Cargo Cannes Eye Shadow

Cargo Cannes Eye Shadow

4.3

on 1/24/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Even though this color has a bit of shimmer to it, it works for a daytime look because it is so light. This shadow color makes for a decent highlighter or a very light wash over whole lid. Not my absolute favorite Cargo color, but it's a nice change sometimes.

As always, I love the Cargo tins - although a few times I had trouble getting this tin open because I had left it in the bathroom for awhile and I think the steam/moisture made getting the cap off very difficult. Live and learn...don't leave your cosmetics hanging out near the shower.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so mixed on these shadows. The colours are AMAZING and the pigments are really great and last forever, but they tend to break easily. I have the colours nepal and mojave and for some reason both of them crumbled in their little cans without even being dropped. I still use them, but now I have to very carefully lol! Also, I am actually not a big fan of the cans because sometimes I find them hard to get off and on, and that is a big no-no for me when I am rushing around in the morning!!

on 8/26/2003 6:30:00 AM

Cargo eye shadows come in cute little round silver tins. Cargo is the only shade I own, but I really like it. It's a shimmery lavender/pink, which applies really smoothly, and brightens up the eye area nicely. I usually wear this on it's own with lots of black mascara, and it's a nice, neutral eye.

on 5/31/2003 11:20:00 AM

Cargo's eyeshadows have great staying power with little to no creasing, are easy to build on for a dramatic look, terrific color selection & you get a lot of product for your money!!!

Cannes is a beautiful, subtle pink with a hint of shimmer that is great as a highlighter or to use all over the lid.

on 1/19/2003 7:13:00 PM

This is a simply stunning shade of light pink shadow. It is my all time favorite pink color. I love to wear this as wash and then use a black liner to line my upper lids. Whenever I wear the combo I get compliments on it.

on 9/16/2002 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very neutral pink. On lighter skintones it almost isn't pink at all (like on mine), instead it just brightens up the eye area and adds a healthy look. I would think that this color would show up more pink on darker skintones. Overall, I like this color. It's great as a wash. I took off one lipstick for the packaging, I hate these pots! They always seem to get stuck. I would most likely repurchase this when/if I run out.

on 9/15/2002 11:39:00 AM

I purchased this to get the free lipstick and lipliner from Cargo at Sephora.com. I'm a huge fan of Cargo lipsticks but wanted to try an eyeshadow. This is a pretty light shimmery pink. I tend to look like I have pink eye with pink shadows on my eyes but this is subtle enough to just brighten my eyes without screaming "pink." The pigment is good but not great. If I don't use a shadow base with it, it blends into my skintone and doesn't show up at all. If I use a base, it looks great and lasts pretty well on my lids.

This is my fave shadow. I am already on my second and I have hit the bottom of the tin again! It doesnt take me long to use this one up. Its definitely a staple in my cosmetic bag, it really brightens the whites of the eye.

on 6/5/2001 6:15:00 AM

A lovely shimmery pale pink. Not too shimmery, though. A good base color for wearing with other shades or alone for a pale eye look. Gentle, non-irritating (to my sensitive eyes.) Nice tin can packaging.