Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Anyone who says you can't find a decent matte eyeshadow at the drugstore needs a crash course in Maybelline 101, because this shade along with Earthly Taupe and Made for Mocha are every bit as smooth, creamy and pigmented as anything from my UD Naked palette.

This color is your very classic vanilla color that can be used as a wash all over the lid or a browbone highlight if you're going for a subtle shimmer-free look. I don't mind using the sponge applicator it comes with, or my finger to apply this because you will get a lot more pigment out of it this way versus using a brush.

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

on 1/19/2013 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Linen is a satin light ivory eye shadow.It goes really well on the application,it stays on all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look under my eye brows! It looks good also with a nude-peach.! It goes well with:neutral colors! Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great shadow! Today is the first day I am using it..... I did my makeup at 7 this morning and as of now (around 3:30PM) it still has that freshly applied look, no fading or creasing whatsoever. It's a beautiful 100% matte cream/ivory shade. I use it from lash to brow and then put a brown shadow in my crease. I also used it to set my concealer, worked like a charm. It's dirt cheap...... picked it up in Target for 3 dollars and some change. If your on the hunt for a matte highlight shade I highly recommend Maybelline Linen.

This e/s is now a matte shadow and no longer has any shimmers in it. It's good for a subtle highlight, and it looks much more office appropriate than a shimmer highlight. It's not very pigmented, but it's not chalky either. It's a light bone/ cream color, like that of vanilla ice cream. It's hard to find matte highlights in the drugstore brands, and I got it for $3.50 at target

on 1/14/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

HG Highlight! Loves it. It is the perfect finishing touch for my eyes. It's a warm cream with a hint of pinky/gold with out being OTT. It can also double as a wash of color for my whole eye! It is not ashy in the least and can be used alone or with any eye look. Now that I think about it, this is the eyeshadow version of MAC's Luminary Lusterglass. Total must have in my collection. I plan to stock up because Mabelline is known for getting rid of colors!

on 12/30/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Linen works as a highlighter or an all over color wash. The days that I use this are my light makeup days. The color is light, so it doesn't give off too much shimmer. I top Linen off with an eyeshadow from NYX called Ultimatum, which is my favorite eyeshadow w/ the right amount of shimmer. It's a nice combo with a gel liner, a little lip gloss or nude lipstick. It's my perfect look for running errands, so I don't get caught with absolutely no makeup on. I love the Maybelline Expert Wear Singles ~ they are a great product and a great value...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Linen is a good highlight shade. It's not too white or too much of a skintone cream shade. Somewhere in the middle, so it gives a great glowing effect as a slight shimmer. It's not over the top on shimmer, but does reflect and illuminate eyes. I'd call it more vanilla than linen.