Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/21/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this leave in! I am currently transitioning and attempting to figure out what my hair likes best in order to ward off breakage at my new hair growth, after a henna dye on my hair NONE of my leave ins worked like they used to not Carols Daughter, and not even the Kiehls that I saved for weeks on my poor college student budget. I bought this on amazon based on several rave reviews on the curlynikki forums, and also because it was reasonably cheap and if it didn't work then I wouldn't have sunk to much money into it. I put it on my damp hair in sections and I felt a difference right away! my hair is softer and it became so much easier to finger comb, My relaxed ends and natural roots are playing along quite nicely now, and it makes the most gorgeous twist outs. The only thing is that it is heavier than what i'm used to and has a bit of a waxy residue, however the slip it gives your hair is worth it.

on 4/18/2011 12:26:00 AM

Maybe its just me but this product causes me tangles galore, something i havnt really ever had to deal with since i have straight fine asian hair that never frizzes or anything..its just long and straight.
This product just seems to be sort of gluey, it sits on my hair and causes it to knot and tangle and feel sticky.

The smell is nice, but not the nicest and not worth the tangles its giving me - causes more split ends if anything!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love the smell of this product! It smells so clean and fruity. I've noticed that when I use this product my hair is softer and bouncier. But this product is meant for your ends not the rest of your hair. A lot of people use this as a moisturizer but I think you should use another product for the rest of your hair especially if you have dry hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! This is by far my favorite leave in treatment. My hair is naturally curly but I do straighten it a lot. I always use this product on my hair the night before I straighten my hair. I will make sure to apply a generous amount throughout my hair, especially the ends. I then use a comb to evenly distribute it. The next morning I will just rinse this out of my hair, apply my heat protectants, blow dry, and straighten my hair. I have noticed that my hair is less damaged since I have started using this. This just shows me that great products don't have to be expensive. I bought this when it was on sale for $2.

on 6/28/2010 11:54:00 AM

First of all I have medium length Asian hair.I only use one pump and this keep all the frizz down and Makes my hair so silky and soft.This is a definite staple.

on 3/21/2009 2:04:00 PM

I really love this leave in!! I've tried many (Nexxus, Rusk) and this inexpensive little bottle does the trick for me. I have long (bsl relaxed and highlighted) hair, that can be a tad dry on the ends. I apply a couple pumps of this to towel dried hair and it not only moisturizes but helps to detangle. Too much will cause you to be a bit greasy. On my second bottle now...HG leave in!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Smells great and works pretty well.

on 12/1/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, let me say that I have very fine thin long hair, and it is extremely dry at the ends due to my perming it. I find that this product really moisturizes my hair. I apply it after I wash my hair. I towel dry it a little bit, but my hair is still pretty wet when I put in 2 or 3 pumps at the ends of my hair. It smells really good. The next day, my hair is always noticeably softer. I have tried applying it on when my hair is dry, it ends up feeling a little crunchy. so I would recommend putting this when your hair is wet. This is the first time I have tried a leave-in conditioner, so I am probably going to shop around before I repurchase this again. But I am very happy with this product. I took off one lippie because I do feel that my hair can be softer. My hair was very soft when I did not perm it. so this didn't completely reverse the effects.

on 11/18/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good leave-in conditioner that keep my hair soft at the end of the day. I am asian with thin fine hair that I occasionally straighten with the CHI but other than that my hair is in fairly good condition. As the day progresses, my roots tend to get oily and my ends a bit rough. In the winter, at the end of the day, my ends begins to feel a bit rough and tangled so I wanted a leave-in treatment that would keep my hair soft all day long. I tried this in 3 different ways.
1) I showered at night and the next morning as I got ready, I smoothed about 2 pumps worth of product into my hair. It didn't seem to "blend" into my hair. When you ran my fingers through my hair, it was obvious I had product in it. It didn't feel soft and smooth like I hoped. As the day passed on, the cream seem to have absorbed into my hair more and my hair felt softer.
2) I showered at night and before my hair dried, I put the product into my hair. When I woke up, my hair was pretty soft but there was still a hint of residue.
3) I showered at night and waited till my hair dried, and put the product in. Again, it was obvious that I had cream in my hair and the texture felt "funny". The next morning, my hair felt very smooth, was not obvious there was some kind of cream in my hair, and stayed that way for the rest of the day. :) Guess it takes a while for the cream to absorb into my hair.
So I guess option 3 went the best for me. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell. So heavenly. I want to try other leave-in treatments first before I decide if I would repurchase this one because I like to just put the product in the morning and have results right then and there, not wait a whole night. The reviews on the Herbal Essences Break's Over leave in conditioner is better so I think I'll try that one next (if i can find it!).

on 3/29/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I mostly liked this product...I bought it after seeing that it made another reviewer's hair dry more quickly. My hair takes anywhere from 25 minutes to over an hour to blow dry so I'm ready for anything that helps. For reference I'm half-Indian half Black with very very curly hair that I stopped relaxing about two years ago. I used the LTR shampoo and conditioner (which I found very difficult to rinse out), then mixed a small amount of this with a bit of Joico Relaxing Balm and combed through with my fingers. Then I pulled through a small amount of BioSilk oil. It didn't make my hair dry any faster, but I did notice when I was flatironing it afterward that it was a lot straighter and less frizzy than it usually is. The only problem is that my hair was extremely limp and lifeless. Usually I get great body day one and day two after washing (I wash my hair every 3-4 days) but this time I looked like a drowned rat. I was not impressed.
I think the root of the problem is one of two things; it may be because I put it all through my hair instead of just at the ends which is where I need extra moisture. or it may be because I wasn't able to rinse out all the conditioner and so there was just too much product. Next time I'm going to clarify my hair first, make sure I rinse out the conditioner, and apply this to my ends only and see how that turns out. I'll update this review after I do that...