Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I normally don't use leave in conditioners. They either do nothing or coat your hair and weigh it down. However, I bought this leave in because I liked the coordinating shampoo and conditioner so much. I am glad I did. It smells great, like raspberries. It doesn't weight my hair down and seems to help with smoothness and comb out. It doesn't feel sticky or goopy on your hair either. I have to admit I turned my nose up at Herbal Essences for the longest time, thinking it was a cheap drugstore product. I really was missing out because the Long Term Relationship line gives results better than many salon lines.

on 2/18/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty good leave in conditoner, it smells really nice. It's really thick and makes your hair smooth and silky. I am just not too sure if it stops split ends.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have searched high and low for a good but cheap cream type leave-in conditioner. I stopped trying and just used Pantene spray because every leave in I tried left my hair feeling to heavy, greasy or dull looking no matter how lightly I appled it. I bought this on a whim for around $3.00 and LOVE IT!! I have used it daily for a week and have had no problems with it feeling heavy or greasy. I apply 1 or 2 pumps to towel dried hair after my Pantene spray( which I will never give up), comb through, let my hair air dry and it is always soft and smooth never heavy or dull looking. I do clarify once or twice a week, generally use heavier moisturizing shampoos and conditioners and I have long dry/damaged colortreated hair pone to splits. Plus this stuff is cute- its pink and smells really good!

on 3/28/2009 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this to protect my fine wavy hair when I'm straightening it. I use 2-3 pumps and it makes my hair soft, shiny, protected and it smells amazing. It also works well to prevent fly-aways. When I want to give my hair a break from blow drying, I scrunch some of this in my hair and let it air dry. It looks amazing and my curls are so defined!

on 8/6/2009 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, this is a 'split end preventer' seems a little like a glorified leave in, but it does make my hair very soft and silky. I use three pumps on my chin length hair (my hair is dyed and heat styled so I always load up on leave ins and heat protectants) but it never makes my hair sticky or oily. I would buy again simply because of how silky it leaves my hair. EDIT, after several uses, even with clarifying, it seemed to make my hair very sticky and stiff, even when only using a little bit

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this while in london drugs about last month, I was looking for new products to try and I happened to pick this up. It was very cheap I paid about 2.99 for 180ml. I really like the smell of this product, it reminds me of the old herbal essences before they changed everything. It is very thick so you don't need a lot or you'll end up lookng greasy. The pump is great, although it can sometimes get clogged, but that is not a big deal. I use this leave-in after a shower, on pretty damp hair, I first apply my normal leave-in, and apply not even half a pump of long term relationship to the ends of my hair. I have noticed I haven't been getting as many split ends lately, but I am not sure if it is from this. I will repurchase this.

This smells SO nice. I can't stop smelling my hair after I put this in. I definitely notice an improvement in dry/split ends after using this, but I think this is one of those products that hides split ends by "gluing" them together to create the illusion of healthy hair. I'm not sure if it actually makes your hair healthier or how much it protects against future split ends. It leaves your hair a littttle bit sticky if you use it on dry hair (instead of wet hair), but the stickiness brushes right out. I do like this product and would buy it again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Good leave in conditioner-makes my hair feel thicker and more moisturized, but don't use it unless my hair is wet because it makes it more greasy. When used on wet hair and blowdried it makes it less frizzy

I loved this line when I first started using it. *IF* you're going to continue using this line then you must have a deep cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for daily use because it tends to leave a thick residue on your scalp and hair. Which is why I don't tend to use this anymore and wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I used the Long Term Relationship leave in conditioner for one month straight and my nappy hair and split ends don't feel as dry and damaged. My hair feels a lot healthier. This is some good stuff, it is also good to use for those days you don't wash your hair and you don't want your head to smell like "head sweat" (ahem, like mayonnaise. Gross, I know!). This stuff smells amazing!!