Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.1

on 2/8/2010 12:41:00 PM

Got this at RiteAide for 40% off. It's a nice cheap highlighter for people with medium/dark skin, however, this product didn't show on my light olive asian complexion. Also, it feels a bit chalky; the pigmentation of the powder is not great. It didn't show through for me. It's also very dry so after I put it on all I could see were dusty dry patches on my face. Had to return it. Well, you get what you pay for.

Was looking for a bone matte shade to cancel out the redness/pigmentation of my eyelid as a base color. This is not it. It's (almost) white and very sheer, so there's virually no coverage. It is also NOT matte. It looks matte in the package, but it has shimmer-not a lot, but noticeable.
I'll find a use for it somewhere I'm sure of it, but if your looking for a neutral base color, don't bother with this one. I give it 3 stars for being just ok.

on 11/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fair to medium toned person and this eyeshadow was too light for me. However it is aptly named as the color is a light linen or bone in color. I thought the color was going to be more of a neutral bisque color.

In terms of texture and blendability, the eyeshadow applied and blended just fine. I just wanted other to know that if they are looking for a neutral eyeshadow that this color probably isn't it if you are a bit medium toned.

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

I bought this with the idea in mind it would be a good highlighter color and would have some shimmer. When i put it on it was actually pretty close to my skin color. I use it all over my eye now when i want a shimmery eye. I think its really pretty :D The packaging is nice and i would buy it again, their only four dollares!

on 2/11/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is a very light whitish beige color with a decent texture. The packaging says it has a shimmer finish, but I find the shimmer to be very minimal on my lids. I like this as a base all-over color or on days when I don't wear very little makeup and just want to even out my lid. I think this is a nicer, cheaper alternative to Urban Decay Foxy (matte), which I previously used for the same purposes. However it doesn't last as long as other shadows I've used.

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

Love the eyeshadow. It works well on my oily eyelids. Wish the brush lasted longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

A fabulous winter color, and I use it when blending or in the inner corner of my eyes. In my opinion, it is the best cream color and it provides the perfect amount of shimmer. It wears off much quicker in heat, and looks best when primer is used. I have a pale friend who uses it, and it looks absolutely stunning. But, it works for beige to medium skin as well.