Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

titanium dioxideoctinoxatetalc dimethicone nylon-12 silica squalane boron nitride vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer cetyl caprylate diisostearyl malate phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate methicone aluminum hydroxide glycerin sodium hyaluronate magnesium palmitoyl glutamate sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate palmitoyl proline alumina tocopherol palmitic acid 1,2-hexanediol ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate tin oxide sodium dehydroacetate [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) mica [titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 5/27/2018 7:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Excellent product. Since I discovered it I stopped trying others. Coverage is medium to full, it looks natural. Shade 02 perfect for me. (I'm Healthy mix 51 shade.) Neutral shade.
Not drying. No oily shine during the day.
Looks good on dry skin areas.
I prefer applying with a brush to using a sponge, it looks more natural.
Sponge is ok if you need more coverage.
I'm not sure if it's comedogenic or not. I think every foundation is.

on 4/28/2018 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I though in my late 50's, I'm too old for powder foundation, but this one is an exception. Bought this in 02 Neutral Fair and although the coverage is not great, it did even out my skin tone, and I found it a blessing on hot, humid summer days, when my usual dewy-finish moisturizing liquid foundation would be sliding off my face. With summer coming again I will definitely keep this on hand for muggy days. The SPF is an added bonus, as is the fragrance free, non-irritating formula. For whatever reason, this did not settle into fine lines or make me look chalky.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in 02 neutral fair. First off it was way too dark for my pale skin. Second, it makes me look cakey. Third, it had NO coverage!!

I was very disappointed in this product for the price I paid.

I really love this product! I have the medium and it blends nicely and smooths my skin out. I use it alone or on top of a CC cream. I love that it has SPF 15 also. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin...

What I don't love is it appears that they are changing this wonderful powder and eliminating the SPF...

on 5/9/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a very good powder foundation. High coverage (for a powder foundation), creamy formula, BUT the lightest shade is NOT light! I have very fair skin, I use NW15 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation but this in Neutral Fair is quite a lot darker than that. It really bums me out as I like it a whole lot. I'm probably gonna repurchase if I start tanning, but until then I'm gonna use it as a bronzer.

on 3/28/2017 6:23:00 AM

Very , very, very good powder/make up foundation.
If you want to use it like a fixing powder -he will be just ok.
But if you want to use it like a base, foundation on naked skin-you will love it.
Stays till end of the day , super easy to work with-incredible naked, beautifull skin effect.
Ideal for sensitive 35+ skin
Number 4 neutral( NC 20+25)
Number 6 dark-the best bronzer ever!!

on 3/14/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I came across this Clinique Almost Powder, shade: 03 light, not by purchase but via my 84 year old Mom. Too dark for her very fair thin skin she passed it on to me, as not to insult her I took it. And so glad I did as there was definitely not a powder foundation in my makeup forecast.

This is THE most awesome powder foundation I have used. Apply dry. There is no vent for a wet sponge to sit and air dry as you usually find with power foundations. The sponge that comes in the compact easily allows you to work with a light or heavy touch, whatever suits you. As other reviewers have said, it does an awesome job of toning down facial redness. Also works spot applied on mild blemishes and such that you might normally use a concealer for (though not under eyes). Again, as already mentioned here in reviews, I can agree that it initially might appear a wee bit too powdery however it quickly wears down to undetectable but medium, even coverage. Has not turned weird grayish or oxidizing color as other powder foundations I have used such as LancĂ´me and Mac, NYX as well, which isn't bad but leaves a weird whitish cast if not carefully applied. This Clinique is great when applied in a rush and will last all day, no oxidizing, easy to touch up with as well.

As far as color selection I can only speak for the shade light which is a good neutral toned medium fair.

Packaging is typical Clinique, green (sick of that lol) but with a good mirror and snaps shut easily.

Glad I found this one, thank you Mom!

on 9/29/2016 10:39:00 AM

Great powder foundation. Very good coverage and has light enough shade for me. Packaging is a little ugly in color but that's fine since it is very compact and practical. I like the sponge that comes with the product.

Edit: This started to itch my face :(

on 7/30/2016 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have over 60, fair NW15-20, dry to combination skin. I like a medium coverage matte to satin finish and look to have both a liquid/cream foundation as well as a powder foundation. I don't like the made up look but still like want to have that flawless, air brushed finish. Probably the same as what most of us with mature skin are looking for.

I've tried a bunch of powder foundations from IT to EL to Chanel to la Prairie to some others as well. This Almost Powder wasn't even on my radar until I saw it come up in quite a few reviews for best foundations for mature skin.

I purchased both the Neutral Fair and the Fair. Neutral Fair is darker than the Fair. It's summer here in NH so the Neutal Fair is a good match for my skin tone. I'll hold on to the Fair as I think it will work well this winter.

What I really like about this Almost Powder is that it does have decent coverage, gives a beautiful air brushed type finish without having that powdery look. I find that it doesn't accentuate any of the mature skin issues - dry skin, pores, wrinkles. I really like the feel of this powder - it's extremely fine and silky.

I believe this is the second powder foundation that I have purchased in my life and I am finally about to hit the pan on it. I like it quite a bit. I am a fair, cool NW13 and this in neutral fair (02) works quite well for me. I usually put a bit of blush on as well to give myself some colour, but this stuff in combination with a concealer or liquid foundation covers up the red in my pale skin really well.