Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel - Espresso

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Tinted Brow Gel - Espresso

4.3

WATER/EAU/AQUA, VP/VA COPOLYMER, SD ALCOHOL 40B, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYGYCLERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, CARBOMER, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163)

on 6/15/2016 1:59:00 AM

Bought this on the recommendation of my local Anastasia salon. Love the original clear gel, but this is just so hard to apply, goes everywhere and ends up ruining my entire makeup look. That being said, the colour and pigmentation are great, but the huge brush is way too hard to control for my relatively large and bushy brows. I shudder to think how those with thin brows use this product!

on 5/21/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! The shade is perfect, I prefer something lighter than my already-black-brows, and this isn't too warm toned like many others. The formula is nice since it fills in sparce areas nicely, but doesn't look too dark or too much. It's a nice everyday product, but the wand is big! It isn't as big as, let's say, the maybelline brow gel with the ball wand. However, the wands of benefit gimme brow and loreal plumper brow gel are so much smaller and is more universal for brows. If you already have really thick brows, it may not be a problem but I have 'normal' thickness of brows and this gets messy easily. I can easily wipe it off with my finger before it sets and it'll come off. After this sets and dries for a long time, it does get a little crunchy. I'm not sure if mine is old, since no one else seems to have that problem. Although I can touch it and it feels crunchy, the skin under my brows don't feel uncomfortable or disturbed like my loreal one sometimes does. Overall, it's really nice. I love this but the loreal brow gel is ALMOST as good as this. It's a little more bold and I have it in the darkest shade. The packaging is cute and looks high quality. It's transparent so I can see how much is left in the tube. Love that! The letters on it come off if you rub it harshly, but it won't come off if you don't do something aggressively with it. I can also throw it in my bag without worrying about anything spilling, too. I've had it for a while. Overall I love this stuff but sometimes my wallet needs a break! I may not repurchase since it's not HG status because of the wand and price, but I would be more than happy if I got it as a gift or something like that! 4/5 :)
tbhaudio on instagram ((without an s at the end! thanks if you check it out))
hope this review was helpful <333

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really pleased with this product! I was worried Espresso would be too light for my dark hair from viewing online swatches but it's actually an excellent match. It blends in smoothly, lasts all day, darkens and thickens my brows in even the most stubborn of areas whilst still remaining natural looking. I use this after I apply my dipbrow and the results are fantastic. Instantly fuller brows! However, I did give this product 4 out of 5 because the brush is too big. You end up using too much product and because of this it can be quite messy. I have to wipe clean the smudges afterwards which I hate because it's a waste and I want this to last as long as possible!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

An amazing product for sparse eyebrows. Fills in my brows while making them look really natural. Great for a novice like me- can't go wrong with this product. Espresso is the perfect shade- not to dark or light. Definitely will be a repurchase for me.

on 3/10/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have repurchased this 3 or 4 times now... meaning I have used it for probably 2 years since it lasts me 6 months before getting gross. So obviously I have had a lot of time to evaluate this product. I really love the color espresso, I have medium brown hair, but throughout the time I have used this brow gel I have had almost blonde hair and very dark brown-- it worked every time. I did use the lighter color Brunette for a time, but it was too warm for my naturally ashy brown eyebrows.

I have quite thick and fairly dark eyebrows naturally, so I don't feel the need to fill them in with powered-- using this product is totally enough for me. It combs all the hairs in place and the gel slightly fills in the gaps and sparse areas in your brows. For those like me who have thick eyebrows already this is perfect for everyday use. Often I will wear no other makeup except this, because although my eyebrows are already thick I feel like it just makes such a difference! Keeping the eyebrow hairs in place and tinting them slightly may not sound like a big deal, but I swear it makes you look sooooo much more put together.

My only complaint is that I think the brush is too big. Most of the new eyebrow gels coming out have small precise wands-- this product has a huge mascara size wand. For those with thinner eyebrows this may be a deal breaker.

Love it!! good for my dark eyebrows. tames them but still makes them look natural and awesome. the wand thing is a little big but it works. highly recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is perfect for my dark thick eyebrows. Complements them so it does not look unnatural.
Makes my long hairs stay in place and matted down.

This product lives up to its good reviews and popularity!

on 8/7/2013 8:23:00 PM

(This review is for caramel, as I could not find a page for it.)
I have fairly thick eyebrows with rather long, somewhat curly eyebrow hairs. (thanks dad!!!) I am always hesitant to have them done, as whenever I have them waxed/threaded/plucked they are always too thin and usually uneven. So I decided to grow out my eyebrows and pluck out only the obvious strays.
However...there are a few patches which could have more hair, not to mention that due to having long eyebrow hairs they get messed up throughout the day and it ruins my look. Eyebrows are important, they can make or break you. So I decided to try this. I begin by brushing up my eyebrow hairs, then brushing on a light coat of this gel, then brushing my eyebrow hairs down a bit so that they aren't ridiculous. They stay in place all day, look natural, and I don't get eyebrow bedhead anymore.
Attached is a picture of me with the gel on.

on 6/27/2013 10:06:00 AM

Where has this been all my life?! I have dark, thick eyebrows that are easy to groom into a good shape so I never paid any attention to brow products. Lately though I've just been feeling like my face needs some extra "oomph" and after enviously eyeing some of my fave beauty blog mavens' full, dark brows I decided I needed to work on that area. This gel is incredibly easy to use and the espresso (dark brown, no red tones) tint darkens my brows without making them look harsh or fake. It really adds a finished look to your face with minimal effort, even if the rest of your makeup is simple. It takes me like ten seconds to put it on and it lasts all day, taming stray hairs and keeping everything shaped and in place. I took off a lippie because the mascara-like wand is slightly too big even for my full brows, causing some gel to migrate outside brow lines. I imagine this would be more annoying if you have thinner brows. It's kind of pricey but it'll last a full year for me. I wonder how the cheaper alternatives compare. Overall -- great product, will never be without it, etc.

on 12/15/2012 8:16:00 PM

I just noticed lately how important eyebrows are in framing your face. I've always felt that my brows were too light for my hair color (deep brown). This product makes them look darker and fuller too! The product itself is wonderful, but the applicator really is less than desirable. I feel like if the wand was smaller, it would be easier to apply. Often there is a lot of product on the edge of the brush and it gets above and below my eyebrows. This usually only happens when I'm really in a rush in the morning though. The expresso color really matches my hair well and it does look and feel quite natural.

Popular Brows Products