Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

I've been using this product for about a year now and it's pretty good. It smells great and it does help to keep my ends hydrated but I still do get split ends. It's an average leave-in conditioner, nothing special, but it gets the job done for me

on 7/13/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have rebought this product a few times now. I'm a curly girl, and I know cones are bad for me, but I just LOVE this stuff, and my hair does too!

No cones makes my hair VERY frizzy, so a little is good. The smell is wonderful, and it makes my hair feel soft and touchable.

While the shampoo and conditioner is a little bleh for me, this works very well. I will continue to repurchase, as long as it doesn't change. The packaging is a BIT of a pain. The bottle is very small, and I go through it pretty quickly. I'd like a bigger size. Also, it gets clogged easily, and I can never tell until a little squirt comes gushing out of the nozzle. Like a water gun!

on 5/27/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I try others, but always come back to this! It has the right consistency, the right fragrance and works just right every time. I can use it right after showering or even just before my hair is completely dry. It calms the frizzies and flyaways and protects my hair from the humidity. Leaves my wavy hair soft, shiny, and managable. When I downsize the overgrowth of products on my shelf, I chuck the others and keep this....very telling!

I bought this leave in to use with the LTR shampoo and conditioner and i have to say i really love it! the whole system seems to work great with my wavy frizzy color treated hair. i have shoulder length hair but bought this system cause i wanted something to help protect against split ends. this leave in smells wonderful its very moisturizing and leaves my hair soft and managable. i would definately repurchase this product

on 5/4/2011 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this was my HG leave-in treatment but they went and messed with it! The new scent is too heavy, it makes me nauseous. The previous scent was quite lovely and LIGHT, it was gone my the time my hair dryed. And the other thing with the new formula is that it left my hair feeling weirdly coated when I blow dryed it straight (medium curl), the weird coating did go away once I put a flat iron. the old fromula never did that. Why must hair care companies mess with my favs!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty ordinary leave-in treatment. However, out of all of the leave-in conditioners, anti-frizz creams, and leave-in treatments I've used, I like this one a lot. It's not bad for a fairly cheap product. It reduces my frizz when I apply it, and I like the fact that it is doing something good for my hair. I've had some leave-ins that just sit on the surface and weigh my hair down. I hair does feel much softer with this on, and I think, with continued use, it can really help your hair.
It also doesn't hurt that it smells nice! I clicked "yes" for repurchasing this, although I don't know yet if I will. I like to experiment with hair products, so I will probably find something else that catches my hair. But I would still keep this in consideration of course!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this. I have tried about a million leave-in creams, high-end to low-end, and this has turned out to be my favorite. It moisturizes my curly, fine hair perfectly with just a pea-sized amount and does not weigh my hair down or build-up. It detangles like a dream. It does not have any hold at all though, so I add a dot of TiGi Foxy Curls Contour Cream on top of this, and my hair stays soft and frizz-free. I have already repurchased (I also like the Long-Term Relationship Shampoo and Conditioner - and I never thought I would use another drugstore shampoo/conditioner again, Clairol really has impressed me with this line, hope they make it forever.).

on 5/15/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to admit, I am a die hard high end type girl. But this is definitely a exception. I tried this a year or so ago at my daughter's when I forgot my own leave-in and it was amazing. Always leaves my long almost waist length, always coloured hair easy to comb through, super soft and super slinky. Never builds up, Still fabulous the next day (important since I only wash every second day). Great stuff, have purchased over and over again.

This leave in does smell good but oh my goodness it is so bad for my hair.

I always used a small amount and no matter what it left an oily film on my scalp.It dried out my hair and made it more tangley when my hair was completely dried. I doubt it did anything to prevent split ends.

Not to mention that Herbal Essences has been named one of the worst drugstore hair care products you can use for your hair..

I won't be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Price: 1 lippie.

Dirt cheap! I bought it for $2.50 at Target. That alone made me very happy.

Packaging Quality: 4 Lippies

Comes in a cool toned red bottle with a pump. The label isn't the absolute cutest out there, but all in all the packaging is not hideous whatsoever.

Overall Rating: 4 lippies.
I would have given this a 3.5 if possible. Don't get me wrong, I love this stuff. However the ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the ingredients. Going through the reviews here sort of made me paranoid about whether or not this was causing more damage than good. I apply a tiny bit of coconut oil before this to counteract any potential drying effects the alcohol in this leave-in might have. ON THE OTHER HAND, nothing can fully repair damaged hair. So its not like I was expecting a miracle. THIS STUFF MAKES MY DRY HAIR FEEL SO SOFT & FLAWLESS! It masks any damage. I also love love love the color of this stuff. It's light pink/purple & very Viva La Gaga esque. Everyone else says this stuff smells strongly of candy & raspberries. I can't detect any fragrance in it though, but that might be due to my poor sense of smell + body chemistry. Its a win win situation either-way.

Would you buy this product again?: YES! Unless I feel its causing damage. So far so good. I am very satisfied with my purchase. :)