Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle

3.8

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

NC43. I wanted to love this color, but I didn't care for it on me -- it was darker and bluer than expected; I much prefer Stormy. I'm not sure the color is all that unique, but it has the usual great RBL application and wear.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My first RBL and gray polish. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's fantastic. It looks great on my neutral/cool fair hands. It's unique without being ostentatious--I wore to work and it was edgy but appropriate. Lasting power isn't great, though, and it chipped after about 36 hours even with topcoat. If I change my polish often, it's no big deal, but that does make me wary about getting more RBL polishes in the future.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

CJ is a light cream dove gray with prominent blue undertones. I'm a big fan of grays but, was worried that this may look similar to colors I have. The closest thing I have to this is mac's on the prowl. OTP is however more neutral, with a "dusty" quaility. Application was dreamy, it went on smoothly and was opaque and streak-free in 2 coats. I used nailtek foundation II and poshe topcoat. I'll report on the wear at a later date. I have a darker complexion with yellow undertones and I don't find that this clashes at all. It's a gorgeous chic color. I'm very impressed with RBL and would definitely be purchasing more in the future.

on 8/8/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a fabulous grey creme, with the slightest suggestion of blue. It applies beautifully , has a super shiny finish and wears well. Definitely a chic must-have.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love Rescue Beauty Lounge's nail polishes, but this shade made my hands look like an exhumed corpse's. Not flattering in the least on my medium cool-toned skin, and seemed to bring out a weird, yellowish sallow tone. Yuck! =(

on 4/22/2008 11:18:00 PM

Brought back a few bottles of RBL nail polishes from my recent NYC visit including Concrete Jungle (supposedly the new "black" nail polish). I really don't mind jumping on the bandwagon on this one coz it really looked good on my nails!! It was the first color I tried and next day at work, I got compliments left and right. It's a pretty dove grey polish, super light shimmer, kinda almost matte. I honestly have not seen any color like it before. It also doesn't hurt that RBL nail polishes are 3-free, safe for preggers like me =)

Popular Polishes