Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/11/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is a very light whitish beige color with a decent texture. The packaging says it has a shimmer finish, but I find the shimmer to be very minimal on my lids. I like this as a base all-over color or on days when I don't wear very little makeup and just want to even out my lid. I think this is a nicer, cheaper alternative to Urban Decay Foxy (matte), which I previously used for the same purposes. However it doesn't last as long as other shadows I've used.

I bought this with the idea in mind it would be a good highlighter color and would have some shimmer. When i put it on it was actually pretty close to my skin color. I use it all over my eye now when i want a shimmery eye. I think its really pretty :D The packaging is nice and i would buy it again, their only four dollares!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Linen is a good highlight shade. It's not too white or too much of a skintone cream shade. Somewhere in the middle, so it gives a great glowing effect as a slight shimmer. It's not over the top on shimmer, but does reflect and illuminate eyes. I'd call it more vanilla than linen.

on 8/5/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I've used this off white matte shadow on my upper and lower lids, and then applied Maybelline Earthly Taupe on the areas I want to darken and recede (upper brow and corners of the eyes). The lightness of the shade opens up and brightens my eye area. I also use blue eye liner and blue mascara for further brightening.

on 11/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fair to medium toned person and this eyeshadow was too light for me. However it is aptly named as the color is a light linen or bone in color. I thought the color was going to be more of a neutral bisque color.

In terms of texture and blendability, the eyeshadow applied and blended just fine. I just wanted other to know that if they are looking for a neutral eyeshadow that this color probably isn't it if you are a bit medium toned.