Garnier Pure Deep Scrub Gel

4.2

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is targeted for oily skin that's prone to acne and blackheads, and is to be used 2-3 times a week. I got this along with the daily cleanser, and while they were too harsh and drying on my combination skin (on my face, I'd rate it a 2...I did notice an improvement with my blackheads, but my cheeks felt rough and dry), my younger sister noticed a big improvement (she has acne-prone, oily skin) after using this together with the daily cleanser (I've written a review for this), her acne scars have lightened and diminshed considerably and most of her active acne are gone after a few weeks of regular use. I'm glad I passed this and the cleanser to her, since they did nothing for me but dry me out. I wouldn't buy this again for myself, but mom bought a few tubes of this and the cleanser for my sister to stock in her bathroom cabinet.

I just started using this product and it is really working to get my oily skin under control during the warmer months. It has a slight minty tingle and the scrubbing beads aren't too harsh.

I love all of the garnier skin care products I have tried so far, so I will definitely buy this product again.

I bought this a giant tiger in a pack for 8.97 it had the scrub the perfecting lotion and the spot pen.I had broken out badly in the warmer months and thought id give this a try and to my surprise it saved my skin within 3 days my skin was cleearing up..looking even and making my pores shrink,I even got my sister to start using it and its making her skin look great.My regimen is the pure gel scrub in the morning followed by the perfecting lotion which works great as a makeup base.THen at night i use the scrub again but i use the garnier fresh toner cuz it smells so nice and makes my face feel soft and then it doesnt feel tight...and i use the spot pen if i have any blemishes(the pen works ok,i find it dries the blemish out to much and i end up with dry spots on my face). During the summer i used the fresh 24 hr hydrating fluid..which contain spf 15 and it works great..I am going to buy this again because i have sensitinve skin and some redness..and this didnt irritate me at all. even though it said on the bottle to be cautious if you have sensitive skin..and the dry spots i cant live with from the pen cuz i know in about a week my blemish will be gone. A great product that i love ..and it really works..and its not expensive...especially when you find a pack like i did..@ only 8.97..What a deal.:) thanks garnier for making such a great product.

I absolutely love this scrub. It keeps my skin bright and clear and the tube is lasting me forever! I find when I stray away from using it I break out, but I clear up within a few days of using it again. It is SO refreshing and minty and makes my face feel clean and slightly tight (which I like but others don't seem to) without being dry. It reminds me of my favorite face wash (a green tea cleanser) that St. Ives had years ago.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin that usually behaves itself pretty well. But lately, I'd been plagued with blackheads, HUGE ONES, all over my nose that would not stay gone no matter how much time I spent scrubbing and exfoliating and squeezing. After a failed pore strip attempt, I was starting to panic. Then I found this scrub gel in my medicine cabinet.

I had used this before and stopped using it because it was too harsh for my skin and was drying it out. This stuff smells poisonous, I tell you. It's so strong. I guess I made the mistake of using it every day when really it should be used as needed. I thought, maybe this would have some effect on my blackheads. And it did!!!

Immediately, I could see the difference. Obviously my pores are still visible, but no longer dirty and dark looking. With continued maintenance, I look forward to having clean pores for a long time. So seriously, if you have a problem with blackheads, even if you don't have oily acne-prone skin, GET THIS STUFF. Use it once a week to keep blackheads at bay.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! I bought it last year in August 2008, and still have more then half left.
It love using it after I've had a night out and need to wash the load of make up off my face before bed. It lathers really well and all you need is literally a few drops of scrub, which is why it lasts sooooo long.

Price was great too, I think about $6.50 or so (bought it in the UK).

I also wouldn't recommend it for everyday use, since the scrubbing beads seem a bit harsh. Then again, recently I read no scrub is good for everyday/daily use.

I've been using this product for two weeks now every second or third day. I'm liking it so far, it leaves my skin feeling clean, cool, smooth and oil free. It's not too harsh on my skin, but I do think that it would be a little drying if you didn't use moisturizer afterward. Besides being a good product, it also has this strong earthy/organic scent that I love. It's kind of odd but I crave the scent and wish I could use it everyday!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is a great scrub. It's a clear gel with tiny, blue scrubbing particles to exfoliate. I don't find it too rough or drying for my combination skin, and my pores looked much cleaner after just one use of this scrub gel. It's important to note that it doesn't shrink your pores - mine are still more visible than I would like, but at least they are very clean.
It smells kind of weird to me, but it's nothing offensive at all, and I'm sure some people would like it, it's just not my thing!
I think this scrub costs something like $9.99CAD, but I picked it up on sale for $4.99. I like the packaging of this product; I have no problem with the way it looks or the way it dispenses the gel. I would definitely repurchase this scrub.

Ahhhhh.This scrub smells so bad, I could throw up. I didn't like it ALL. SMELLED like death. The beads were so sparse but they were so gentle and as you worked them in they dissapear. I have to use a lot because the beads fade, and there is a lot of gel, which gets foamy, but it smells. I use it in the shower now, which helps with the smell.

The reason for the high rating is because it unclogged my pores. I had slightly apparent pores, but the other day I went out to play in the sun all day and I came home and was mortified to see my pores were HUGE. I didn't know what to do, so I grabbed this scrub and my Garnier FRESH toner and Fresh moisturizer and I cleaned my face adn now my pores are GONE. It's too amazing to take away rating for smell, however I don't know if it's making my acne worse or if that's because of the sun. My skin was clear until my play day.

Over all. 7.5 / 10

I love the packaging though.

Edit: Its still a great scrub, (makes me soft and controls oil) but it doesn't shrink my pores anymore. :( or maybe they are shrunk as much as this product can shrink them.

The smell is ok. The product didn't help my skin at all and it left it dry.