Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

4.5

on 6/24/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I recently purchased my 2nd pan of this shadow. I love this shade as a natural-looking matte highlight on my brow bone. As they say, "like my skin, but better".
-I used to use MAC's "Vanilla" pressed shadow as my matte skin-tone highlight, but vs $15+ a pan, I've found Maybelline's "Linen" to be a very affordable replacement.
I like to use this semi-opaque light vanilla/creamy-white matte shade not only as a brow highlight but also to help to blend out the edges of my eyeshadows, and it acts a little bit as an eraser around the edges, too.

While this is a matte formula it does have the barest hint of a satin-shimmer...but the shimmer is really not noticeable on the skin

I had depotted my first shadow in this shade and added it to a small palette specifically for my highlight shadows...but then I hit pan and started running pretty low. Definitely had to grab a back-up of this awesome shadow!

I will certainly continue to repurchase this fantastic product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great to have on hand to highlight brow bones, inner tear ducts, cupids bow, and cheekbones! Super cheap and easy to come by. I just use my fingers to apply.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Linen has been a staple in my eyeshadow collection for years. Mostly, I've used it as a lid color, and to highlight around the inner corners for the "more awake" look. It is the perfect light cream color in my opinion, however, it does not last on my lids for very long, half a day max. I've never used it with a lid primer, so results may differ. The packaging is as cheap as it gets, and I've broken several of these through the years, but the last few drops have only broken off the top half layer, so I still have plenty of product left. Even so...they're so cheap, I can always buy another when one breaks. I would recommend this if you're looking for a basic neutral shadow and highlighter, and don't want to break the bank!

on 9/6/2009 11:30:00 PM

I love this shadow as highlighter. It's not chalky and not too white and shimmery. I love it!

Top Rated Eye Shadow