Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this product. It takes me forever to finish the whole thing which is great because I won't have to go out and buy this very often, it smells great and I also feel that it protects my hair from a lot of split ends (I wash and blow dry my hair everyday and I also haven't cut my hair in 8 months). Although it has some awesome perks, there are the downsides as well. I don't really like putting cream products in my hair when its dry so I massage it into the ends of my hair and blow dry until its 70% dry, but as the day goes on, i feel like the product kind of clumps together and the ends of my hair are in several chunks rather than.. well, separated like hair should be.. And also, since the packaging is in a pump, it's not that handy to travel with but I would rather have it in a pump than a jar. But all in all, definitely repurchasing.

on 2/13/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Dear Clairol: This is your last chance. You discontinued Renewal 5X leave-in, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Detangling Spray, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Break's Over Shampoo, which I grew to REALLY love. All of those worked beautifully and made my long, fine, straight hair look and feel silky, healthy, and soft. I have found no acceptable alternative to any of these which fits my budget.

Long Term Relationship Leave-in is a fair substitute for Renewal 5X; it can be a little waxy, and if I get just the right amount on my air-dried hair it will look reasonably good, but I can't use it every day because it's kinda heavy. Nonetheless, I do like it. Therefore, I warn you: if you discontinue this, I am done with you - period, end of sentence, DONE. WITH. YOU.

Govern yourself accordingly.

Yours, etc.,
Z

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on sale expecting to hate it, but for $2 I figured it was worth a try. It definitely was! My hair is super dry from bleaching and coloring repeatedly. At first I thought this was going to feel slimy because it's so thick; but it soaks in like a dream.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I use it as a leave-in conditioner almost daily, and it's probably one of my favorite products. The smell is absolutely addictive, so that's a plus. When I apply it to my damp hair, it makes my hair so incredibly soft. I'm trying to grow my hair out, so the silk proteins will definitely help with that.

My only issue is that it did TERRIBLY when I've tried to apply this to dry hair. It made my hair feel rather dry afterwards, which I found odd. I guess it just works best on damp hair.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Absolute love for this product! I got this as a bonus when I bought the Long Term Relationship shampoo, and since then I cannot do without it. I'm going into my 8th month without a trim, and there is not a single split end in my hair. My friends even notice how good my hair looks and comment on its lovely smell, all thanks to this. I use one pump to rub through my ends after I wash my hair, and the scent stays throughout the entire day. Definitely an essential for me now, I plan on repurchasing over and over again.

on 4/9/2011 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this! This is the first time I've ever used a leave-in conditioner and I'm so glad I did! Before I started using this, my hair was wavy and frizzy and all over the place, but as soon as I started wearing this leave-in conditioner, my hair was straight, smooth, and not at all frizzy (and I live in a very dry climate where there's winter in May!). I section my hair in two and I use the conditioner on one side first and then the other so that I can get the conditioner everywhere on my ends.

on 3/13/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Smells amazing. Kind of reminds me of the chi silk infusion thing. It leaves my hair smooth and soft . But I feel like I don't really see the difference because I still have a lot of split ends! I still like using it though ! For the price it's not bad!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes, I would definitely buy this product again! I love it so much! I have long hair the longest point to the small of my back and there is a noticeable difference when I use this product vs. no product at all. I apply it on my damp hair and smooth it down the length of it concentrating on the ends and then blowdry. I can feel how soft my hair is when I'm blowdrying. This product is cheap too, I think I purchased it for around $4 at Target. The whole line of Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship is superb and smells so sweet and tart.

on 6/28/2010 11:54:00 AM

First of all I have medium length Asian hair.I only use one pump and this keep all the frizz down and Makes my hair so silky and soft.This is a definite staple.