Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 19-24
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

It's okay, nothing spectacular. The scent isn't divine, it's nice though. If you smell it straight from the tube however, it smells alcohol like. It makes my hair seem thicker but it doesn't soften it up as much as I hoped. Overall decent product, price was good, would not repurchase however because I like to try new products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a wonderful drugstore leave-in! The smell is great and it gives a ridiculous amount of slip and softness. The first time I used it, I was in absolute shock that something could make my hair so incredibly soft. Definitely worth the money!

I gave 1 star for the scent and another star just because it KIND of works but not really. When I pumped the product out of the container, it was very thick and was hard to spread throughout my ends. So I put a few drops into my hands along with the leave-in conditioner then it started to get a little bubbly..? Also, since I tried this on dry hair, my hair felt so disgusting and turned out so greasy!

The next time I tried it, I decided to use it on damp hair. I put a tiny bit into my fingers (about half a penny) and it was a bit easier to work through my ends but still made my hair feel icky. When my hair dried, it just felt coated with product and there was very minimal conditioning. Plus it made the back of my neck feel covered with grease & my neck is never oily (if it's even possible for people's necks to get oily).

I still continue to use this sometimes but only for the scent. I put a barely there amount because I feel this is just so concentrated (?) Won't repurchase.

on 7/27/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this because it does exactly what it promises - it's a "leave-in split end protector for long hair." I don't like the smell (I think I'm in the minority on that one though) or the thick, almost waxy texture; also, I agree with ArizonaAngel that this does weigh your hair down. HOWEVER, I am trying to grow out my hair, and this protects from split ends wonderfully. I will stick with this until my hair grows out to the length I want it, and then maybe switch to something that isn't as heavy.

7/28/08 Edit: I've been reading up on hair products and the ingredients that go in them, and upon looking through LTR's ingredients - including but not limited to dimethicone and lots of things ending in "alcohol" - I changed my repurchase from "yes" to "no," and gave this 2 lippies instead of 4.