Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my hair dull looking and it got tangled more easily.

on 5/3/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product has an allure I can't deny.
I apply it to my hair while dry and really focus on the ends. Then I take a round brush or boar bristle to distribute it. It smells incredible, I just want to bury my nose in my hair. It's like hair lotion and the real "softness" actually doesn't become apparent until a few uses and generally more by the next day. But it's totally worth it! Use sparingly at first to figure out how much you need - a little goes a long way.

I do use it on wet hair too, but I think the added moisture of wet hair thins the product out - better method for thin hair types, mine is coarse and thick.

I thought that for the price, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Conditioner is pretty handy and I love it. It's just around 3 dollars a bottle and that bottle lasts a very very long time. A little goes a long way. I wrote a review about it on my website at www.ambersweet.net a while back and it's pretty detailed as I could go on about this product for days. When is it best? Coming out of a swimming pool your hair will feel like it hasn't just been slapped across the "face" with chlorine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
smells nice, like raspberries
easy to use pump
cheap

Cons:
VERY waxy, leaves hair sticky and coated. Tangles it and does not moisturize. I would NEVER buy this stuff again. I really wanted to like this but it does nothing for my wavy, dry hair :(

on 5/27/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I try others, but always come back to this! It has the right consistency, the right fragrance and works just right every time. I can use it right after showering or even just before my hair is completely dry. It calms the frizzies and flyaways and protects my hair from the humidity. Leaves my wavy hair soft, shiny, and managable. When I downsize the overgrowth of products on my shelf, I chuck the others and keep this....very telling!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty ordinary leave-in treatment. However, out of all of the leave-in conditioners, anti-frizz creams, and leave-in treatments I've used, I like this one a lot. It's not bad for a fairly cheap product. It reduces my frizz when I apply it, and I like the fact that it is doing something good for my hair. I've had some leave-ins that just sit on the surface and weigh my hair down. I hair does feel much softer with this on, and I think, with continued use, it can really help your hair.
It also doesn't hurt that it smells nice! I clicked "yes" for repurchasing this, although I don't know yet if I will. I like to experiment with hair products, so I will probably find something else that catches my hair. But I would still keep this in consideration of course!

on 2/22/2011 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is an excellent creme leave in. I love that it has a pump unlike some of the other leave-in that Herbal Essences had. It works really well at keeping my hair tamed, no static and minimal fly-aways even if I let my hair air dry. The only negative is if I blow dry my hair it sometimes knots up when I go to brush it, but once I brush any knots out it remains untangled for the rest of the day, so probably more the blowdrying technique. I love the way this smells also, I wish it lingered longer.

Update: 10/25/11: When I had my hair cut the other day my hairdresser noticed how dry my ends were, and usually my hair is so healthy. I am going to try some other leave-in products that might do more to moisturize/protect my hair.