MAC Cosmetics Fafi eyes 2 quad

MAC Cosmetics Fafi eyes 2 quad
Fafi Eyes 2 Quad

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I kind of hate this. The pigmentation is horrible, even with tons of primer and a damp brush. They always end up fading so quickly, its not even worth the time it took to apply it. I just cannot make these work. It always makes my eyes look bruised, no matter what colors I use this with or how I apply. Horrible.

on 11/3/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I loved the colors so I bought it. Waste of money. You have to apply all the colors except the dark blue one with mixing medium (of just wet) to get any color payoff. Really disappointing.

on 10/19/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

horrible. nothing else to say.

To be honest - I bought the quad becuase of the packaging - it's adorable. But the colors are disappointing. There's a light goldish color (Bold as Gold (not really)), a coral (Shockwave), a light light green with silver glitter (You're Fresh) and a greyish blue (Prankster - almost the exact same color like Sea-Cadet from Stowaways Quad). Only Shockwave has a good color payoff the others are so bleh. It's nothing special. I wouldn't recommend buying this.

on 8/22/2009 5:18:00 PM

Okay so, love-hate relationship, much? LOL
The colors are a unique mix that could work, but they don't because "Bold As Gold" and "You're Fresh" lack pigmentation. It's been almost a year and a half, and I've been trying to find the best way to use this. I don't like spending money on something I'll never use. Finally, I've come to the point where I crushed "Bold As Gold" and "You're Fresh" eyeshadows and made them into pigment form. I put them in little pigment sample jars. Crushing them, I was hoping maybe they would be more pigmented. FALSE. The only way to get this to appear or stay on is to use these wet. I did before, but it kept ruining the appearance of the eyeshadow. But now, that's it a pigment, I use it wet all the time, and it appears way much better. I left the two empty spots in the palette, for other pan eyeshadows, and the "Prankster" and "Shockwave" are not too pigmented, but pigmented enough to show up. They're just okay eyeshadows. I don't like the sticker, the packaging sucks. I wouldn't buy this ever again. I can get something at the drugstore that's way better than this.

on 8/11/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I found this at my CCO the other day and chose this over the others (Fafi 1, Tempting, Shadowy Lady) because I didn't already own any dupes for any of the colors. I also LOVE lustres and 2 of the shadows in this quad are lustres. I wish everyone liked them as much as I do, because they probably will get discontinued eventually. I think the quality of these are great. None of them come off as strong as say MUFE #92, but what else does really? Nothing by MAC I can comfortably say. Yes they work best with a base, but what doesn't? My only gripe is the packaging. The shadows are glued into the quad, it isn't a magnetized, refillable one. Also, there is a cheapie paper sticker on the front. I think something of better quality could have been pulled off for not to much of an extra cost to the company. Fafi is a great artist, she deserved some better package design. Shadows are great, packaging not so great.
Colors:
You're Fresh (L)- beautiful pale green sparkle
Bold as Gold (L)- light light gold sparkle
Shockwave (V)- bright corally orange with sparkle (my fav)
Prankster (S)- deep deep smooth blue smoke

on 5/17/2009 6:13:00 AM

I just bought 5 palettes as i am a mac fan. But all of the colors have almost no pigmentation. In this quad the orange and the navy one are useable. But all the palettes are not that great unfortunatly

on 4/29/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i liked how thee looked and even swatched but the colors are so dusty and lustre-y. the pigmentation is okay. the green and gold colors are horrible. the coral is pretty, and the only useable color in the quad really but the navy shade is okay. i never reach for this quad and the sticker looks cheap!

on 4/2/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I mainly bought this because my sister is a big fafi fan and I took her to the launch at our local mac counter. I have liked most of the few mac items I have but this one really dissapointed me. The colors looked good in the palette, but upon application I found that the green color was the most difficult to work with. No matter how much I layered it it would show up well. The coral color was okay, but was faint as well. The only color I liked and use most is the golden vanilla.

on 11/6/2008 10:19:00 AM

It's true that these color aren't really pigmented, but if you use a base like UDPP, the colors show up really well and stay put. These colors are are great alone or used together for a cool smokey look. Im not disappointed by this at all.