Lily Lolo Finishing Powder - Translucent Silk

Lily Lolo Finishing Powder - Translucent Silk

3.1

MICA [ /- CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this when I want a less matte alternative to my Ben Nye powder, this adds a soft glowing finish on the skin. I like that the ingredients are minimal and on my NC15 skin it blends seamlessly, without any white tone. It can be way too shimmery if applied heavily though, so a light hand and very small amount of product is required. Oil control is actually pretty good and it sets both mineral and cream/liquid foundation equally well.

on 9/3/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the Lily Lolo foundation buy this is terrible on me. I don't have particularly obvious pores but this powder sinks in them and makes my face look like the surface of the moon.

on 9/14/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I was curious about Lily Lolo make up although I'm not sure how healthy mineral make up is. I purchased a few samples from their UK website, silk powder being one. I was very disappointed. It is a horrible product. I got itchy, it caked on my skin and underneath my eyes it accentuated the lines I don't even have! It caused my throat to get dry as well. I am super sensitive to a lot of ingredients in skin care, make up and perfumes but I wasn't expecting such a quick, bad reaction from something seemingly that simple. The colour is not translucent either but rather white on my light to medium olive skin and gave my face an ashy look. Overall it was a big fail. I'm glad I only bought the samples, not the full products. I think mineral make up overall is not for me. I find all Lily Lolo products too drying and unflattering. My usual preference is for more creamy products especially in make up. I suggest if you want to buy Lily Lolo, go for the samples first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really love my Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation, so I really wanted to love the finishing powders too.

I ordered samples in both 'Translucent Silk' and 'Flawless Matte', but rather than enhancing the look of the foundation, I found it just looked a little cakey and too much unfortunately.

I still love the foundation and I don't really think it needs a finishing powder honestly, but I really, really wanted to love this. Quite disappointed.

on 8/1/2012 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got samples of both Translucent Silk and Flawless Silk and after trying both, I ordered a full size of Flawless Silk.

I just found that Translucent Silk wasn't really translucent - it was white and it did leave my face with a whitish tinge & faded my blush and bronzer (which needed to be reapplied).

I do think that perhaps it makes your makeup stay put longer though.

But my choice would be Flawless Silk.

on 3/3/2015 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this as a finishing powder for my dry dry skin. This is a luminous mattifying powder that sets make up while looking glowy. I can see this working well for mature skins especially for ladies who want to look softly polished without caking or a heavy base. The packaging - like most loose powders- allows way more product out the softer than you need and it goes everywhere and makes a massive mess. I have yet to find any loose powder that doesn't get everywhere. Because of this it's possible to apply much more than you should - if you over apply you look greyish and ashy so sparingly is the way to go with this one. Oily skins stay away you would look rediculously shiny wearing this

on 11/5/2009 4:01:00 PM

I'm not entirely sure what difference this makes, but I am sure it contributes to the whole flawless look. I only use a tiny bit, across eyes, forehead and cheeks, so it lasts forever. It is waterproof so when it rains, my make up doesn't budge.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

While you can wear Lily Lolo's (or any brand's) mineral foundation on its own without any finishing powder on top, I find that this extra step takes the finish from "good" to "flawless", even airbrushed looking. If you have had problems with mineral makeup creeping into fine lines or accentuating dryness, I cannot recommend this finishing powder enough--it eradicates these problems for me. I prep my skin with a moisturizer, let it sink in for about five minutes, apply a light layer of mineral foundation, and then follow with a light dusting of Translucent Silk--done. It helps my makeup last 12+ hours in all kinds of weather too, doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin, and in no way distorts the colour of my foundation. This product is a HG staple for me.

on 8/1/2008 4:53:00 AM

This review is for another loose powder from Lily Lolo, e.g. Bondi Bronze...the best mineral bronzer ever!! It suits perfectly medium skintones -either tanned or not- and doesn't have an abnormous amount of shimmer/glitter like all average bronzers! Very natural looking when used sparingly with a large powder brush (like MAC n. 150)...I like to alternate this with south beach bronzer, my fave during winter months..it's more rosy toned and matte. I guess it would be perfect on people with cool undertones all year round.

on 8/6/2010 6:13:00 AM

This an excellent finishing powder, especially over LL foundation. I use it with Candy Cane and you really can get a totally flawless look. Only reason I'm not 5 lipping it is cos I'm totally in love with UD Razor Sharp at the mo. This is a close second though.