Sugar Cosmetics Sugar Double Wink

Sugar Cosmetics Sugar Double Wink
Sugar Punch Out Palette and DoubleWink mascara

4.2

on 7/8/2015 3:31:00 PM

I got this on a whim while browsing Kohl's cosmetic clearance section. It was 2 mascaras (as in 2 whole tubes, not just the 2 sides of the tube) for $2.80! I was prepared to be disappointed but was actually pleasantly surprised- this mascara is pretty nice for daily wear. If you're looking for anything dramatic then you'll probably want to skip it, but I wear it to the office and it provides a little bit of extra length and volume, while separating my lashes for a very natural look.

It lasts all day on me, and is easy to wash off. The packaging is meh, but I do like that it is very slender- I have a very small purse and it's perfect for that. It has very stiff wands that aide in separating the lashes, which it does very well. I wipe the little glob off at the end so I can use it to detail my corner lashes.

All in all, super satisfied with this product, especially for the price I got it at.

on 6/12/2015 8:11:00 PM

I think Sugar used to be a Sephora carried line and has over the years since been downgraded to a Walmart brand. I bought an oversized bronzer compact from Sugar at Sephora many years back but hadn't given the brand much thought since and didn't even know it was still been around until receiving a couple little gift sets of theirs recently.

The double wink mascara was included in one of the gift sets and I can see why the brand is has become far less expensive if it is indicative of Sugar's quality. I'm amazed how highly rated this stuff is! I thought it was terrible!

One end is allegedly for length and the other for volume. The length brush has very short compact bristles to grab the lashes and drag mascara all the way down each one, whereas the volume brush has a spiral wand similar to Great Lash. Either way, both formulas are RIDICULOUSLY DRY. That was my main contention with this. Super dry, crumbly formula from the get go. The volume side created a slightly fanned effect and the length side did give a little length (though I think my lash curler carried most of the heavy lifting) but overall the look either side gave was seriously lacking. Very little volume, unimpressive length, just "fair" pigmentation and a formula drier than the desert.

Pass.

on 2/4/2015 11:35:00 AM

My favorite ever. Women would stop and stare at my eyelashes and ask if they were real. Best length ever. I still hunt for it.

This did little for my lashes. The dry texture added zero volume (actually made my lashes almost fluffy!) and the lengthening end was a bit clumpy. Disappointed in this one because of the positive reviews and the good price.

on 8/11/2009 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was impressed by the reviews of this product, so on my last Sephora order I added this to my basket, since it's only $10! At first after I received it, I liked the way it applied - you can get right into the base of the lashes without getting mascara on your eyelids, because the wands are nice and stiff and I find I have great control. Also I think because this mascara is somewhat dry and ungoopy, it helps. However, I do feel that that aspect is also it's downfall...because the mascara is dry it just doesn't build up as much as I'd like. NOTE however that since the rumour is the Sugar Cosmetics is discontinuing, perhaps their products aren't being manufactured now and I may have gotten an old one. So I can't completely discount this product. Its a nice mascara and I don't regret buying as $10 is fairly inexpensive; however, I am currently looking for a new mascara already.

on 7/16/2009 5:07:00 AM

I bought it just to try it once because it was so cheap online at sephora (probably around the same time as the fellow reviewer below!) and was pleasantly surprised after I first put it on! The brush is nice, and with the formula there's no clumping..until a few wks old *BUT* not as much as nor as fast as the clinique all about eyes mascara I had always used before. I think they are selling it again at sephora.com at a sale price of $9.50! Considering how much product you're getting in addition to the convenient double-sided brush, it's a good buy! It volumizes OK, but I have a lot of eyelashes anyway so it works for me. Then lengthening...the difference is slightly noticeable.

on 7/2/2009 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this on ebay for a great price, and I'm glad I did. I really like the double feature...and it does create a very nice dramatic look on my eyelashes.. I still like Clinique's high impact a little better, but this is a close favorite. I take it off at night with DH oil and that seems to work well. I use the lengthen side first and then the volume and it definitely doesn't clump up or smear. Will repurchase.

on 4/6/2009 9:45:00 AM

I got this during sephora's sale for 50% off when they were discontinuing this line. I love this mascara, it really volumizes and lengthens my puny asian lashes without clumping. It is a very dark rich black and defines them really well. At first this smudged on me a lot but then I apply a light dusting of translucent powder on my lashes with my MAC 188 brush before application and the mascara stays put all day without smudging at all. This mascara is easy to remove with just water.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had never even heard of this brand before, but I saw this at my TJMaxx for $4 and decided to try it out. This product does exactly what it claims, one end for volume, one end for length, and delivers both without clumps. This is also fairly buildable, you can take it from natural to dramatic very easily. I'm definetly heading back to grab a few more of these.

on 3/29/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara while it was on clearance based on the reviews here. I'm sorry to mess up the perfect 5.0 it had, but I did not like this at all. One coat alone hardly looked like I applied any mascara at all. Two coats together made it look like one very light coat. I had to keep building this to get it to look decent. I feel like even the clearance price was a waste of money.