The Naked Bee Vitamin C SPF 18 Daily Facial Moisturizer

No Image

4.7

Bought this moisturizer on a whim at a random gift shop because of the all natural element and the SPF in it. Had low/no expectations, but as soon as I started using it I loved it!
It's probably my favorite moisturizer ever: non greasy, sinks in quickly and nicely, feels light even though the consistency is on the thicker side, has SPF, does have a scent but not overpowering, is all natural, and supports a smaller company.
I used this for about 4 years, then the store I found it at stopped selling it, so I switched to a few different moisturizers, but decided to come back and just pay the US to Canada shipping fees (which is more than the moisturizer itself...)
Dedicated customer!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Well, I work at a hospital and our gift shop happens to carry this brand. I first purchased The Naked Bee's Everyday Facial Cleansing Gel in that same orange blossom scent and I really liked the affect of the jojoba beads in the wash. It is very unique. As the name implies, it is a gel cleanser so there isn't any kind of lather, which I rather like. My face feels moisturized but not overly so...your skin will soak in the moisture and it locks into place. Nothing too overkill, though, which is great for my oily skin. Almost like you are oil cleansing but much more downplayed. I follow it up with my Alba Botanica Acnedote Scrub. There's a nice contrast between these two products that I find complementary. The Naked Bee is a bit softer and the AB takes off the excess oil and goes for a deeper clean with the walnut shell powder.

Anyway, after trying that I decided to give the Moisturizer a shot. Same beautiful scent. I didn't find it overpowering like some reviewers did. But I also use a very small amount so maybe that is why. A little bit goes a long way with this product so even with the 10.99 price tag, I feel that these bottles will last me quite some time. I applied it this evening after applying organic rosehip seed oil and aloe vera fresh off the stalk. Lovely outcome. Would definitely recommend in the future but still in the testing phase of both products. Good experiences so far, though. Will update :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Other than the smell, this is a great moisturizer! I used it last night to see how my skin would react to it and I was very content. This moisturizer is very thick yet absorbs into your skin really well. Mind you, I have really oily skin and if I apply a moisturizer at night, I wake up looking like a grease ball. Not with this moisturizer. I applied it this morning and it did not interfere with my makeup application. The only con I might have is the smell. Oh my goodness it's atrocious. It smells like sweet bubblegum honey. Bleh, I have to breathe from my mouth when applying. Other than the smell, I definitely recommend and will continue to use.

FYI: Not sure if they are the same, but I purchased the SPF 30 moisturizer.

on 2/16/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a light daytime facial moisturizer for all skin types. I just adore the orange blossom honey scent!! I have the bottle in the 2.5oz size - perfect for air travel. It was a bit expensive though, about $12.50! Also, I do wish it came in a flip-top tube rather than a pump dispenser, which I find to be a bit cumbersome for me to handle.

Love this! I found it at a nature store in downtown Placerville, CA at their front counter. The smell is incredible, and it provides enough moisture to my face without becoming too oily. I do wear Jason's vitamin E oil underneath it and the combination is perfect. I also bought the hand and body lotion (my husband loves the smell) and later that week stopped by and picked up the soap and shampoo. I am very impressed with the shampoo, it has made my hair very managable and soft and not sure if it's my imagination or not, but my highlights seem brighter. The only thing I don't like is the bottle it comes in, it's not the easiest to pump the product from, but I can live with that. (no animal testing and paraben-free).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The only bad comment I have about this moisturizer is the scent, which is a big deal for me. When I ordered it, I did not see that it was "Orange Blossom and Honey". The honey doesn's bother me, in fact that's why I bought it because honey really agrees with my skin and I'm having a tough time finding the perfect facial moisturizer. However, the Orange Blossom scent WAY overpowers the Honey smell, and it's all you can smell. So - if you like Orange Blossom scents, or can get past it - it's a GREAT moisturizer. My skin is really finicky about moisturizers (most either break me out or make my skin really oily and greast), but this one seems to balance my skin pretty perfectly.

I bought this at: colonialmedical.com: http://www.colonialmedical.com/search.php?mode=search&xid=34ae428e47723756993979e860a2f083