticky feel) and because of this more color can be diposited. I was very impressed with the update. The only reason why I took a lippie off was because I find that because of the stickyness/almost man lipglass-like can be a problem for those of you who have flaky lips---the gloss wil settle in the flakes and make your lips look really gross (I hope you know what I mean) This happened to me as well as the lipglasses......other than that, I would love to try other colors from this new lipgloss line.

on 1/15/2009 4:30:00 PM

The gloss is good, it is glossy and it comes out on my lips looking quite natural, and not too overpowering.

The only down side is the smell and taste. The first time i used it i thought i was going to be sick, but i've gotten used to it.

I won't buy it again just cause it is expensive. Though boots is currently doing some kind of offer for this lip gloss range, and i might get one in a different colour :)

on 10/25/2008 2:02:00 PM

This is the best piece from the Love, Peace & Glossiness set. The texture, color, and shine are all perfectly balanced. The light magenta is a very subtle, complimentary color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This color I couldn't find on the BeneFit website but I know they sell this color because I have it. I received this from my coworker for Christmas and I love this color. It looks bright and very pigmented on the outside but when applied on the color is really sheer and just gives you that glossy, shiny look without the sparkles. This color is a bright lavender or lilac color. It has great staying power as long as you don't lick it off. The taste is bland, but the smell has a hint of fruit in it.