Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

on 11/12/2008 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm torn. It does moisturize, which is nice, but this stuff is also super heavy, with the texture of a thick lotion - a body lotion formulated for very dry skin. In my hand it feels rich and goopy and a little sticky. The fragrance is strong, persistant, and to me smells like every other herbal essence product - it's a smell I could frankly go without experiencing again for the rest of my days. This may be a personal quirk, though, as others find it pleasant enough.

On a side note, I'm also a little annoyed by HE's habit (not exclusive to this brand, of course) of promoting "special" ingredients on the front label that are (1) almost never present in any efficacious amount, and (2) clearly useless anyway. Raspberry extract, I'm looking at you. How are you supposed to help my hair do anything other than smell like a Jamba Juice, again? And having "satin" in the ingredients: really, now.

So I'll try applying this to soaking wet hair like another reviewer suggested, but as of now when I apply it to the ends of my damp or (heaven forbid) dry hair, it just feels heavy and dull and not very sexy. Also, the pump on mine quit working. Will finish out the bottle, but there are so many other nice leave-ins out there that I don't see myself going on a second date with this one.

My HG leave in conditioner . Love this stuff. I can see why it would be a lil much on thin or straight hair but my curly hair eats this up. I LOVE IT so much. My only thing is that I can go through one bottle in like 14 days.Like.... make a bigger bottle already!

on 3/5/2009 6:13:00 PM

this product smells amazing! very "grown up," feminine kind of scent.

it works better than i expected. i'd recommend. mostly for it's scent though.

by the way, if you use too much, your hair might feel a bit heavy and greasy. one or two pumps should do.

on 3/21/2009 2:04:00 PM

I really love this leave in!! I've tried many (Nexxus, Rusk) and this inexpensive little bottle does the trick for me. I have long (bsl relaxed and highlighted) hair, that can be a tad dry on the ends. I apply a couple pumps of this to towel dried hair and it not only moisturizes but helps to detangle. Too much will cause you to be a bit greasy. On my second bottle now...HG leave in!!