Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fair to medium toned person and this eyeshadow was too light for me. However it is aptly named as the color is a light linen or bone in color. I thought the color was going to be more of a neutral bisque color.

In terms of texture and blendability, the eyeshadow applied and blended just fine. I just wanted other to know that if they are looking for a neutral eyeshadow that this color probably isn't it if you are a bit medium toned.

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

on 8/5/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've used this off white matte shadow on my upper and lower lids, and then applied Maybelline Earthly Taupe on the areas I want to darken and recede (upper brow and corners of the eyes). The lightness of the shade opens up and brightens my eye area. I also use blue eye liner and blue mascara for further brightening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got a white and sliver, i like them a lot. the colors show up great for me. great price, great packaging. i love it. if only i could find a navy blue...

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

on 1/19/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Linen is a satin light ivory eye shadow.It goes really well on the application,it stays on all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look under my eye brows! It looks good also with a nude-peach.! It goes well with:neutral colors! Love it!

This e/s is now a matte shadow and no longer has any shimmers in it. It's good for a subtle highlight, and it looks much more office appropriate than a shimmer highlight. It's not very pigmented, but it's not chalky either. It's a light bone/ cream color, like that of vanilla ice cream. It's hard to find matte highlights in the drugstore brands, and I got it for $3.50 at target

on 1/14/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

HG Highlight! Loves it. It is the perfect finishing touch for my eyes. It's a warm cream with a hint of pinky/gold with out being OTT. It can also double as a wash of color for my whole eye! It is not ashy in the least and can be used alone or with any eye look. Now that I think about it, this is the eyeshadow version of MAC's Luminary Lusterglass. Total must have in my collection. I plan to stock up because Mabelline is known for getting rid of colors!