Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my hair dull looking and it got tangled more easily.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Divine is the word to describe this leave-in conditioner by Herbal Essences. The smell is so pleasant and the consistency is great. This leave in conditioner makes my ends feel so soft and moisturized. I don't always use a conditioner because I have oily, thin hair but using this leave-in makes me hair so soft, smelling good and smooth. Definite re-purchase for me :)

on 5/3/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product has an allure I can't deny.
I apply it to my hair while dry and really focus on the ends. Then I take a round brush or boar bristle to distribute it. It smells incredible, I just want to bury my nose in my hair. It's like hair lotion and the real "softness" actually doesn't become apparent until a few uses and generally more by the next day. But it's totally worth it! Use sparingly at first to figure out how much you need - a little goes a long way.

I do use it on wet hair too, but I think the added moisture of wet hair thins the product out - better method for thin hair types, mine is coarse and thick.

on 4/18/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! Quenched my strands after the Pantene Beautiful Lengths dried out my ends :( Hair feels soft and silky the next day when I wash it, (yes, I wash my hair everyday)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this product. It takes me forever to finish the whole thing which is great because I won't have to go out and buy this very often, it smells great and I also feel that it protects my hair from a lot of split ends (I wash and blow dry my hair everyday and I also haven't cut my hair in 8 months). Although it has some awesome perks, there are the downsides as well. I don't really like putting cream products in my hair when its dry so I massage it into the ends of my hair and blow dry until its 70% dry, but as the day goes on, i feel like the product kind of clumps together and the ends of my hair are in several chunks rather than.. well, separated like hair should be.. And also, since the packaging is in a pump, it's not that handy to travel with but I would rather have it in a pump than a jar. But all in all, definitely repurchasing.

I thought that for the price, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Conditioner is pretty handy and I love it. It's just around 3 dollars a bottle and that bottle lasts a very very long time. A little goes a long way. I wrote a review about it on my website at www.ambersweet.net a while back and it's pretty detailed as I could go on about this product for days. When is it best? Coming out of a swimming pool your hair will feel like it hasn't just been slapped across the "face" with chlorine.

on 2/13/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Dear Clairol: This is your last chance. You discontinued Renewal 5X leave-in, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Detangling Spray, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Break's Over Shampoo, which I grew to REALLY love. All of those worked beautifully and made my long, fine, straight hair look and feel silky, healthy, and soft. I have found no acceptable alternative to any of these which fits my budget.

Long Term Relationship Leave-in is a fair substitute for Renewal 5X; it can be a little waxy, and if I get just the right amount on my air-dried hair it will look reasonably good, but I can't use it every day because it's kinda heavy. Nonetheless, I do like it. Therefore, I warn you: if you discontinue this, I am done with you - period, end of sentence, DONE. WITH. YOU.

Govern yourself accordingly.

Yours, etc.,
Z

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this on sale expecting to hate it, but for $2 I figured it was worth a try. It definitely was! My hair is super dry from bleaching and coloring repeatedly. At first I thought this was going to feel slimy because it's so thick; but it soaks in like a dream.

on 12/24/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells SOOO good! Just like raspberries! I have really long waist length hair and I can only put in 2 squirts otherwise it gets kind of crunchy so I know it is going to last a long time. Unfortunately after a day I can't smell it anymore :( I havn't tried putting it on dry hair yet. I havn't had any split ends since using this so it must be doing its job!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.