Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

on 10/19/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was hoping to use this color to highlight the inner corner of my eye and the center of my eyelid, and to have it be an option w/o shimmer. Happy to say that I didn't notice any shimmer like other reviewers noted. Completely matte. But also quite chalky and difficult to blend. I even used my fingers when my fancy brushes didn't get the job done. Not a great loss as I only spent a few dollars for it. And I'm not mad at Maybelline. While I've not had much luck with the matte shades in this line, some of the shimmer ones are rather good. I won't repurchase this particular color though.

on 8/5/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I've used this off white matte shadow on my upper and lower lids, and then applied Maybelline Earthly Taupe on the areas I want to darken and recede (upper brow and corners of the eyes). The lightness of the shade opens up and brightens my eye area. I also use blue eye liner and blue mascara for further brightening.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

A fabulous winter color, and I use it when blending or in the inner corner of my eyes. In my opinion, it is the best cream color and it provides the perfect amount of shimmer. It wears off much quicker in heat, and looks best when primer is used. I have a pale friend who uses it, and it looks absolutely stunning. But, it works for beige to medium skin as well.

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

on 9/25/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have just hit pan on my second, or possibly third purchase of this shadow. I always use this as my base for every eye look over elf primer. I'm actually more of a high end girl when it comes to shadows but these two simple products are my HG and have been for about 2 years. I also Use this as a highlight on my cheek bones when I am slightly paler in the winter. So affordable and such a great colour!

on 12/30/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Linen works as a highlighter or an all over color wash. The days that I use this are my light makeup days. The color is light, so it doesn't give off too much shimmer. I top Linen off with an eyeshadow from NYX called Ultimatum, which is my favorite eyeshadow w/ the right amount of shimmer. It's a nice combo with a gel liner, a little lip gloss or nude lipstick. It's my perfect look for running errands, so I don't get caught with absolutely no makeup on. I love the Maybelline Expert Wear Singles ~ they are a great product and a great value...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Linen is a good highlight shade. It's not too white or too much of a skintone cream shade. Somewhere in the middle, so it gives a great glowing effect as a slight shimmer. It's not over the top on shimmer, but does reflect and illuminate eyes. I'd call it more vanilla than linen.

on 12/31/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the Maybelline eyeshadows, they come in many pretty colors. They are pretty long lasting, and I don't usually have them crease on me. The only thing I have a problem with is they are a little bit on the expensive side. I think $4 each for an eyeshadow is a little too much, especially when it's only one shade. Sometimes you can find them on sale though. They are still good eyeshadows though, and I like them.