Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/12/2008 4:40:00 PM

So, it took me forever to find this complete line in a store...This leave-in is always sold out! However, now that I've found it (at Walgreens, in case anyone else is having trouble finding it), I love it. First, it has a pump, which I like. It only takes a little bit to work through the ends of my hair. While it's mainly intended to protect your ends from splitting (long hair gets much drier and damaged at the ends), I typically run any excess left on my hands through the rest of my hair. Then, style as usual. Obviously this won't repair split ends...Only a haircut can do that, but my ragged tips are looking much more smooth for now. It'll help me look better until I can get in for a cut, and after that, hopefully prevent more damage. Also, smells great and is cheap.

It took me forever to find this, which is pretty funny when you consider how much they have been advertising for it. I love Hello Hydration and since they don't make a corresponding leave-in with that variety I was hoping to find the Break's Over leave-in...But it was absolutely nowhere to be found. In fact the only HE leave in I could find anywhere was the Long Term Relationship leave-in (I found it at Target) so I figured I would try it instead. The bottle is smaller than I would have expected, especially when we're talking about a product aimed at people with a LOT of hair. Also curious for a product aimed at people with prized lengths: It has a ton of alcohol in it. I believe it lists 3 different types. I've been rubbing it in my hands hoping that it will evaporate. Also, it doesn't really smell like raspberries. It smells like the old Herbal Essences shampoo used to....And back then they claimed it was supposed to smell like roses. It smells good, just not like you would expect. I wasn't really expecting a miracle product but I'm kind of wondering if they thought at all before they put this stuff out. I'll give it a chance for now because I haven't been using it for very long, but I'm kind of nervous about it.
Update: This leaves my hair tangled and dirty feeling. It doesn't seem to be improving my hair whatsoever. I have gotten compliments on the scent, however.

on 2/16/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I chemically relax my hair and set my hair on rollers after each wash. I am always on the lookout for leave ins that help me detangle my hair and leave it soft and managable until the next wash. This one is PERFECT! My hair feels moisturized and still holds a curl. This is out performing other leave ins that cost 6x a much money. Great deal!

Makes my hair soft, but doesn't weigh it down..It only takes a little bit.

This stuff is great.
I tried to find the entire line of this product but only found the shampoo and this leave-in. I used Strictly Curls conditioner by Marc Anthony instead of the LTR conditioner.

This leave-in replaced my regular leave-in conditioner, and it worked SO well! I love that the smell matches the shampoo, so there's no scent conflict. :)
It also feels really silky/satiny. It smoothed through my hair so nicely, I only used a dime-sized amount on my whole head.
I blow-dried my hair, and it turned out really nice and silky with a lot of body and shine! (My hair is naturally wavy and frizzy, btw).
Loved this leave-in!

on 3/8/2008 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS!! I'm always using different shampoos and conditioners, but I always use a little bit of this right before I blow dry. My hair is about 7inches below my shoulders and whenever I use this stuff, I can run my finger through my hair ALL day long without any tangles! Makes it smell good too.

on 3/9/2008 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this a week ago, and I'm pretty impressed. My hair isn't really long...it's more like an inch below my shoulders...but I'm growing it out. It doesn't really smell the same as the shampoo and conditioner. It smells more chemical-y. But it does smell nice. Makes my hair somewhat oily at the roots, but that's only after a day..otherwise it makes my hair soft, supple, silky, and shiny! I'll buy again.

I just tried this for the first time. I have long, fine hair, which always splits at the ends... so I thought hey why not. Smell is nice... but unlike the matching sham/cond.

I put this only on the ends of my hair because otherwise my hair would get weighed down. It is so thick and greasy, I hated the way my towel-dried hair felt. I almost thought after I blowdried I'd have to get back in the shower to get it out. Very waxy feeling.

Well I blow dried, and nothing spectacular. Would not repurchase.

on 3/29/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I mostly liked this product...I bought it after seeing that it made another reviewer's hair dry more quickly. My hair takes anywhere from 25 minutes to over an hour to blow dry so I'm ready for anything that helps. For reference I'm half-Indian half Black with very very curly hair that I stopped relaxing about two years ago. I used the LTR shampoo and conditioner (which I found very difficult to rinse out), then mixed a small amount of this with a bit of Joico Relaxing Balm and combed through with my fingers. Then I pulled through a small amount of BioSilk oil. It didn't make my hair dry any faster, but I did notice when I was flatironing it afterward that it was a lot straighter and less frizzy than it usually is. The only problem is that my hair was extremely limp and lifeless. Usually I get great body day one and day two after washing (I wash my hair every 3-4 days) but this time I looked like a drowned rat. I was not impressed.
I think the root of the problem is one of two things; it may be because I put it all through my hair instead of just at the ends which is where I need extra moisture. or it may be because I wasn't able to rinse out all the conditioner and so there was just too much product. Next time I'm going to clarify my hair first, make sure I rinse out the conditioner, and apply this to my ends only and see how that turns out. I'll update this review after I do that...

on 4/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

For whatever reason, this past winter has wrecked and dried my hair. I've been using this leave-in for about 2 weeks in conjunction with my Citre-Shine serum. I noticed results almost the first day. For the first time in......well, practically never has my hair been this soft and smooth. My hair is very thick and wavy and this combo calms my hair a LOT. It's about armpit length :). After washing, I use the leave-in first (2 pumps on the ends and 1 pump throughout), wash my hands cuz it is a bit slimy on the palms after application, and then work through the Citre-Shine throughout about 2 minutes later.