Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 8/6/2009 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, this is a 'split end preventer' seems a little like a glorified leave in, but it does make my hair very soft and silky. I use three pumps on my chin length hair (my hair is dyed and heat styled so I always load up on leave ins and heat protectants) but it never makes my hair sticky or oily. I would buy again simply because of how silky it leaves my hair. EDIT, after several uses, even with clarifying, it seemed to make my hair very sticky and stiff, even when only using a little bit

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my hair dull looking and it got tangled more easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Pros:
smells nice, like raspberries
easy to use pump
cheap

Cons:
VERY waxy, leaves hair sticky and coated. Tangles it and does not moisturize. I would NEVER buy this stuff again. I really wanted to like this but it does nothing for my wavy, dry hair :(

This leave in does smell good but oh my goodness it is so bad for my hair.

I always used a small amount and no matter what it left an oily film on my scalp.It dried out my hair and made it more tangley when my hair was completely dried. I doubt it did anything to prevent split ends.

Not to mention that Herbal Essences has been named one of the worst drugstore hair care products you can use for your hair..

I won't be buying this again.

I loved this line when I first started using it. *IF* you're going to continue using this line then you must have a deep cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for daily use because it tends to leave a thick residue on your scalp and hair. Which is why I don't tend to use this anymore and wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty ordinary leave-in treatment. However, out of all of the leave-in conditioners, anti-frizz creams, and leave-in treatments I've used, I like this one a lot. It's not bad for a fairly cheap product. It reduces my frizz when I apply it, and I like the fact that it is doing something good for my hair. I've had some leave-ins that just sit on the surface and weigh my hair down. I hair does feel much softer with this on, and I think, with continued use, it can really help your hair.
It also doesn't hurt that it smells nice! I clicked "yes" for repurchasing this, although I don't know yet if I will. I like to experiment with hair products, so I will probably find something else that catches my hair. But I would still keep this in consideration of course!

on 4/10/2010 11:24:00 PM

It smells delicious, I think smell is really important because it's what YOU will smell like after you put it in your hair. I think that's the only thing I like about this product. It's not that moisturizing and I find it a bit thick. After I put it in, it felt like I didn't wash my hair because it made my hair feel weighed down.