Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 5/15/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to admit, I am a die hard high end type girl. But this is definitely a exception. I tried this a year or so ago at my daughter's when I forgot my own leave-in and it was amazing. Always leaves my long almost waist length, always coloured hair easy to comb through, super soft and super slinky. Never builds up, Still fabulous the next day (important since I only wash every second day). Great stuff, have purchased over and over again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I normally don't use leave in conditioners. They either do nothing or coat your hair and weigh it down. However, I bought this leave in because I liked the coordinating shampoo and conditioner so much. I am glad I did. It smells great, like raspberries. It doesn't weight my hair down and seems to help with smoothness and comb out. It doesn't feel sticky or goopy on your hair either. I have to admit I turned my nose up at Herbal Essences for the longest time, thinking it was a cheap drugstore product. I really was missing out because the Long Term Relationship line gives results better than many salon lines.

on 5/3/2013 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product has an allure I can't deny.
I apply it to my hair while dry and really focus on the ends. Then I take a round brush or boar bristle to distribute it. It smells incredible, I just want to bury my nose in my hair. It's like hair lotion and the real "softness" actually doesn't become apparent until a few uses and generally more by the next day. But it's totally worth it! Use sparingly at first to figure out how much you need - a little goes a long way.

I do use it on wet hair too, but I think the added moisture of wet hair thins the product out - better method for thin hair types, mine is coarse and thick.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is pretty good, but nothing special. It smells great, and it's good for just smoothing out your hair and getting rid of frizz! As far as split end protection, it doesn't prevent them slightly, but not that amazingly (I still do get some split ends). Any normal leave in conditioner does almost as good of a job. The annoying thing is that i can only use this when my hair is wet - otherwise, my hair is left really greasy. Having a spray for split ends would be more convenient, since I could use it on the days I don't wash my hair. The price of this was $6 at Shoppers Drug Mart, which compared to other drugstore leave in conditioners isn't great. I'll use this up, and I might buy it again if it's on sale, since it does make a little bit more of a difference to split ends then just a normal leave in conditioner.

The new formula STINKS (literally). I have used this product for years now, and I am seriously considering switching after this tube is finished. I loved the old fruity scent! The new one smells too perfumey and fake, and makes me feel like I'll have a reaction to it. It also doesn't leave my hair as soft as the old stuff used to. I have yet to see any difference in the effectiveness as far as split ends go, but I just got a major haircut to get rid of all of those.
Overall, this used to be one of my favorites, but I no longer like it now that the company changed the formula.

Edit: I ended up having a very bad nasal allergy to the new scent and had to discontinue using this.

on 5/27/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I try others, but always come back to this! It has the right consistency, the right fragrance and works just right every time. I can use it right after showering or even just before my hair is completely dry. It calms the frizzies and flyaways and protects my hair from the humidity. Leaves my wavy hair soft, shiny, and managable. When I downsize the overgrowth of products on my shelf, I chuck the others and keep this....very telling!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have searched high and low for a good but cheap cream type leave-in conditioner. I stopped trying and just used Pantene spray because every leave in I tried left my hair feeling to heavy, greasy or dull looking no matter how lightly I appled it. I bought this on a whim for around $3.00 and LOVE IT!! I have used it daily for a week and have had no problems with it feeling heavy or greasy. I apply 1 or 2 pumps to towel dried hair after my Pantene spray( which I will never give up), comb through, let my hair air dry and it is always soft and smooth never heavy or dull looking. I do clarify once or twice a week, generally use heavier moisturizing shampoos and conditioners and I have long dry/damaged colortreated hair pone to splits. Plus this stuff is cute- its pink and smells really good!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my hair dull looking and it got tangled more easily.

I thought that for the price, Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Conditioner is pretty handy and I love it. It's just around 3 dollars a bottle and that bottle lasts a very very long time. A little goes a long way. I wrote a review about it on my website at www.ambersweet.net a while back and it's pretty detailed as I could go on about this product for days. When is it best? Coming out of a swimming pool your hair will feel like it hasn't just been slapped across the "face" with chlorine.

on 10/22/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is comparable to what John Frieda's secret weapon does for way less money. Basically I use it if I have frizzy ends.

It isn't "as good" as secret weapon. A bit more sticky, texture is less pleasant and harder to distribute. But the price difference makes this a product worth buying.

I only use it on dry hair. A similar "dirt cheap" product that is better for blow drying wet hair is Garnier's leave in conditioner. Leaves it way softer and smoother at the ends.