Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

3.7

on 6/24/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I recently purchased my 2nd pan of this shadow. I love this shade as a natural-looking matte highlight on my brow bone. As they say, "like my skin, but better".
-I used to use MAC's "Vanilla" pressed shadow as my matte skin-tone highlight, but vs $15+ a pan, I've found Maybelline's "Linen" to be a very affordable replacement.
I like to use this semi-opaque light vanilla/creamy-white matte shade not only as a brow highlight but also to help to blend out the edges of my eyeshadows, and it acts a little bit as an eraser around the edges, too.

While this is a matte formula it does have the barest hint of a satin-shimmer...but the shimmer is really not noticeable on the skin

I had depotted my first shadow in this shade and added it to a small palette specifically for my highlight shadows...but then I hit pan and started running pretty low. Definitely had to grab a back-up of this awesome shadow!

I will certainly continue to repurchase this fantastic product.

Was looking for a bone matte shade to cancel out the redness/pigmentation of my eyelid as a base color. This is not it. It's (almost) white and very sheer, so there's virually no coverage. It is also NOT matte. It looks matte in the package, but it has shimmer-not a lot, but noticeable.
I'll find a use for it somewhere I'm sure of it, but if your looking for a neutral base color, don't bother with this one. I give it 3 stars for being just ok.

Love the eyeshadow. It works well on my oily eyelids. Wish the brush lasted longer.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shadow is a must have! It provides a great base to add and blend other eye shadows. I use eyeshadow primer, then sweep this light color all over my eye lid up to my brows. I then add my other desired shadow colors.
It is a very natural looking color and really helps to brighten the eye area. It isn't especially glittery like some shadows, so you can easily pull off a natural eye look.

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like the uses of this. It can be used for a highlight, a full wash or use just a little bit. The only problem with this, along with pretty much ever Maybelline eyeshadow, is the short lasting time. It will crease in about two hours time.

on 2/8/2010 12:41:00 PM

Got this at RiteAide for 40% off. It's a nice cheap highlighter for people with medium/dark skin, however, this product didn't show on my light olive asian complexion. Also, it feels a bit chalky; the pigmentation of the powder is not great. It didn't show through for me. It's also very dry so after I put it on all I could see were dusty dry patches on my face. Had to return it. Well, you get what you pay for.

on 9/6/2009 11:30:00 PM

I love this shadow as highlighter. It's not chalky and not too white and shimmery. I love it!

I got this product hoping to actually replace a lancome sample I've had for a while which is now running out (how sad..). I got it in a BOGO sale, so, for me at least, the price was pretty much as good as it gets :) I hadn't, however realized that it was supposed to be a shimmer, because for my purposes I was looking for a matte color. Since it's not incredibly shimmery, and it IS lighter than my skintone, it makes an absolutely superb highlight! I was very pleasantly surprised with this product!