Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.

on 7/26/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Now, I have about *Counting fingers* 3...7...12...
well...several different leave in conditioners in my room and not one of them, not even the expensive ones, have made as much difference to my hair as this magical leave in.
The smell is divine! The texture is reasonable; not sticky or slimy or oily and the cream works. It basically works. Well, for me it does. But I would highly recommend it. I bought it because it came in a rather sexy coloured bottle (lol...I'm an easily amused consumer *shame face*) and it claimed to protect straightened and dry hair from breakage.
My hair has a tendency to just snap at the slightest touch which really worried me so I started investing in leave ins. I like Herbal Essences and they hadn't disappointed me so far, so I thought "Hey, why not give it a go". After about a week of using it, I noticed that my hair felt a lot softer but softness isn't a enough to win me over. After about another 3-4 days I noticed that I was getting A LOT LESS BREAKAGE! I couldn't believe it. I was combing my hair without fear of going bald during the process...
I really hope it lasts and I haven't jinxed it somehow by testifying of it's greatness lol. It's a brilliant leave in and does exactly what it says. Plus it smells edible! Have to restrain myself from licking it. *Shame face*

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I was pretty skeptical about how this would work for my relaxed hair but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. It sufficiently moisturized my hair and makes it sooo soft. I know that partly is due to the fact that it contains silicone but I personally prefer a product that contains some silicone because it tames my frizz and makes my hair managable. This also smells reallly good, I got compliments from my boyfriend about how great my hair smelled after applying this to my hair. I use this daily, my only negative critisim about this is how small the bottle is, I used 1 bottle in like 3 weeks which is quick for me, which is the reason I gave this 4 out of 5. But overall this is a great find!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I hated it! I was really looking forward to liking it b/c of all the reviews i have read on the hair forums. The smell drove me crazy and the product is sticky. Not to mention, it is NOT moisturizing at all. I wish i still had the receipt so i can return it but i cant find it:( BOO! I like that the product has a pump on it but everything else..i hated

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use this, the split end protector, on mine and my little girl hair. So far so good. I use it moisturize before I seal our hair. Her hair is natural and mine is relaxed. Hers have to be applied every night, while I sometimes skip a day or two because it can be a little heavy even when I use very little. But its not bad. It smells great too. Have been using it for about a month now. I would by this again or until I find something better.

EDITED ....
After going out and repurchasing this leave and using it I immediately felt a difference. Then I did some research on the web and found out on YouTube that the formula was changed! I see why my hair felt so dry! I am not repurchasing. In the store I saw that they had changed the bottle on us but if I had looked at the back of the bottle and saw the ingredients I would have not purchased this. Big disappointment. And to be honest I don't even know if the old version had so much alcohol but I know its better than this junk!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love the smell of this product! It smells so clean and fruity. I've noticed that when I use this product my hair is softer and bouncier. But this product is meant for your ends not the rest of your hair. A lot of people use this as a moisturizer but I think you should use another product for the rest of your hair especially if you have dry hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! This is by far my favorite leave in treatment. My hair is naturally curly but I do straighten it a lot. I always use this product on my hair the night before I straighten my hair. I will make sure to apply a generous amount throughout my hair, especially the ends. I then use a comb to evenly distribute it. The next morning I will just rinse this out of my hair, apply my heat protectants, blow dry, and straighten my hair. I have noticed that my hair is less damaged since I have started using this. This just shows me that great products don't have to be expensive. I bought this when it was on sale for $2.

on 11/15/2010 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

It gets the job done for like a day, but is NOT ultra moisturizing like my Sunsilk 24/7 leave in creme.

on 5/15/2010 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best leave-in Ive ever used. I use this product after I wash my hair. Mixed with a little coconut oil or olive oil, it allows me to air dry my hair with out frizz. Plus my hair is super soft.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I liked this stuff so much after one use I got a backup before im even part way through the first one.

Im not sure if its the combo of things i used with this...or this alone but my hair feels really soft and moisturized. and i have 4b COARSE afro textured hair.

I believe this line of Herbal essences really works nicely on afro textured hair. Hello Hydration conditioner and this as a leave-in. LOVES