Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

2.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I repurchased this a few times before I discovered my HG: Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Treatment.

I have medium-long, very dry, very 3B curly hair that is processed, color treated hair. It is very frizzy and hard to manage with out lots of product. If you have fine hair, you need to use it sparingly.

It also smells DELICIOUS! I just can't get over how good it smells. I have been disappointed with most of the HE scents after they did that massive change to their line a few years back - HE lost me for a long time after that one. I miss my beloved Rose Hip line. :( But, this one smells good and strong and lasts a long time. I guess if you don't like or are allergic to fragrance, you might not like it, but I love it!

I liked this because it thick - those watery spray-in leave in's just don't do much for my hair. I used to use a leave in treatment and then an anti-frizz cream or serum. this is thick enough that I could cut out an extra step. I would use 2-3 generous pumps and work thought my hair working section by section. Then I would add my styling products & either blow dry or air dry.

Over time, I noticed my hair was becoming softer and more manageable. I really liked it! But it's was hard to find at most drug stores for some reason, which is why I went in search of something else.

It is not cone free - but I am not anti-cones.

If I couldn't find my HG Cantu, this would be a close runner up. It's one of the few that are heavy enough ti meet my needs.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff! It's wonderful. Smells great, feels so silky when applying and a little goes a long way. I apply it at night after my shower and wake up with silky strands.

I have a huge problem with leave-ins making my hair crusty and dry on the ends, but not this one! My hair feels incomplete without it after a shower!

I loved this line when I first started using it. *IF* you're going to continue using this line then you must have a deep cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for daily use because it tends to leave a thick residue on your scalp and hair. Which is why I don't tend to use this anymore and wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

on 11/26/2009 8:58:00 PM

The first few times I used this product I really loved it. I have VERY long hair and was very happy with Herbal's Long Term Relationship shampoo & conditioner so I decided to try this as well. It smells really good, kind of like raspberries, and the smell stays in your hair for a long time after you apply it. The first few times I used it it made my hair thicker, fuller, and softer. Now, the last few times I used it I didn't have such successful results. It left my hair feeling gunky and weighed down. When I combed my hair after applying it a bunch of hair came out and it was all tangled. My hair was not soft, but actually a bit rough and brittle and when it finished drying it even looked a little dull. I'm not sure what happened with this product but I will be looking for a replacement leave in treatment ASAP as I am not very happy with this product now. Will not repurchase even though it is very cheap and I like the smell.

on 11/24/2009 5:03:00 PM

Let you hair air dry with this and it's beautiful very soft and wavy.
Too bad it has soooo much alcohol in it.
It will wreak havoc on your hair after too long same as any Pantene product.
It will make your hair feel amazing at first then it will dry you out something awful and leave you with split city on your head....any cosmetologist will tell you this. It's bad bad bad!
Sad though cause I liked it :(

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is absolutely awful,it leaves your hair dull,dry,frizzy,and tangled. On wet or dry hair,it doesnt matter,even if i used less or more. It smells nice though,a little bit like plastic rasberries. Not worth the curiosity.

on 10/1/2009 5:44:00 AM

I hate this stuff. It makes my hair sticky and gummy. I end up ripping out so much hair while blow-drying after using this. And I've given it sooooo many chances. I thought I'd used too much so I used less, that didn't work. So I used more and that didn't work. I tried it on the ends only, I tried it all over, I tried everything. I always got the same crappy results. No smoothing at all. My ends were left fluffy and frizzy. I hate the scent, which I liken to scented pantyliners. But I could overlook that if the product worked for me.

on 9/9/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

*First off, I have 'very' long, dark-blonde hair that is somewhere between fine/thick. I stand at 5'4 and my hair reaches the backs of my knees at it's longest point.

I've got a bottle of the Herbal Essences "Long Term Relationship" leave-in split end protector for long hair.
-I don't use it as often as I probably should as I get lazy or am in a hurry at times and just don't put it in.
I picked up my bottle for about $5 or less at a grocery store a few months ago. Originally bought it for another purpose altogether but it wasn't going to work for that purpose, so I decided to give it a try since I do have split ends. Again, I don't use this regularly and since I have my hair up so often, I haven't seen a big difference. But it smells very lovely.:)
-I apply it straight to my hair after I've showered and towel-dried. My hair is still quite damp, so I just lather a squirt or two between my hands and run my hands down the length of my hair near the bottom, making sure to run my fingers through repeatedly, and I also bunch my hair up in my hands in an effort to get product on as much hair as I can.

I haven't noticed any issues with oilyness or stiffness, in fact, my hair feels soft and silky to me after this stuff has dried and still smells delicious.:)

-I'd start out with just half a pump, a very small amount and go from there. You don't want to risk using too much and making your hair look greasy or anything like that.
You can use this stuff on dry hair, too, but I've only used it on my wet hair and left it to dry.

So far I haven't had any problems with the pump *knocks on wood*. I suspect others 'may' be having their problems due to product drying up in the pump and blocking the tube.

I need to start using this more regularly and monitoring my hair for any changes. So I may come back and update on this product in the future.

Oh, for reference...I use Tresemme's shampoo and conditioner (separately) and then this on top after rinsing both products out. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I get complimented on my hair almost every time I go out and have my hair down.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this while in london drugs about last month, I was looking for new products to try and I happened to pick this up. It was very cheap I paid about 2.99 for 180ml. I really like the smell of this product, it reminds me of the old herbal essences before they changed everything. It is very thick so you don't need a lot or you'll end up lookng greasy. The pump is great, although it can sometimes get clogged, but that is not a big deal. I use this leave-in after a shower, on pretty damp hair, I first apply my normal leave-in, and apply not even half a pump of long term relationship to the ends of my hair. I have noticed I haven't been getting as many split ends lately, but I am not sure if it is from this. I will repurchase this.