CLINIQUE Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

CLINIQUE Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Talc , Dimethicone , Nylon-12 , Silica , Squalane , Boron Nitride , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer , Cetyl Caprylate , Diisostearyl Malate , Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate , Methicone , Glycerin , Sodium Hyaluronate , Magnesium Palmitoyl Glutamate , Sodium Palmitoyl Sarcosinate , Palmitoyl Proline , Alumina , Tocopherol , Palmitic Acid , 1,2-Hexanediol , Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate , Tin Oxide , Sodium Dehydroacetate , [ /- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, Ci 77492, Ci 77491) , Mica]

Came back to this for summer for the build-able/re-applicable SPF reasons. So happy I decided to review it finally
I've used this on and off for three years actually. Recently I was using MAC skinfinish with so so contentment, but the ingredients always have me a bit sketchy (for slow, sneaky, but ever so present clogging of the skin....!)
Provided I am well moisturized (Vichy Mineral 89, followed by Reversa booster serum, both light but hydrating), this goes on perfectly. It takes me about 4 minutes to do this, add blush and mascara and look great for four hours before a touch up.

I use a multi-purpose brush from Techniques and actually buff this in like it was a mineral powder. Then I spritz liberally with a simple soothing witch hazel (Thayer's cucumber non-alcohol witch hazel that I put in a small spray bottle) and it sets to a lovely matte but not cakey finish. I can reapply often, re-spritz, and wear this easily from 8 am to 8 pm, through yoga, walking in hot weather, etc. Because you CAN and SHOULD reapply it, you keep getting that nice, non-toxic SPF which is more effective than putting on spf at say 8 am in lotion form (and thinking it's still doing something at 3 pm. It is not, go google that if you are surprised.) The test? I'm in the sun every day all year round. I love it, I'm bad, I know. And this year I wanted my dark blonde hair to lighten so I have avoided my hats. Still not sporting much of a face tan, and the colour, the lightest olive-friendly one, is absolutely fine, and we are into July here....

NOTE re the finish: I had all but abandoned this last year when I first used it, and again this spring because I didn't do these 3 things:
1) You must really find the right light but hydrating base under this
2) do not just use the sponge; that is convenient for touch ups, but do use a good brush and try buffing it in.
3) do finish with a light setting spray; even a spritz of thermal water (Avene, Uriage, La Roche Posay, Vichy, whatever).

Finally: it is buildable for redness, but use a concealer over top not under for any real issues. My Fit Me cheapo works well.
Hope this helps because the price of this is great, the ingredients are very good all considered, and the packaging is super idiot-proof. I really think this product can cut many steps out of a busy gal's routine, and leave her polished but not overly made-up.

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND MY HG!! THis stuff is MAGIC I tell ya. I have tried every single powder out there...i kid you not....and for some reason this one I hadnt tried!! SO GLAD I DID! AND NO BISMUTH!!! Be careful because some of Clinique's powders have this ingredient and it will break you out. (THis is why I don't use MAC). I am in between NC 15 and NC 20 right now. I got 4 Neutral in this powder and it works great. I use a brush to put it on. It covers better than any liquid and like all you reviewers said...it stays put...even when I was outside in 93 degrees humid weather...I sweated....yes...but it didnt melt off....I do use MAC Face and body under this....basically because it is great and I think it gives this something to stick to...I do wait to let the Face and Body to set before putting this on. Face and body is basically a tinted moisturizer so I'm not using this over a foundation. You wouldnt need to use foundation with this too. Like I said, It goes on NON CAKEY....NOT POWDERY....Doesn't settle in lines and looks great a the end of the day! I'm in shock at how great this is. ITs like no other power I have ever tried. This may be my very last foundation review as I dont see me ever using anything else. It's THAT good. I've been on a binge lately trying new things and this STANDS OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB...I typically stay away from Clinique because their liquid foundations are definitely way too pink, but this was a nice neutral tone. NO BISMUTH. I also started their cleansing system #2 which has really helped myskin. ANd they updated their yellow moisturizer which is FABULOUS! I'm 54 and makeup can make me look older, but this powder makes me look healthy....it's not a flat matte powder but somehow it has such staying power! It's amazing. I cannot say how good this is. I have tried high end, low end, drug store...you name it...powders....and this powder is different from all of them...I figured when I saw the good reviews a while back that it was just like any other powder foundation....it's NOT! It's in a class all it's own. And it stayed put longer than the Long Lasting Foundations that I have tried and I've tried a ton..THIS IS MAGIC IN A COMPACT. I NEVER thought I would get coverage, natural look, long lasting, in a POWDER! I'm officially done trying to new foundations and powder. I will use this forever.

on 5/27/2018 7:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Excellent product. Since I discovered it I stopped trying others. Coverage is medium to full, it looks natural. Shade 02 perfect for me. (I'm Healthy mix 51 shade.) Neutral shade.
Not drying. No oily shine during the day.
Looks good on dry skin areas.
I prefer applying with a brush to using a sponge, it looks more natural.
Sponge is ok if you need more coverage.
I'm not sure if it's comedogenic or not. I think every foundation is.

on 4/28/2018 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I though in my late 50's, I'm too old for powder foundation, but this one is an exception. Bought this in 02 Neutral Fair and although the coverage is not great, it did even out my skin tone, and I found it a blessing on hot, humid summer days, when my usual dewy-finish moisturizing liquid foundation would be sliding off my face. With summer coming again I will definitely keep this on hand for muggy days. The SPF is an added bonus, as is the fragrance free, non-irritating formula. For whatever reason, this did not settle into fine lines or make me look chalky.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in 02 neutral fair. First off it was way too dark for my pale skin. Second, it makes me look cakey. Third, it had NO coverage!!

I was very disappointed in this product for the price I paid.

I really love this product! I have the medium and it blends nicely and smooths my skin out. I use it alone or on top of a CC cream. I love that it has SPF 15 also. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin...

What I don't love is it appears that they are changing this wonderful powder and eliminating the SPF...

on 5/9/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very good powder foundation. High coverage (for a powder foundation), creamy formula, BUT the lightest shade is NOT light! I have very fair skin, I use NW15 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation but this in Neutral Fair is quite a lot darker than that. It really bums me out as I like it a whole lot. I'm probably gonna repurchase if I start tanning, but until then I'm gonna use it as a bronzer.

on 3/28/2017 6:23:00 AM

Very , very, very good powder/make up foundation.
If you want to use it like a fixing powder -he will be just ok.
But if you want to use it like a base, foundation on naked skin-you will love it.
Stays till end of the day , super easy to work with-incredible naked, beautifull skin effect.
Ideal for sensitive 35+ skin
Number 4 neutral( NC 20+25)
Number 6 dark-the best bronzer ever!!

on 3/14/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this Clinique Almost Powder, shade: 03 light, not by purchase but via my 84 year old Mom. Too dark for her very fair thin skin she passed it on to me, as not to insult her I took it. And so glad I did as there was definitely not a powder foundation in my makeup forecast.

This is THE most awesome powder foundation I have used. Apply dry. There is no vent for a wet sponge to sit and air dry as you usually find with power foundations. The sponge that comes in the compact easily allows you to work with a light or heavy touch, whatever suits you. As other reviewers have said, it does an awesome job of toning down facial redness. Also works spot applied on mild blemishes and such that you might normally use a concealer for (though not under eyes). Again, as already mentioned here in reviews, I can agree that it initially might appear a wee bit too powdery however it quickly wears down to undetectable but medium, even coverage. Has not turned weird grayish or oxidizing color as other powder foundations I have used such as LancĂ´me and Mac, NYX as well, which isn't bad but leaves a weird whitish cast if not carefully applied. This Clinique is great when applied in a rush and will last all day, no oxidizing, easy to touch up with as well.

As far as color selection I can only speak for the shade light which is a good neutral toned medium fair.

Packaging is typical Clinique, green (sick of that lol) but with a good mirror and snaps shut easily.

Glad I found this one, thank you Mom!

on 9/29/2016 10:39:00 AM

Great powder foundation. Very good coverage and has light enough shade for me. Packaging is a little ugly in color but that's fine since it is very compact and practical. I like the sponge that comes with the product.

Edit: This started to itch my face :(