Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I hated it! I was really looking forward to liking it b/c of all the reviews i have read on the hair forums. The smell drove me crazy and the product is sticky. Not to mention, it is NOT moisturizing at all. I wish i still had the receipt so i can return it but i cant find it:( BOO! I like that the product has a pump on it but everything else..i hated

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use this, the split end protector, on mine and my little girl hair. So far so good. I use it moisturize before I seal our hair. Her hair is natural and mine is relaxed. Hers have to be applied every night, while I sometimes skip a day or two because it can be a little heavy even when I use very little. But its not bad. It smells great too. Have been using it for about a month now. I would by this again or until I find something better.

EDITED ....
After going out and repurchasing this leave and using it I immediately felt a difference. Then I did some research on the web and found out on YouTube that the formula was changed! I see why my hair felt so dry! I am not repurchasing. In the store I saw that they had changed the bottle on us but if I had looked at the back of the bottle and saw the ingredients I would have not purchased this. Big disappointment. And to be honest I don't even know if the old version had so much alcohol but I know its better than this junk!

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I was pretty skeptical about how this would work for my relaxed hair but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. It sufficiently moisturized my hair and makes it sooo soft. I know that partly is due to the fact that it contains silicone but I personally prefer a product that contains some silicone because it tames my frizz and makes my hair managable. This also smells reallly good, I got compliments from my boyfriend about how great my hair smelled after applying this to my hair. I use this daily, my only negative critisim about this is how small the bottle is, I used 1 bottle in like 3 weeks which is quick for me, which is the reason I gave this 4 out of 5. But overall this is a great find!

on 11/15/2010 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

It gets the job done for like a day, but is NOT ultra moisturizing like my Sunsilk 24/7 leave in creme.

on 9/9/2009 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

*First off, I have 'very' long, dark-blonde hair that is somewhere between fine/thick. I stand at 5'4 and my hair reaches the backs of my knees at it's longest point.

I've got a bottle of the Herbal Essences "Long Term Relationship" leave-in split end protector for long hair.
-I don't use it as often as I probably should as I get lazy or am in a hurry at times and just don't put it in.
I picked up my bottle for about $5 or less at a grocery store a few months ago. Originally bought it for another purpose altogether but it wasn't going to work for that purpose, so I decided to give it a try since I do have split ends. Again, I don't use this regularly and since I have my hair up so often, I haven't seen a big difference. But it smells very lovely.:)
-I apply it straight to my hair after I've showered and towel-dried. My hair is still quite damp, so I just lather a squirt or two between my hands and run my hands down the length of my hair near the bottom, making sure to run my fingers through repeatedly, and I also bunch my hair up in my hands in an effort to get product on as much hair as I can.

I haven't noticed any issues with oilyness or stiffness, in fact, my hair feels soft and silky to me after this stuff has dried and still smells delicious.:)

-I'd start out with just half a pump, a very small amount and go from there. You don't want to risk using too much and making your hair look greasy or anything like that.
You can use this stuff on dry hair, too, but I've only used it on my wet hair and left it to dry.

So far I haven't had any problems with the pump *knocks on wood*. I suspect others 'may' be having their problems due to product drying up in the pump and blocking the tube.

I need to start using this more regularly and monitoring my hair for any changes. So I may come back and update on this product in the future.

Oh, for reference...I use Tresemme's shampoo and conditioner (separately) and then this on top after rinsing both products out. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I get complimented on my hair almost every time I go out and have my hair down.