Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.3

on 10/19/2018 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was hoping to use this color to highlight the inner corner of my eye and the center of my eyelid, and to have it be an option w/o shimmer. Happy to say that I didn't notice any shimmer like other reviewers noted. Completely matte. But also quite chalky and difficult to blend. I even used my fingers when my fancy brushes didn't get the job done. Not a great loss as I only spent a few dollars for it. And I'm not mad at Maybelline. While I've not had much luck with the matte shades in this line, some of the shimmer ones are rather good. I won't repurchase this particular color though.

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

I bought this with the idea in mind it would be a good highlighter color and would have some shimmer. When i put it on it was actually pretty close to my skin color. I use it all over my eye now when i want a shimmery eye. I think its really pretty :D The packaging is nice and i would buy it again, their only four dollares!

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like the uses of this. It can be used for a highlight, a full wash or use just a little bit. The only problem with this, along with pretty much ever Maybelline eyeshadow, is the short lasting time. It will crease in about two hours time.

on 12/31/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the Maybelline eyeshadows, they come in many pretty colors. They are pretty long lasting, and I don't usually have them crease on me. The only thing I have a problem with is they are a little bit on the expensive side. I think $4 each for an eyeshadow is a little too much, especially when it's only one shade. Sometimes you can find them on sale though. They are still good eyeshadows though, and I like them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is way more matte than shimmer - and ultimately, too yellow for me. But it's a very nice lid color I think for most people.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Anyone who says you can't find a decent matte eyeshadow at the drugstore needs a crash course in Maybelline 101, because this shade along with Earthly Taupe and Made for Mocha are every bit as smooth, creamy and pigmented as anything from my UD Naked palette.

This color is your very classic vanilla color that can be used as a wash all over the lid or a browbone highlight if you're going for a subtle shimmer-free look. I don't mind using the sponge applicator it comes with, or my finger to apply this because you will get a lot more pigment out of it this way versus using a brush.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shadow is a must have! It provides a great base to add and blend other eye shadows. I use eyeshadow primer, then sweep this light color all over my eye lid up to my brows. I then add my other desired shadow colors.
It is a very natural looking color and really helps to brighten the eye area. It isn't especially glittery like some shadows, so you can easily pull off a natural eye look.