Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 9/29/2016 10:39:00 AM

Great powder foundation. Very good coverage and has light enough shade for me. Packaging is a little ugly in color but that's fine since it is very compact and practical. I like the sponge that comes with the product.

I believe this is the second powder foundation that I have purchased in my life and I am finally about to hit the pan on it. I like it quite a bit. I am a fair, cool NW13 and this in neutral fair (02) works quite well for me. I usually put a bit of blush on as well to give myself some colour, but this stuff in combination with a concealer or liquid foundation covers up the red in my pale skin really well.

To Read all 447 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/30/2016 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have over 60, fair NW15-20, dry to combination skin. I like a medium coverage matte to satin finish and look to have both a liquid/cream foundation as well as a powder foundation. I don't like the made up look but still like want to have that flawless, air brushed finish. Probably the same as what most of us with mature skin are looking for.

I've tried a bunch of powder foundations from IT to EL to Chanel to la Prairie to some others as well. This Almost Powder wasn't even on my radar until I saw it come up in quite a few reviews for best foundations for mature skin.

I purchased both the Neutral Fair and the Fair. Neutral Fair is darker than the Fair. It's summer here in NH so the Neutal Fair is a good match for my skin tone. I'll hold on to the Fair as I think it will work well this winter.

What I really like about this Almost Powder is that it does have decent coverage, gives a beautiful air brushed type finish without having that powdery look. I find that it doesn't accentuate any of the mature skin issues - dry skin, pores, wrinkles. I really like the feel of this powder - it's extremely fine and silky.

on 7/27/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a good foundation powder for work. I'm a nurse and run a lot at work, and gets hot, and this keeps my skin in good condition. It is a bit powdery when first applied, but after half an hour or so, my skin is glowing and natural. I never have the time to touch up, and this keeps my shine at bay, even after a long day.

on 5/30/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this powder because I wanted something that would provide nice coverage so I could cover any discoloration without having to use concealer or foundation. And I needed something that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin and wouldn't break me out. In terms of coverage I think you can build this up to a medium to slightly full coverage, but you can definitely sheer it out by applying less. If you apply much of it then it'll start to look cakey- it definitely isn't a lightweight powder. I have very oily skin, and if there's something this powder CAN'T do is control oil, or at least on my skin. I get oily within a few minutes after applying it, BUT that's something that doesn't bother me thaaat much, so I just blot the oil away. I like the fact that in order to open the packaging you have to press a "button" (I don't know how to call it, hehe), so it will prevent you from it opening inside your bag or wherever you might have it. I break out quite easily and have sensitive skin and this hasn't cause any problems. It has a very soft scent, nothing too obnoxious. So, to wrap this up, I think I will keep purchasing this unless I find something that provides nice coverage, wouldn't cause any problems on my skin and that doesn't cost more than $30.00.

on 4/5/2016 2:52:00 PM

I use this powder as a foundation, because it gives me a very natural look, but also has enough coverage for me. (I don't have a acne-prone skin, maybe a little redness) It feels really light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores. When applied after a primer it last most of the day.
The nice packaging is also a plus :)
I would defenitely buy this again, this is my HG foundation!

on 4/4/2016 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I decided to give this a try because it had good reviews and it's a bit cheaper than my usual powder foundation (pur 4 in 1). I found this to be a bit too powdery looking for me. It doesn't have as much coverage as Pur either. I tried applying it with the same Pur Chisel brush I use with that product but it doesn't work as nicely as the sponge it comes with. But even with the sponge application it's not as natural looking and doesn't last long enough for me. On the plus side I didn't break out from this at all and the powder feels nice and light on my skin. Will not repurchase.

Edit: so I've being playing with this a little bit trying to get it to work. I bumped it up a lippie (3.5 is more honest than 4 imo) and I think I might repurchase (put as a yes for now). If I moisturize heavily, apply sunscreen and then pat this into my face I can get a nice finish but it's still very light coverage. I like how quick this is to use. I sometimes get up late and don't really have enough time to get ready so this helps. If you have issues with this but want a quick powder try Covergirl Advanced radiance pressed powder, it has a shocking amount of coverage for a pressed powder and a beautiful finish.

on 4/4/2016 8:53:00 PM

I've been using this for a few years now. It works well on its own over freshly applied moisturiser or to set liquid foundation for dodgy skin days. It doesn't make my skin break out like most other powders do. It looks totally natural, doesn't sink into pores and lasts most of the day before a touch up is needed. A compact lasts me around six weeks. I tend to wash and dry the sponge after a week or two or replace it completely as it does accumulate oil and germs. My only complaint is the packaging. Occasionally when I'm three quarters of the way through, the product splits and fragments and leaves powder everywhere through my handbag, wasting the product and making a mess. Not sure if there's a fix for this problem but it would be five stars from me if Clinique could find one. $50aud is a little steep but I use far less liquid foundation now so that balances it out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I have used this since 2005. The color neutral fair always works for my nw20 skin. There is enough coverage that I can use it for a slap on and go when there's no time for foundation. It covers some red scars on my chin well enough so that I am not self conscious. On foundation days this is the best touch up compact I have found. Clinique says it is a sheer foundation, but I find it builds up to medium. One of the few products that has never let me down.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I picked this up on a whim after mentioning that I was after a new, more portable powder. I wasn't originally sold on the fact that this is also a foundation, but the lady at the counter won me over by saying that this could help my redness while covering oil.

She ended up being right. Just a little powder helped cover up my redness, even out my complexion, and control oil. However, when she applied some powder for me at the counter, when I got home, my skin felt extremely dry and the powder just highlighted some flaky skin. However, she did mention that your skin's natural oils should shine through after 30 minutes, slightly cutting down on the dry feeling. She also claimed that the product was 100% mineral, while the Clinique Stay Matte was only 52.2%, and that this was hypoallergenic. There was no scent for me, which is also fantastic, and it's SPF 15, a plus.

The compact comes with a circular sponge which fits inside the container for easy travel. The I would just say to apply this with a light hand and to be careful not to overdo it if you're using the sponge. Using a brush will definitely distribute less product, and that's what I've been doing at home.

The packaging is very nice in my opinion, it reminds me of jade. It's portable and discreet, with the Clinique name not plastered all over the box. I purchased mine for $26 CAD, which I found to be a very reasonable price for a higher-end powder foundation, especially when you compare it to some Sephora equivalents.

Despite being pretty fair (so much so that the lady at the Clinique counter commented on it), I was matched to #2 Neutral Fair, the second lightest colour, which probably means that this powder foundation would be suitable for people with fair complexions.

So far, this product has been great. I've been using it for about a week. My only qualm would be that you need to be careful not to apply too much and blend the colour out well.