Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Anyone who says you can't find a decent matte eyeshadow at the drugstore needs a crash course in Maybelline 101, because this shade along with Earthly Taupe and Made for Mocha are every bit as smooth, creamy and pigmented as anything from my UD Naked palette.

This color is your very classic vanilla color that can be used as a wash all over the lid or a browbone highlight if you're going for a subtle shimmer-free look. I don't mind using the sponge applicator it comes with, or my finger to apply this because you will get a lot more pigment out of it this way versus using a brush.

on 1/5/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

To second the reviewer a couple reviews down, I have to agree that this is a nicer product that Covergirl's French Vanilla, which I was previously using. I was satisfied enough with French Vanilla as it was the only shadow I had purchased in this type of shade and it worked well enough, but I picked up Maybelline Linen (almost identical shades) instead the last time I was at the store because they haven't had French Vanilla in stock for some time and Maybelline's shadows were on sale. I am sooo glad I tried this and will now switch over to using it regularly. It's smoother/creamier in texture and application than Covergirl French Vanilla, the shimmer is more subtle and it wears longer. I also find there's less fallout onto my black eyeliner. I really like it and would recommend for a drugstore eyeshadow in this shade!