Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/3/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product has an allure I can't deny.
I apply it to my hair while dry and really focus on the ends. Then I take a round brush or boar bristle to distribute it. It smells incredible, I just want to bury my nose in my hair. It's like hair lotion and the real "softness" actually doesn't become apparent until a few uses and generally more by the next day. But it's totally worth it! Use sparingly at first to figure out how much you need - a little goes a long way.

I do use it on wet hair too, but I think the added moisture of wet hair thins the product out - better method for thin hair types, mine is coarse and thick.

I thought that for the price, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Conditioner is pretty handy and I love it. It's just around 3 dollars a bottle and that bottle lasts a very very long time. A little goes a long way. I wrote a review about it on my website at www.ambersweet.net a while back and it's pretty detailed as I could go on about this product for days. When is it best? Coming out of a swimming pool your hair will feel like it hasn't just been slapped across the "face" with chlorine.

I've been using this product for about a year now and it's pretty good. It smells great and it does help to keep my ends hydrated but I still do get split ends. It's an average leave-in conditioner, nothing special, but it gets the job done for me

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

on 12/24/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells SOOO good! Just like raspberries! I have really long waist length hair and I can only put in 2 squirts otherwise it gets kind of crunchy so I know it is going to last a long time. Unfortunately after a day I can't smell it anymore :( I havn't tried putting it on dry hair yet. I havn't had any split ends since using this so it must be doing its job!

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.

on 7/13/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have rebought this product a few times now. I'm a curly girl, and I know cones are bad for me, but I just LOVE this stuff, and my hair does too!

No cones makes my hair VERY frizzy, so a little is good. The smell is wonderful, and it makes my hair feel soft and touchable.

While the shampoo and conditioner is a little bleh for me, this works very well. I will continue to repurchase, as long as it doesn't change. The packaging is a BIT of a pain. The bottle is very small, and I go through it pretty quickly. I'd like a bigger size. Also, it gets clogged easily, and I can never tell until a little squirt comes gushing out of the nozzle. Like a water gun!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I use it as a leave-in conditioner almost daily, and it's probably one of my favorite products. The smell is absolutely addictive, so that's a plus. When I apply it to my damp hair, it makes my hair so incredibly soft. I'm trying to grow my hair out, so the silk proteins will definitely help with that.

My only issue is that it did TERRIBLY when I've tried to apply this to dry hair. It made my hair feel rather dry afterwards, which I found odd. I guess it just works best on damp hair.

The scent isn't bad...just raspberries. Doesn't last in my hair. I was worried about it weighing my har down, but I just use it to smooth the ends of my waves, and no problems! I used this both when I flat ironed it, and my ends felt nice and smooth, and when i air dried, it was defined, soft, and significantly lss frizzy. I don't see myself running out of this anytime soon, as I don't need to use that much, but I will repurchase when I run out.