Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on sale expecting to hate it, but for $2 I figured it was worth a try. It definitely was! My hair is super dry from bleaching and coloring repeatedly. At first I thought this was going to feel slimy because it's so thick; but it soaks in like a dream.

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.

on 9/2/2011 10:46:00 PM

I like this alot! This product smells really good but very strong. When i use this i focus on the ends because it is a split end protecter/healer. I noticed a difference in my natural hair within two weeks. also my ends were extremely soft when i put heat on my hair. I could tell my hair shaft was healing up while using this. I only use one pump and I have medium length hair. It works well but with constant use i am afraid that my hair has gotton use to the wonders on this product so i am going to only use it five times a week now in hope that my hair will grow un-used to it. hope this helped!

on 3/13/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Smells amazing. Kind of reminds me of the chi silk infusion thing. It leaves my hair smooth and soft . But I feel like I don't really see the difference because I still have a lot of split ends! I still like using it though ! For the price it's not bad!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this. I have tried about a million leave-in creams, high-end to low-end, and this has turned out to be my favorite. It moisturizes my curly, fine hair perfectly with just a pea-sized amount and does not weigh my hair down or build-up. It detangles like a dream. It does not have any hold at all though, so I add a dot of TiGi Foxy Curls Contour Cream on top of this, and my hair stays soft and frizz-free. I have already repurchased (I also like the Long-Term Relationship Shampoo and Conditioner - and I never thought I would use another drugstore shampoo/conditioner again, Clairol really has impressed me with this line, hope they make it forever.).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the hair mask one in the tub. I've found it really good for my split ends as they are usually dry and tangly after I wash my hair but after using the treatment they are smooth and don't tangle at all. Just don't apply it to your scalp if you have oily hair, only your ends. i love this product and it leaves your hair smelling lovely :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this while in london drugs about last month, I was looking for new products to try and I happened to pick this up. It was very cheap I paid about 2.99 for 180ml. I really like the smell of this product, it reminds me of the old herbal essences before they changed everything. It is very thick so you don't need a lot or you'll end up lookng greasy. The pump is great, although it can sometimes get clogged, but that is not a big deal. I use this leave-in after a shower, on pretty damp hair, I first apply my normal leave-in, and apply not even half a pump of long term relationship to the ends of my hair. I have noticed I haven't been getting as many split ends lately, but I am not sure if it is from this. I will repurchase this.

I wasn't a fan of this product. I bought it to use as a protectant when straightening and it really weighed my hair down and made it feel sort of sticky and I only used one pump each time I used it, so it wasn't just me over-using the product. However, it smells amazing and it did add pretty fantastic shine.

on 11/12/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm torn. It does moisturize, which is nice, but this stuff is also super heavy, with the texture of a thick lotion - a body lotion formulated for very dry skin. In my hand it feels rich and goopy and a little sticky. The fragrance is strong, persistant, and to me smells like every other herbal essence product - it's a smell I could frankly go without experiencing again for the rest of my days. This may be a personal quirk, though, as others find it pleasant enough.

On a side note, I'm also a little annoyed by HE's habit (not exclusive to this brand, of course) of promoting "special" ingredients on the front label that are (1) almost never present in any efficacious amount, and (2) clearly useless anyway. Raspberry extract, I'm looking at you. How are you supposed to help my hair do anything other than smell like a Jamba Juice, again? And having "satin" in the ingredients: really, now.

So I'll try applying this to soaking wet hair like another reviewer suggested, but as of now when I apply it to the ends of my damp or (heaven forbid) dry hair, it just feels heavy and dull and not very sexy. Also, the pump on mine quit working. Will finish out the bottle, but there are so many other nice leave-ins out there that I don't see myself going on a second date with this one.

on 9/15/2008 12:23:00 PM

Yikes...this is not for fine hair. I have fine, medium shoulder length hair and no matter how little of this stuff I use, it always leaves me a greasy mess. I literally have tried using just a dab but it's just way too greasy for me.