Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/19/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was hoping to use this color to highlight the inner corner of my eye and the center of my eyelid, and to have it be an option w/o shimmer. Happy to say that I didn't notice any shimmer like other reviewers noted. Completely matte. But also quite chalky and difficult to blend. I even used my fingers when my fancy brushes didn't get the job done. Not a great loss as I only spent a few dollars for it. And I'm not mad at Maybelline. While I've not had much luck with the matte shades in this line, some of the shimmer ones are rather good. I won't repurchase this particular color though.

on 11/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fair to medium toned person and this eyeshadow was too light for me. However it is aptly named as the color is a light linen or bone in color. I thought the color was going to be more of a neutral bisque color.

In terms of texture and blendability, the eyeshadow applied and blended just fine. I just wanted other to know that if they are looking for a neutral eyeshadow that this color probably isn't it if you are a bit medium toned.

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

on 8/5/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I've used this off white matte shadow on my upper and lower lids, and then applied Maybelline Earthly Taupe on the areas I want to darken and recede (upper brow and corners of the eyes). The lightness of the shade opens up and brightens my eye area. I also use blue eye liner and blue mascara for further brightening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got a white and sliver, i like them a lot. the colors show up great for me. great price, great packaging. i love it. if only i could find a navy blue...

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

on 1/19/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Linen is a satin light ivory eye shadow.It goes really well on the application,it stays on all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look under my eye brows! It looks good also with a nude-peach.! It goes well with:neutral colors! Love it!

This e/s is now a matte shadow and no longer has any shimmers in it. It's good for a subtle highlight, and it looks much more office appropriate than a shimmer highlight. It's not very pigmented, but it's not chalky either. It's a light bone/ cream color, like that of vanilla ice cream. It's hard to find matte highlights in the drugstore brands, and I got it for $3.50 at target