Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

4.3

on 6/24/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I recently purchased my 2nd pan of this shadow. I love this shade as a natural-looking matte highlight on my brow bone. As they say, "like my skin, but better".
-I used to use MAC's "Vanilla" pressed shadow as my matte skin-tone highlight, but vs $15+ a pan, I've found Maybelline's "Linen" to be a very affordable replacement.
I like to use this semi-opaque light vanilla/creamy-white matte shade not only as a brow highlight but also to help to blend out the edges of my eyeshadows, and it acts a little bit as an eraser around the edges, too.

While this is a matte formula it does have the barest hint of a satin-shimmer...but the shimmer is really not noticeable on the skin

I had depotted my first shadow in this shade and added it to a small palette specifically for my highlight shadows...but then I hit pan and started running pretty low. Definitely had to grab a back-up of this awesome shadow!

I will certainly continue to repurchase this fantastic product.

on 12/26/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am glad I read in MUA that this shade does not impart pink tones to the skin. It is a very natural brow-ridge highlighter, effective and with minimal sparkle; I would prefer none but it is difficult to find many matt shadows these days. The staying power is average when applied over liquid foundation.

I got this product hoping to actually replace a lancome sample I've had for a while which is now running out (how sad..). I got it in a BOGO sale, so, for me at least, the price was pretty much as good as it gets :) I hadn't, however realized that it was supposed to be a shimmer, because for my purposes I was looking for a matte color. Since it's not incredibly shimmery, and it IS lighter than my skintone, it makes an absolutely superb highlight! I was very pleasantly surprised with this product!