Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 5/9/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very good powder foundation. High coverage (for a powder foundation), creamy formula, BUT the lightest shade is NOT light! I have very fair skin, I use NW15 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation but this in Neutral Fair is quite a lot darker than that. It really bums me out as I like it a whole lot. I'm probably gonna repurchase if I start tanning, but until then I'm gonna use it as a bronzer.

on 3/28/2017 6:23:00 AM

Very , very, very good powder/make up foundation.
If you want to use it like a fixing powder -he will be just ok.
But if you want to use it like a base, foundation on naked skin-you will love it.
Stays till end of the day , super easy to work with-incredible naked, beautifull skin effect.
Ideal for sensitive 35+ skin
Number 4 neutral( NC 20+25)
Number 6 dark-the best bronzer ever!!

on 3/14/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this Clinique Almost Powder, shade: 03 light, not by purchase but via my 84 year old Mom. Too dark for her very fair thin skin she passed it on to me, as not to insult her I took it. And so glad I did as there was definitely not a powder foundation in my makeup forecast.

This is THE most awesome powder foundation I have used. Apply dry. There is no vent for a wet sponge to sit and air dry as you usually find with power foundations. The sponge that comes in the compact easily allows you to work with a light or heavy touch, whatever suits you. As other reviewers have said, it does an awesome job of toning down facial redness. Also works spot applied on mild blemishes and such that you might normally use a concealer for (though not under eyes). Again, as already mentioned here in reviews, I can agree that it initially might appear a wee bit too powdery however it quickly wears down to undetectable but medium, even coverage. Has not turned weird grayish or oxidizing color as other powder foundations I have used such as Lancôme and Mac, NYX as well, which isn't bad but leaves a weird whitish cast if not carefully applied. This Clinique is great when applied in a rush and will last all day, no oxidizing, easy to touch up with as well.

As far as color selection I can only speak for the shade light which is a good neutral toned medium fair.

Packaging is typical Clinique, green (sick of that lol) but with a good mirror and snaps shut easily.

Glad I found this one, thank you Mom!

on 9/29/2016 10:39:00 AM

Great powder foundation. Very good coverage and has light enough shade for me. Packaging is a little ugly in color but that's fine since it is very compact and practical. I like the sponge that comes with the product.

Edit: This started to itch my face :(

I believe this is the second powder foundation that I have purchased in my life and I am finally about to hit the pan on it. I like it quite a bit. I am a fair, cool NW13 and this in neutral fair (02) works quite well for me. I usually put a bit of blush on as well to give myself some colour, but this stuff in combination with a concealer or liquid foundation covers up the red in my pale skin really well.

on 7/30/2016 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have over 60, fair NW15-20, dry to combination skin. I like a medium coverage matte to satin finish and look to have both a liquid/cream foundation as well as a powder foundation. I don't like the made up look but still like want to have that flawless, air brushed finish. Probably the same as what most of us with mature skin are looking for.

I've tried a bunch of powder foundations from IT to EL to Chanel to la Prairie to some others as well. This Almost Powder wasn't even on my radar until I saw it come up in quite a few reviews for best foundations for mature skin.

I purchased both the Neutral Fair and the Fair. Neutral Fair is darker than the Fair. It's summer here in NH so the Neutal Fair is a good match for my skin tone. I'll hold on to the Fair as I think it will work well this winter.

What I really like about this Almost Powder is that it does have decent coverage, gives a beautiful air brushed type finish without having that powdery look. I find that it doesn't accentuate any of the mature skin issues - dry skin, pores, wrinkles. I really like the feel of this powder - it's extremely fine and silky.

on 7/27/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is a good foundation powder for work. I'm a nurse and run a lot at work, and gets hot, and this keeps my skin in good condition. It is a bit powdery when first applied, but after half an hour or so, my skin is glowing and natural. I never have the time to touch up, and this keeps my shine at bay, even after a long day.

on 5/30/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this powder because I wanted something that would provide nice coverage so I could cover any discoloration without having to use concealer or foundation. And I needed something that wouldn't irritate my sensitive skin and wouldn't break me out. In terms of coverage I think you can build this up to a medium to slightly full coverage, but you can definitely sheer it out by applying less. If you apply much of it then it'll start to look cakey- it definitely isn't a lightweight powder. I have very oily skin, and if there's something this powder CAN'T do is control oil, or at least on my skin. I get oily within a few minutes after applying it, BUT that's something that doesn't bother me thaaat much, so I just blot the oil away. I like the fact that in order to open the packaging you have to press a "button" (I don't know how to call it, hehe), so it will prevent you from it opening inside your bag or wherever you might have it. I break out quite easily and have sensitive skin and this hasn't cause any problems. It has a very soft scent, nothing too obnoxious. So, to wrap this up, I think I will keep purchasing this unless I find something that provides nice coverage, wouldn't cause any problems on my skin and that doesn't cost more than $30.00.

on 4/5/2016 2:52:00 PM

I use this powder as a foundation, because it gives me a very natural look, but also has enough coverage for me. (I don't have a acne-prone skin, maybe a little redness) It feels really light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores. When applied after a primer it last most of the day.
The nice packaging is also a plus :)
I would defenitely buy this again, this is my HG foundation!

on 4/4/2016 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I decided to give this a try because it had good reviews and it's a bit cheaper than my usual powder foundation (pur 4 in 1). I found this to be a bit too powdery looking for me. It doesn't have as much coverage as Pur either. I tried applying it with the same Pur Chisel brush I use with that product but it doesn't work as nicely as the sponge it comes with. But even with the sponge application it's not as natural looking and doesn't last long enough for me. On the plus side I didn't break out from this at all and the powder feels nice and light on my skin. Will not repurchase.

Edit: so I've being playing with this a little bit trying to get it to work. I bumped it up a lippie (3.5 is more honest than 4 imo) and I think I might repurchase (put as a yes for now). If I moisturize heavily, apply sunscreen and then pat this into my face I can get a nice finish but it's still very light coverage. I like how quick this is to use. I sometimes get up late and don't really have enough time to get ready so this helps. If you have issues with this but want a quick powder try Covergirl Advanced radiance pressed powder, it has a shocking amount of coverage for a pressed powder and a beautiful finish.