Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I thought that for the price, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Conditioner is pretty handy and I love it. It's just around 3 dollars a bottle and that bottle lasts a very very long time. A little goes a long way. I wrote a review about it on my website at www.ambersweet.net a while back and it's pretty detailed as I could go on about this product for days. When is it best? Coming out of a swimming pool your hair will feel like it hasn't just been slapped across the "face" with chlorine.

on 2/21/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this leave in! I am currently transitioning and attempting to figure out what my hair likes best in order to ward off breakage at my new hair growth, after a henna dye on my hair NONE of my leave ins worked like they used to not Carols Daughter, and not even the Kiehls that I saved for weeks on my poor college student budget. I bought this on amazon based on several rave reviews on the curlynikki forums, and also because it was reasonably cheap and if it didn't work then I wouldn't have sunk to much money into it. I put it on my damp hair in sections and I felt a difference right away! my hair is softer and it became so much easier to finger comb, My relaxed ends and natural roots are playing along quite nicely now, and it makes the most gorgeous twist outs. The only thing is that it is heavier than what i'm used to and has a bit of a waxy residue, however the slip it gives your hair is worth it.

on 2/13/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Dear Clairol: This is your last chance. You discontinued Renewal 5X leave-in, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Citrus Lift Detangling Spray, which I loved; you discontinued Herbal Essences Break's Over Shampoo, which I grew to REALLY love. All of those worked beautifully and made my long, fine, straight hair look and feel silky, healthy, and soft. I have found no acceptable alternative to any of these which fits my budget.

Long Term Relationship Leave-in is a fair substitute for Renewal 5X; it can be a little waxy, and if I get just the right amount on my air-dried hair it will look reasonably good, but I can't use it every day because it's kinda heavy. Nonetheless, I do like it. Therefore, I warn you: if you discontinue this, I am done with you - period, end of sentence, DONE. WITH. YOU.

Govern yourself accordingly.

Yours, etc.,
Z

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is pretty much the only hair care product that I've ever repurchased, save for Zero Frizz 100% Rescue Corrective hair serum. I thought this leave-in had been discontinued, as I had not seen it in months, but I found it at Walmart yesterday in a newly designed bottle, so yay. This is my third bottle and whenever I used this in conjunction with Zero Frizz, my hair was less damaged and split. It's cheap and it smells good, not like raspberries though. It also is the only product to make my crunchy, dried ends feel soft. Love it. For reference I have curly, dyed, dry, split and broken hair.

on 1/1/2012 9:42:00 AM

I have curly semi dead hair, and I bought this because I love the conditioner and it was only two dollars. I actually really like it, it smells good, works pretty good, and the pump makes it easy to grab some and go. It also lasts a loong time

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.

This product is GREAT for split ends. And, I'm definitely repurchasing. I had a BUNCH of split ends, I started using this, and I saw less split ends in a few weeks. This is great. Definitely recommend it. :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I was pretty skeptical about how this would work for my relaxed hair but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. It sufficiently moisturized my hair and makes it sooo soft. I know that partly is due to the fact that it contains silicone but I personally prefer a product that contains some silicone because it tames my frizz and makes my hair managable. This also smells reallly good, I got compliments from my boyfriend about how great my hair smelled after applying this to my hair. I use this daily, my only negative critisim about this is how small the bottle is, I used 1 bottle in like 3 weeks which is quick for me, which is the reason I gave this 4 out of 5. But overall this is a great find!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I use it as a leave-in conditioner almost daily, and it's probably one of my favorite products. The smell is absolutely addictive, so that's a plus. When I apply it to my damp hair, it makes my hair so incredibly soft. I'm trying to grow my hair out, so the silk proteins will definitely help with that.

My only issue is that it did TERRIBLY when I've tried to apply this to dry hair. It made my hair feel rather dry afterwards, which I found odd. I guess it just works best on damp hair.