Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24
Clairol Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In  [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

When my dad was on a drugstore run, I asked him to buy me some heat protectant. "Nothing expensive," I told him, "just look for the work protectant in it. It'll come in a pump." So he picked this leave in conditioner up. I couldn't blame him, it fit all the criteria. So I am using it. I've had it for months, used it a good ten+ times. I have straight, thick, long tresses. I get many compliments on the health of my hair, but since moving to the midwest where the water and winters are unbearably harsh, I thought extra moisture wouldn't hurt for my ends. I have used BedHead's Ego Boost, Organix, EVOO, and Aussie's spray leave ins before, so I know what to and what not to expect from leave in conditioner..
Perhaps because I have such healthy hair, I do not see the beaming benefits other reviewers have mentioned. This is a cream conditioner, much like the stuff you use in the shower. It's very heavily scented. It's a decent scent, but I don't like anything hindering the way of my fragrances. I need about 6 pumps of the stuff just to cover the tips of my hair evenly. I do have lots of hair and this product is cheap, but it just seems wasteful!
I have applied it on both dry and wet hair. Either way, it leaves my hair with a waxy residue that doesn't get absorbed. My hair doesn't have split ends to begin with, but the dried ends are not "quenched" at all.

Herbal Essences products, in my opinion, have nothing special about them other than smelling nice, and are actually let downs most of the time. This is no exception. It was only three bucks, but I'd rather let my conditioner sink in a bit longer in the shower than to use this. It leaves me with nothing but a strong flowey smell and a gunky residue. Would not recommend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! I use it as a leave-in conditioner almost daily, and it's probably one of my favorite products. The smell is absolutely addictive, so that's a plus. When I apply it to my damp hair, it makes my hair so incredibly soft. I'm trying to grow my hair out, so the silk proteins will definitely help with that.

My only issue is that it did TERRIBLY when I've tried to apply this to dry hair. It made my hair feel rather dry afterwards, which I found odd. I guess it just works best on damp hair.

on 3/13/2011 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Smells amazing. Kind of reminds me of the chi silk infusion thing. It leaves my hair smooth and soft . But I feel like I don't really see the difference because I still have a lot of split ends! I still like using it though ! For the price it's not bad!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes, I would definitely buy this product again! I love it so much! I have long hair the longest point to the small of my back and there is a noticeable difference when I use this product vs. no product at all. I apply it on my damp hair and smooth it down the length of it concentrating on the ends and then blowdry. I can feel how soft my hair is when I'm blowdrying. This product is cheap too, I think I purchased it for around $4 at Target. The whole line of Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship is superb and smells so sweet and tart.

on 3/23/2010 8:37:00 PM

OMG I LOVE this product! It made my hair so healthy and totally minimised the split ends. I love the entire collection. My hair is very thin and veeery long thanks to these products and especially to this treatment. I absolutely would recommend this to anyone and the smell is amazing! <3 <3 <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Like the matching rinse-out conditioner, I found that this leave-in left my hair tangly and hard to comb. It's a silicone-based cream intended to help seal split ends, and it does do a nice job of making my ends feel softer (I know nothing can fix a split end except a trim, but I do believe that moisturizing oils and cones can help prevent the wear and tear that causes splits). It definitely works much better in damp hair than in dry hair, where it gets especially sticky. I've been applying it to damp hair, air-drying, and also applying it to the tassels of my braids (I put my hair into braids when I sleep with it dry). Overall it's not a bad product, but I won't repurchase due to the stickiness. Easy to use pump bottle, strong fragrance that lingers.

omg I love this. My hair smells DIVINE after using this, and it makes my hair so soft and smooth. I have highlighted fried hair and it definitely didn't feel that way after using this. Love it. I alternate using this and my organix coconut oil anti-breakage serum and my hair has never felt better.

on 12/1/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, let me say that I have very fine thin long hair, and it is extremely dry at the ends due to my perming it. I find that this product really moisturizes my hair. I apply it after I wash my hair. I towel dry it a little bit, but my hair is still pretty wet when I put in 2 or 3 pumps at the ends of my hair. It smells really good. The next day, my hair is always noticeably softer. I have tried applying it on when my hair is dry, it ends up feeling a little crunchy. so I would recommend putting this when your hair is wet. This is the first time I have tried a leave-in conditioner, so I am probably going to shop around before I repurchase this again. But I am very happy with this product. I took off one lippie because I do feel that my hair can be softer. My hair was very soft when I did not perm it. so this didn't completely reverse the effects.

on 11/18/2008 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a good leave-in conditioner that keep my hair soft at the end of the day. I am asian with thin fine hair that I occasionally straighten with the CHI but other than that my hair is in fairly good condition. As the day progresses, my roots tend to get oily and my ends a bit rough. In the winter, at the end of the day, my ends begins to feel a bit rough and tangled so I wanted a leave-in treatment that would keep my hair soft all day long. I tried this in 3 different ways.
1) I showered at night and the next morning as I got ready, I smoothed about 2 pumps worth of product into my hair. It didn't seem to "blend" into my hair. When you ran my fingers through my hair, it was obvious I had product in it. It didn't feel soft and smooth like I hoped. As the day passed on, the cream seem to have absorbed into my hair more and my hair felt softer.
2) I showered at night and before my hair dried, I put the product into my hair. When I woke up, my hair was pretty soft but there was still a hint of residue.
3) I showered at night and waited till my hair dried, and put the product in. Again, it was obvious that I had cream in my hair and the texture felt "funny". The next morning, my hair felt very smooth, was not obvious there was some kind of cream in my hair, and stayed that way for the rest of the day. :) Guess it takes a while for the cream to absorb into my hair.
So I guess option 3 went the best for me. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell. So heavenly. I want to try other leave-in treatments first before I decide if I would repurchase this one because I like to just put the product in the morning and have results right then and there, not wait a whole night. The reviews on the Herbal Essences Break's Over leave in conditioner is better so I think I'll try that one next (if i can find it!).

on 7/27/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this because it does exactly what it promises - it's a "leave-in split end protector for long hair." I don't like the smell (I think I'm in the minority on that one though) or the thick, almost waxy texture; also, I agree with ArizonaAngel that this does weigh your hair down. HOWEVER, I am trying to grow out my hair, and this protects from split ends wonderfully. I will stick with this until my hair grows out to the length I want it, and then maybe switch to something that isn't as heavy.

7/28/08 Edit: I've been reading up on hair products and the ingredients that go in them, and upon looking through LTR's ingredients - including but not limited to dimethicone and lots of things ending in "alcohol" - I changed my repurchase from "yes" to "no," and gave this 2 lippies instead of 4.