Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

No Image

4.1

on 2/11/2008 1:38:00 PM

This is a very light whitish beige color with a decent texture. The packaging says it has a shimmer finish, but I find the shimmer to be very minimal on my lids. I like this as a base all-over color or on days when I don't wear very little makeup and just want to even out my lid. I think this is a nicer, cheaper alternative to Urban Decay Foxy (matte), which I previously used for the same purposes. However it doesn't last as long as other shadows I've used.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is way more matte than shimmer - and ultimately, too yellow for me. But it's a very nice lid color I think for most people.

on 12/31/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like the Maybelline eyeshadows, they come in many pretty colors. They are pretty long lasting, and I don't usually have them crease on me. The only thing I have a problem with is they are a little bit on the expensive side. I think $4 each for an eyeshadow is a little too much, especially when it's only one shade. Sometimes you can find them on sale though. They are still good eyeshadows though, and I like them.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this eyeshadow hoping to use it as a nice, natural highlight colour but I was foiled - it's actually about the same colour as my skin, and doesn't really highlight. Having said that, if I could buy this product as a face powder, I would! I've been tempted to just grab a powder brush and apply it all over my face. It's gorgeously smooth, soft and blendable. It's a "Shimmer/reflex brilliant" colour, so I like to use it as a lid colour to make my eyes a little more lively. It's great, and for a little over $4 for 2.6g, you can't lose!

I bought this with the idea in mind it would be a good highlighter color and would have some shimmer. When i put it on it was actually pretty close to my skin color. I use it all over my eye now when i want a shimmery eye. I think its really pretty :D The packaging is nice and i would buy it again, their only four dollares!

I got this product hoping to actually replace a lancome sample I've had for a while which is now running out (how sad..). I got it in a BOGO sale, so, for me at least, the price was pretty much as good as it gets :) I hadn't, however realized that it was supposed to be a shimmer, because for my purposes I was looking for a matte color. Since it's not incredibly shimmery, and it IS lighter than my skintone, it makes an absolutely superb highlight! I was very pleasantly surprised with this product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Linen is a good highlight shade. It's not too white or too much of a skintone cream shade. Somewhere in the middle, so it gives a great glowing effect as a slight shimmer. It's not over the top on shimmer, but does reflect and illuminate eyes. I'd call it more vanilla than linen.

on 9/6/2009 11:30:00 PM

I love this shadow as highlighter. It's not chalky and not too white and shimmery. I love it!

on 11/5/2009 5:58:00 PM

I use "Linen" as an eyeshadow base and as a highlighter. It's shimmery, but not obnoxious and glittery.

on 2/8/2010 12:41:00 PM

Got this at RiteAide for 40% off. It's a nice cheap highlighter for people with medium/dark skin, however, this product didn't show on my light olive asian complexion. Also, it feels a bit chalky; the pigmentation of the powder is not great. It didn't show through for me. It's also very dry so after I put it on all I could see were dusty dry patches on my face. Had to return it. Well, you get what you pay for.