Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.4

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shadow is a must have! It provides a great base to add and blend other eye shadows. I use eyeshadow primer, then sweep this light color all over my eye lid up to my brows. I then add my other desired shadow colors.
It is a very natural looking color and really helps to brighten the eye area. It isn't especially glittery like some shadows, so you can easily pull off a natural eye look.

on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

on 1/19/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Linen is a satin light ivory eye shadow.It goes really well on the application,it stays on all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look under my eye brows! It looks good also with a nude-peach.! It goes well with:neutral colors! Love it!

on 1/5/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To second the reviewer a couple reviews down, I have to agree that this is a nicer product that Covergirl's French Vanilla, which I was previously using. I was satisfied enough with French Vanilla as it was the only shadow I had purchased in this type of shade and it worked well enough, but I picked up Maybelline Linen (almost identical shades) instead the last time I was at the store because they haven't had French Vanilla in stock for some time and Maybelline's shadows were on sale. I am sooo glad I tried this and will now switch over to using it regularly. It's smoother/creamier in texture and application than Covergirl French Vanilla, the shimmer is more subtle and it wears longer. I also find there's less fallout onto my black eyeliner. I really like it and would recommend for a drugstore eyeshadow in this shade!

on 12/26/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am glad I read in MUA that this shade does not impart pink tones to the skin. It is a very natural brow-ridge highlighter, effective and with minimal sparkle; I would prefer none but it is difficult to find many matt shadows these days. The staying power is average when applied over liquid foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great shadow! Today is the first day I am using it..... I did my makeup at 7 this morning and as of now (around 3:30PM) it still has that freshly applied look, no fading or creasing whatsoever. It's a beautiful 100% matte cream/ivory shade. I use it from lash to brow and then put a brown shadow in my crease. I also used it to set my concealer, worked like a charm. It's dirt cheap...... picked it up in Target for 3 dollars and some change. If your on the hunt for a matte highlight shade I highly recommend Maybelline Linen.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like the uses of this. It can be used for a highlight, a full wash or use just a little bit. The only problem with this, along with pretty much ever Maybelline eyeshadow, is the short lasting time. It will crease in about two hours time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

DUPE FOR MAC'S SHROOM EYESHADOW!